Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
We're not too far away from an exact year from it being DL's 60th birthday. Until that time actually comes next year, I thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to whatever we hear about the event (if there even will be one).

Before moving on, I just want to say I'm not expecting something huge for this one. Most certainly not the 50th celebration level... I don't expect another big bash like that until the 75th hits. Still, it will be interesting to see what happens next year, and I'm still planning to be there.

So far, all we have are rumors and speculation, and they are:

Nostalgia-themed celebration for the occasion
Upgrades for Fantasyland dark rides
Return of the MSEP
New night parade (highly doubt it)
New parade for DCA (doubt that one, too)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Like yourself, I'm not expecting much. Some nice merch, upgraded FL dark rides, and a new parade or return of MSEP will be fine by me! I'll only be around for a month or so of the celebration before moving back to FL, so I'll be happy to get to enjoy anything they throw our way.

coachwnh

What are your SoCal plans?
We aren't heading to AZ to see my brother-in-law this summer, but we will in 2015. He's a big Universal fan, so we are thinking of heading there. We also have friends in San Diego, so we'd like to spend time there as well. Still looking forward to our DL trip this June! Its coming up fast.

GiveMeTheMusic

Remember is such a fantastic show. If it doesn't get replaced next year, it will eventually, and I will be sad to see it go.

Magical will also be replaced as well, at least temporarily, by the new show. I haven't heard if Magical will return after the 60th is over.

I've also been told the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be returning for the 60th as one of the nostalgia offerings, and that DCA may be getting the new light parade now (which I find hard to believe). In fact, I don't know what light parade rumors to believe at this point - I also find it hard to believe MSEP would be coming back, as it's in such poor shape.

Travel Junkie

Magical will also be replaced as well, at least temporarily, by the new show. I haven't heard if Magical will return after the 60th is over.

I've also been told the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be returning for the 60th as one of the nostalgia offerings, and that DCA may be getting the new light parade now (which I find hard to believe). In fact, I don't know what light parade rumors to believe at this point - I also find it hard to believe MSEP would be coming back, as it's in such poor shape.

The parade rumor I heard was that it would be a carbon copy of the new Hong Kong night parade. Why not make 2 of everything instead of one? I don’t know how much merit there is to it, but it certainly sounds more logical than bringing back MSEP or borrowing Hong Kong brand new parade as MiceChat suggested.

GiveMeTheMusic

The parade rumor I heard was that it would be a carbon copy of the new Hong Kong night parade. Why not make 2 of everything instead of one? I don’t know how much merit there is to it, but it certainly sounds more logical than bringing back MSEP or borrowing Hong Kong brand new parade as MiceChat suggested.

That would be logical and I think everyone would be happy with that - but it would have to go into DCA in that case, because HK's Main Street is much wider than DL's. So that would jibe with the DCA rumor I heard. The plot thickens...;)

GiveMeTheMusic

HKDLs Main Street is the same scale as Disneyland's, practically an identical copy.

Hmm - I was under the impression the parade route itself was still wider - there's a vocal group in Creative Entertainment who would want to make sure they're not constricted with float sizes like they are at DL. Would be curious to know if the street itself is the same width. Hard to tell on Google Maps!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Makes sense to replace Magical! with the supposedly new show, but I'd hope they'd either bring it back for the summer, or create a new summer firework show.

I'm all for the Golden Horseshoe Revue's return. Not the tribute, but the actual show.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland on top, Hong Kong Disneyland on bottom. If there is a difference, it's not at all noticeable in person. Any parade in Hong Kong could easily fit in Disneyland and vice versa I would imagine.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I really hope Paint The Night comes to Disneyland as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

They do look identical! Crazy. Why would they do that?

I still wouldn't be surprised if a new night parade went to DCA - despite running fireworks, Fantasmic and two night parade performances monthly for years, I know operationally there are many in TDA who don't think it's a good idea anymore.

Honestly, I just hope we don't get MSEP back. Let that thing die.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'd love it if Magical was never seen again. Such a lame show. It'll be a shame to lose Remember, though - I'm not sure anything else could top it! :(

GiveMeTheMusic

Disney wanted someting cheap. Building copies of existing areas (MSUSA, castle, Space Mountain, WDW's Pooh ride and so on) is how they did it.

True - opening day HKDL was a pretty sorry hodge podge of clones, with no original attractions. It's amazing what a handful of great, original rides can do for a park. But then again - we knew that on day one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom