Michael.

from the JC AMA on reddit:

Question-
"I am beyond excited to be able to step foot into Pandora. Any details you could share with us about the park expansion at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World? Even the tiniest detail would be awesome! Thanks for taking time to talk to us fans."

JC-
"Well, Disney are doing a first-rate job designing it. It's going to be completely spectacular. It will be like being on Pandora. You will see real floating mountains. It's going to be a very magical experience just to be there and walk around. And the two rides will be absolute state of the art. But I don't how much they want to say about what those rides specifically will be, so I probably shouldn't say anymore than that. But from what I've seen so far, it will be amazing. I will be sad it's in Florida, because I won't be able to go a lot to it."​

Sassagoula-Rvr

from the JC AMA on reddit:

Question-
"I am beyond excited to be able to step foot into Pandora. Any details you could share with us about the park expansion at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World? Even the tiniest detail would be awesome! Thanks for taking time to talk to us fans."

JC-
"Well, Disney are doing a first-rate job designing it. It's going to be completely spectacular. It will be like being on Pandora. You will see real floating mountains. It's going to be a very magical experience just to be there and walk around. And the two rides will be absolute state of the art. But I don't how much they want to say about what those rides specifically will be, so I probably shouldn't say anymore than that. But from what I've seen so far, it will be amazing. I will be sad it's in Florida, because I won't be able to go a lot to it."​
Just saw that and was going to post...I haven't been following much...but seems Jim pretty much confirmed two large rides. Not sure if that was confirmed already.

I am actually pretty excited for this...and I didn't even love Avatar that much...I just feel like WDI is going to knock it out of the park as far as incredible environments go. Naysayers be danged...Yeah, a lot of their stuff may be disappointing to some...but let's not forget that WDI is still the best in the business when they are allowed to be. And I really think James Cameron's involvement...however limited...will give them the political capital to get this done right.

doctornick

I am actually pretty excited for this...and I didn't even love Avatar that much...I just feel like WDI is going to knock it out of the park as far as incredible environments go. Naysayers be danged...Yeah, a lot of their stuff may be disappointing to some...but let's not forget that WDI is still the best in the business when they are allowed to be. And I really think James Cameron's involvement...however limited...will give them the political capital to get this done right.

Agreed. I'm glad to see that JC is actively involved in the project.

doctornick

Avatar is his baby. Of course he's going to be involved.

Sad to see confirmation of only two rides, though. I hope this doesn't turn out to be pretty scenery and lots of it but not enough substance to hold ones attention.

I'd rather have two high quality attractions than 3 of lesser quality. And, honestly, the ride that seemed to be cut -- the bike coaster -- isn't really what DAK needs. The park already has Everest and Primevil Whirl among it's scant ride offerings and it's not like Dinosaur and even the Sarafi are peaceful rides. Sure another coaster would always be welcome, but if we get a high quality Soarin' type ride and an engaging family style boat ride, that would help out DAK quite a bit.

I like Cameron saying that these will be "state of the art". I think he needs to be actively involved to make sure that the rides -- especially the boat ride -- are not value engineered into less engaging offerings. I'm hoping that the boat ride uses the tech planned for the Shanghai pirates ride where the boats can "point" specific directions and will be reasonably long and full of physical sets.

Mawg

I'd rather have two high quality attractions than 3 of lesser quality. And, honestly, the ride that seemed to be cut -- the bike coaster -- isn't really what DAK needs. The park already has Everest and Primevil Whirl among it's scant ride offerings and it's not like Dinosaur and even the Sarafi are peaceful rides. Sure another coaster would always be welcome, but if we get a high quality Soarin' type ride and an engaging family style boat ride, that would help out DAK quite a bit.

I like Cameron saying that these will be "state of the art". I think he needs to be actively involved to make sure that the rides -- especially the boat ride -- are not value engineered into less engaging offerings. I'm hoping that the boat ride uses the tech planned for the Shanghai pirates ride where the boats can "point" specific directions and will be reasonably long and full of physical sets.

In addition to the two rides I'm still hopping there is a walk through attraction, maybe look at it as the whole land is an attraction that you can walk through and interact with that completely changes at night.

jt04

In addition to the two rides I'm still hopping there is a walk through attraction, maybe look at it as the whole land is an attraction that you can walk through and interact with that completely changes at night.

Yes, done in the manner of the other two major trails at DAK would really create the continuity that Pandora will need to mesh within the theme park. And it could be amazing.

IMO.

doctornick

Yes, I expect that as well.

(And of course, the token M&G which I take it or leave it)

Mawg

Is there suppose to be a restaurant of some kind, maybe selling Navi food or maybe you can get a big six legged dog drum stick?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom