DVC Brainstorm

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
The Deluxe resort list for DVC is really dwindling down, forcing some serious creativity :)

With the Poly DVC coming, and apparently some rumors on EPCOT DVC, I was thinking it'd be interesting to have a DVC brainstorm session.

Near theme parks, water parks, mini-golf, or an entirely new area, I think we can seriously come up with some amazing solutions.

Personally, for starters, I'm thinking something cool could definitely be done to Port Orleans Resorts. It's not a deluxe, but that doesn't mean the section rooms with amazing river views can't be. ( @Sam4D23 you may be interested in idea :) )

port-orleans-map-aerial.jpg

Any other ideas? Places? Additions?

tumblr_lya11wG2Vk1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Looked at some spots for a possible Port Orleans DVC...

All of them are highlighted in red...

French Quarter...
ScreenShot2014-04-16at54018PM_zps36321c30.png

ScreenShot2014-04-16at54115PM_zps4cb772c0.png

Riverside
ScreenShot2014-04-16at54246PM_zpse63e9232.png

Maybe For French Quarter something similar to these?
French_Quarter03_New_Orleans.JPG

Private Pool Possibly?

swimmingpool1-800x532.jpg

I'm out of ideas for Riverside...Anyone have any cool ideas for a Riverside DVC?

Vipraa

All of them are highlighted in red...

French Quarter...
ScreenShot2014-04-16at54018PM_zps36321c30.png

Riverside
ScreenShot2014-04-16at54246PM_zpse63e9232.png

A lot of that area is designated for conservation so unfortunately its kinda hard to expand within the current resort.

There is plenty of area that is marginally suitable for construction in between Port Orleans and Saratoga Springs
Screen Shot .jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think the next move will be a second tower on Bay Lake at the Contemporary. Would replace the other garden wing.

Sam Magic

To seriously talk about NOLA, I would honestly tare it all down and in it's place construct ten buildings styled after the French Quarter. The centerpiece building/check in's would be a St. Louis Cathedral and adjacent buildings re-build. in the center of the resort would be a large park, beautiful park lands and gardens would surround the river with preferably some bike trails and Spanish Moss Oaks. The newest addition would be a French Market. On the Riverside area I would once again tare it all down and rebuild an Acadian/Cajun village.
Each one would feature DVC's.

There a Louisianians opinion on what should happen.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
A lot of that area is designated for conservation so unfortunately its kinda hard to expand within the current resort.

There is plenty of area that is marginally suitable for construction in between Port Orleans and Saratoga Springs
View attachment 51521

Yeah, but I think some of that's with the golf course? (If you're talking about the opposite side of the river of French Quarter...)

I think the next move will be a second tower on Bay Lake at the Contemporary. Would replace the other garden wing.

Yeah, that sounds great! I could totally see a nice makeover for the Garden Wing.... Maybe short like they are now (a few floors taller..),
image_contemporaryresort_northwing3.jpg

but in the same round design as Bay Lake?

10973103_1.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
To seriously talk about NOLA, I would honestly tare it all down and in it's place construct ten buildings styled after the French Quarter. The centerpiece building/check in's would be a St. Louis Cathedral and adjacent buildings re-build. in the center of the resort would be a large park, beautiful park lands and gardens would surround the river with preferably some bike trails and Spanish Moss Oaks. The newest addition would be a French Market. On the Riverside area I would once again tare it all down and rebuild an Acadian/Cajun village.
Each one would feature DVC's.

There a Louisianians opinion on what should happen.

Interesting... Any pool ideas? Or would you keep the "Mardi Gras Float meets Gatorland" theme?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Tare it all down, There is no need or point for a pool area. I understand it is a Disney Resort, but the pool area does not fit in.

I get what you mean theme wise, but as a Disney Hotel you need, seriously, you need a pool area. Preferably with a water slide (Which Personally, is up there for best things for little kids at Port Orleans). Another option would be to treat it like the Yacht and Beach Club. Have an awesome water park-ish area for Riverside, let both resorts use it. But it'd have to be improved, definitely.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Here's what I was thinking for Port Orleans DVC...

ScreenShot2014-04-18at35556PM_zps66b2d90b.png

White buildings are DVC, with a quiet pool, and water views...

Made a bridge by the pool, the purple buildings were all an idea for a Small Port Orleans Entertainment District.(Even thought Downtown Disney's a boat ride away, I thought New Orleans theming could really bring a cool entertainment area...)

Mostly focus on the idea of the DVC location though.... Thoughts? To close to the road?

Cesar R M

Here's what I was thinking for Port Orleans DVC...

ScreenShot2014-04-18at35556PM_zps66b2d90b.png

White buildings are DVC, with a quiet pool, and water views...

Made a bridge by the pool, the purple buildings were all an idea for a Small Port Orleans Entertainment District.(Even thought Downtown Disney's a boat ride away, I thought New Orleans theming could really bring a cool entertainment area...)

Mostly focus on the idea of the DVC location though.... Thoughts? To close to the road?
Id honestly wish Disney could stop building too close to each others.. ruins the whole "forested" feeling that makes WDW beautiful.
Dunno about you, but I really love nature.
and Seeing that much green in the areas surrounding Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans.. was a big hit for me. ( I stayed in Riverside last year)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Id honestly wish Disney could stop building too close to each others.. ruins the whole "forested" feeling that makes WDW beautiful.
Dunno about you, but I really love nature.
and Seeing that much green in the areas surrounding Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans.. was a big hit for me. ( I stayed in Riverside last year)

Yeah I like the Greeney to... Maybe have Port Orleans DVC a bit father away from the Resort?

No, the water area being the Sasagoula River.

So... people swimming... in the river? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom