Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

note2001

Not a fan of larger, more confusing roadways - currently, it's not intimidating. Hoping they do a good job with signage.

maxairmike

The timing has to be that way because of the flow coming in as well as going out. If the flow in is cut/reduced they can readjust the light timing so more cars can exit property.

The timing isn't the only problem. It existed before they changed the timing, the timing change just magnified it and made me notice it a bit more. Also, the I-4 exit won't alleviate traffic entering from 535, it just alleviates traffic coming from I-4 (admittedly a large chunk, but it really is less than half of the issue). Of course, the DTD traffic is one part of the equation in the larger picture that is the mess of 535, however considering it is a large part of the equation, I think there should be a little more work by RCID with the County on how to address a primary artery traffic issue.

PhotoDave219

I am going to assume that the I-4 ramp directly into DTD is going to alleviate a lot of those problems. Right now that is the main route to get from I-4 to the DTD area, and that is why it is so congested. Change the entrance and bam, less traffic.

But that won't fix the disaster that is 535/I-4 which causes backups

PhotoDave219

Taking the traffic going to DTD away from that ramp and light system will help. Anything else causing the problem is no longer Disney's issue as it is not on their property.

Yes but as a local taxpayer, it's my problem.

Why are the roads in the panhandle so nice and the roads around here utter crap?

PeterMarcus

Man, I'll be glad when this is done. I like staying at the hotels around there, but 10 lanes (and the dedicated bus lanes) will make things so much smoother. It was a mess even before the construction started.

Mike730

The bus lanes are visible here....
Though this only looks like 8 lanes...
iAZJh3AfciA3P.png

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I would almost rather sit in the bumper to bumper traffic there is now and deal with minor dives by other cars from far left to far right than worry about them diving five lanes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom