Anyone stay at Cabana Bay yet?

danpam1024

Original Poster
Personal preference I guess. I would most guest don't buy EP when going (we did one year) but I do think it's a huge perk for drawing in guest to stay on site is all. A much bigger one the early entry. Just my view. Either way I am sure the resort will do fine, but I just don't see the draw for me when the other Uni resorts are right there.
I think the draw it it's a "value" with prices comparable to disneys "values" BUT it is brand new and not "junky" I'm with you- I'm all about the EP (and room service :oops:)

BigTxEars

I think the draw it it's a "value" with prices comparable to disneys "values" BUT it is brand new and not "junky" I'm with you- I'm all about the EP (and room service :oops:)

Interesting, I was thinking that too. The WDW values get the same park perks as the other WDW resorts. EMH and 60 day out FP+ I mean. I can understand Uni giving folks reduced perks for this result based on price. In 2010 we went to Uni for a day, we bought a EP that allowed us on each ride once using the EP, not unlimited times as the EP does. Maybe this would make sense as a perk at this resort. Not sure but seems to me me the guest should get a little something beyond early entry. Just my .02.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Interesting, I was thinking that too. The WDW values get the same park perks as the other WDW resorts. EMH and 60 day out FP+ I mean. I can understand Uni giving folks reduced perks for this result based on price. In 2010 we went to Uni for a day, we bought a EP that allowed us on each ride once using the EP, not unlimited times as the EP does. Maybe this would make sense as a perk at this resort. Not sure but seems to me me the guest should get a little something beyond early entry. Just my .02.
I'm actually glad they're not overselling EP- makes it MORE of a perk imo. They DO have their own perks- in room kitchens, extra space etc. Plus they DO get early entry and are at a good (not ideal) proximity to the parks. Disney Deluxes have perks mods and values don't have too like alternate transport to the parks (boats and monorails).

BigTxEars

I'm actually glad they're not overselling EP- makes it MORE of a perk imo. They DO have their own perks- in room kitchens, extra space etc. Plus they DO get early entry and are at a good (not ideal) proximity to the parks. Disney Deluxes have perks mods and values don't have too like alternate transport to the parks (boats and monorails).

Oh I egt your point on EP, I am just saying it is a deal killer of me. Now that we have had it I do not see going back to Uni without it. If I can come out ahead staying at the other Uni resorts with free EP vs staying here and buying a EP then I know which way we would go is all :)

danpam1024

Original Poster
Oh I egt your point on EP, I am just saying it is a deal killer of me. Now that we have had it I do not see going back to Uni without it. If I can come out ahead staying at the other Uni resorts with free EP vs staying here and buying a EP then I know which way we would go is all :)
We are definitely going to take a look at it when we're at HRH in June. We MIGHT stay there in October (usually slow and have to buy EP for HHN anyways), but I'm pretty sure the distance from the gates are going to make it a "nope" for us :D Free EP does ruin ya!

BigTxEars

We are definitely going to take a look at it when we're at HRH in June. We MIGHT stay there in October (usually slow and have to buy EP for HHN anyways), but I'm pretty sure the distance from the gates are going to make it a "nope" for us :D Free EP does ruin ya!

Yes it does, of course with the new Potter expansion opening the early entry will be a huge perk again, I think it a little watered down now that Potter has lost some of it's crowds. But it will be huge when phase two opens.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Bahahaha! Judging by the thread that just got deleted here, I'd say Cabana Bay had one less ACTUAL negative guest than certain people would like for us to believe.
@Empress Lily, this would be a good time to post that video of Jimmy at CB; that will put this all to rest.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Bahahaha! Judging by the thread that just got deleted here, I'd say Cabana Bay had one less ACTUAL negative guest than certain people would like for us to believe.
@Empress Lily, this would be a good time to post that video of Jimmy at CB, and that will put this all to rest.
I'm afraid you seem to have got me confused with somebody else. (And misspelled my name, so the tag doesn't work). What are you talking about, and is there any video then?

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think your hostile passive-aggresive demeanor is based on me stating somewhere that TWDC is the market leader in themed resorts. Well that can not be helped. Rome is the capital of Italy, I can't help it if people get superupset about that either.

But congratulations to those involved for succesfully running that Cabana thread into the ground. Although I fail to see why that should be a laughing matter, nor why that 'succes' should bolster anybody in trying to make this fine thread the next victim.
Alas, looks like I missed the action (dang it now! :D). Last I read was that extraordinary slagging off by the anti-Jimmy crowd of this website, of Spirit and followers and of Whylightbulb.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but think your hostile passive-aggresive demeanor is based on me stating somewhere that TWDC is the market leader in themed resorts. Well that can not be helped. Rome is the capital of Italy, I can't help it if people get superupset about that either.

But congratulations to those involved for succesfully running that Cabana thread into the ground. Although I fail to see why that should be a laughing matter, nor why that 'succes' should bolster anybody in trying to make this fine thread the next victim.
Alas, looks like I missed the action (dang it now! :D). Last I read was that extraordinary slagging off by the anti-Jimmy crowd of this website, of Spirit and followers and of Whylightbulb.
I'm gonna NOT take your "industry leader" bait. We can save that for the thread in which it originated.

As for who is responsible for getting the thread deleted: if it was the doing of the "anti-Jimmy crowd", the individual comments would have been deleted, NOT the thread. Thread deletion indicates that there was something wrong with the original post from the very beginning...

maxairmike

You know, now that I think about it...the Thick One's post did remind me very much of a post on TripAdvisor nearly word for word, just with the usual Thick hyperbole and stupidity. I might wander back on over there to double check my hunch.

EDIT: Wasn't TA, but man that "review" he posted sounded almost word for word like another one I read, just can't remember where.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom