Anyone stay at Cabana Bay yet?

NemoRocks78

Seized
You know, now that I think about it...the Thick One's post did remind me very much of a post on TripAdvisor nearly word for word, just with the usual Thick hyperbole and stupidity. I might wander back on over there to double check my hunch.
Wouldn't put it past the guy to be doing his trolling all around the internet... :banghead:

BaconPancakes

You know, now that I think about it...the Thick One's post did remind me very much of a post on TripAdvisor nearly word for word, just with the usual Thick hyperbole and stupidity. I might wander back on over there to double check my hunch.

EDIT: Wasn't TA, but man that "review" he posted sounded almost word for word like another one I read, just can't remember where.

Some people need to get jobs or hobbies. It is obvious some people have way too much time on their hands.

Cesar R M

EDIT: Wasn't TA, but man that "review" he posted sounded almost word for word like another one I read, just can't remember where.
Maybe he did copy paste? Like a meme?
It reminds me of the famous cut and paste meme used as a "template" to insult any fangroup or forum. It went like "Hi my name is JOHN and I hate every single one of you"

I'm afraid you seem to have got me confused with somebody else. (And misspelled my name, so the tag doesn't work). What are you talking about, and is there any video then?

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think your hostile passive-aggresive demeanor is based on me stating somewhere that TWDC is the market leader in themed resorts. Well that can not be helped. Rome is the capital of Italy, I can't help it if people get superupset about that either.

But congratulations to those involved for succesfully running that Cabana thread into the ground. Although I fail to see why that should be a laughing matter, nor why that 'succes' should bolster anybody in trying to make this fine thread the next victim.
Alas, looks like I missed the action (dang it now! :D). Last I read was that extraordinary slagging off by the anti-Jimmy crowd of this website, of Spirit and followers and of Whylightbulb.
I remember very clearly how Jimmy was claiming to have a video review and he never posted it.
kinda hurts his supposed "credibility".
Still, someone should always take for a tiny grain of salt when some big fanboy with stock of certain company.. goes to make a "review" of the competition.
makes it as suspicious as those Nvidia reviewers claiming to have done a "fair" review on ATI-AMD hardware.(hint.. they NEVER do)

Anyway, let's please forget about Mr. Thick here. Not need to ruin another thread for him.

As for the cabana.. noone as posted any video yet (I mean a real customer, not an advertisement or tour)?

(edited for clarity)

Cesar R M

Speaking of tripadvisor, not sure if its true or not; but I seen this reply in one of the complains about the ventilation fan in the bathroom.
Kinda clear things about it.

Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review,yesterday
Dear Guest:

We appreciate the feedback you provided for your recent stay, as it is through feedback such as yours we are continually able to audit our standards. We are very happy you enjoyed the park, resort and guestroom. We are in the process of purchasing larger trash cans for underneath the kitchen sink.

We are also providing trash liners for this trash can as well. Our bathrooms do have a ventilation system; however it is not the typical system you find in other resorts. This system pulls the air from a fan deep in the air duct and replaces it with air through the closet. This eliminates any fan noise that you would typically hear.

You are also correct in that we put a $100 hold if you plan on charging anything back to the room, however if you would prefer not to charge anything to the room, no hold other than remaining nights room and tax will be held.

We appreciate you giving the opportunity for us to educate ourselves with your feedback as well as other guests.

Sincerely,

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management

Cesar R M

So, their bathrooms do have fans?
If the manager said its true, I suppose they use a centralized fan system away from the rooms to suck the air out (like central air conditioner units) or some other system that do not need a fan right in the bathroom walls.
So, I suppose it counts.

Unless the complains are for a ceiling fan for when the room is hot and not an "extractor fan" for smelly things.

I'm sure some guests like them. :cautious:
As a deaf man, I can tell you that I usually sleep better with a rythm humm noise and soft vibration that some air conditioners make.
So I suppose other people might like the fan noise for other reasons (like fart noise attenuation? lol)

As opinion on the extraction system.
I honestly prefer a system like this.
Because having individual fans sucking the nasty air into a shared duct (which most hotels and apartments use), will mean that the smell MIGHT get into other rooms if their fans are not working.

Having a centralized system sucking the air out of the rooms on top of the buildings, it will use negative pressure to remove all the "nasty" air out of all rooms without contaminating the others.

maxairmike

Ok, after hearing that description of the bathroom ventilation system, I need a video/picture of the bathroom. Sounds interesting, and maybe less effective than the generally expected individual, loud fan. But if that is indeed the system, then yes, that one legit point also went out the window.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can get vent system for your house that has one central fan in the attic where you can't hear it but the bathrooms are still ventilated. They are usually switch on by the light switch but no extra switch or anything to tell you what is going on. The lights can be used for the vents as well.

Here's an example. http://www.hvacquick.com/products/r...haust-Kits/AirScape-Bath-Ventilation-Packages
I have seen those systems used in residential construction before and they have a number of advantages over the traditional fan in each room.

First and foremost is a noise reduction. The only sound you typically hear is the air going through the vent. This lets you put a much more powerful fan in the system without is sounding like you have a jet engine in your ceiling.

A secondary benefit is they are less prone to fires. It is not uncommon to see fires started by the traditional fans when a bit of cellulose insulation gets into a loose connection or wire.

Magenta Panther

Used in high end houses all the time. If you use the lights as vents it is very low key and works well. Only problem is lint build up around the light since the air is flowing over them. Basically the same concept as the central vac.

Man, you guys are amazing. I wish I'd known that when my house was built. The fan in one of my bathrooms was as quiet as can be a few years ago. Now when I turn it on, it sounds like a Cessna airplane engine. :p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Man, you guys are amazing. I wish I'd known that when my house was built. The fan in one of my bathrooms was as quiet as can be a few years ago. Now when I turn it on, it sounds like a Cessna airplane engine. :p
You can retrofit with one of these units providing you have access to the attic area above the existing fans. Your typical house with flat ceilings should have enough room. It can get complicated to impossible with vaulted ceilings or on first floor bathrooms of a 2 story house.

fosse76

Interesting, I was thinking that too. The WDW values get the same park perks as the other WDW resorts. EMH and 60 day out FP+ I mean. I can understand Uni giving folks reduced perks for this result based on price. In 2010 we went to Uni for a day, we bought a EP that allowed us on each ride once using the EP, not unlimited times as the EP does. Maybe this would make sense as a perk at this resort. Not sure but seems to me me the guest should get a little something beyond early entry. Just my .02.
Two huge pools, a lazy river, waterslide, bowling alley, complimentary fitness center, table-service restaurant (in addition to a food court and bars), plus room service. Cheaper than Disney's value resorts and with more amenities. And you don't need to make reservations for dining 60 days in advance. And unlike most of Disney's rsort hotels, this place could stand alone without the parks. Express Pass would be nice, but with the price points and amenities (not to mention location), it isn't needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom