alcohol at resorts?

Mouse_Trap

We can't pack it in our luggage from the UK.

Why not? I presume you mean because of you weight allowance or cutoms?
I have frequently carried alcohol from abroad to the UK in hold luggage with no problems.

Don't think I have ever looked up what the restrictions on bringing Alcohol into the US are.

CarmelHP

As I recall, the best place to buy vodka is the gift shop in Epcot Norway. We bought a 750ml bottle of margaritas from Everything Pop for about $20. The Yuengling cans at POR go for $6 which is a little steep (beers by the pint glass at HOB in DTD was the best beer deal I found.)

GeoDonJac34

We use Garden Grocer. Besides saving on the alcohol, you can save money buying other items. Like bottled water, coffee, milk, etc. They basically sell everything a grocery store would sell.

Mouse_Trap

We use Garden Grocer. Besides saving on the alcohol, you can save money buying other items. Like bottled water, coffee, milk, etc. They basically sell everything a grocery store would sell.

Out of interest, how much do they charge for delivery / what's the minimum spend?

R W B

I spent $14/night 4 different nights on a Grey Goose Long Island from my resort's bar. Not the smartest thing but damn was it very good lol. Now that I see this thread, should of just bought something from the gift shop, would of been cheaper.

SCB1012

I recommend having your taxi stop at a gas station/Walgreens/grocery store on the way in and grabbing some. We always do this with a case of water, snacks, and wine and it makes everything so much easier (and cheaper!).

TheBeastMom

I carry our liquor in the packed bags and in 19 years have NEVER broken a bottle.

I always wrap a couple bottles of wine in my husband's socks. I always buy a bottle of what we enjoy (Rum/Whiskey/Tequila) and wrap my bras and a couple of tee shirts.

Any liquor on property is crazy high compared with your home.

You can use the https://www.gardengrocer.com/ to deliver everything from soup to nuts, literally.

MaryJaneP

Going to stay in the park for 5 days and I like a drink in the evenings. I've heard its expensive to buy alcohol in the park so is there a way to get our booze off park and get it back to room when we don't have a car. Or is Mickey a teetotaler?

"A" drink, meaning one? If so, pool bar should suffice. If more than one drink, the above posts seem to cover your options. I wouldn't pack in my luggage, but we always stop for snacks and sodas at crossroads/walmart/etc just prior to checkin. Also YC store seemed to have a nice variety. Didn't check out the prices though.

HRHPrincessAriel

I'm still trying to figure our how to get my beer. DH is packing his whiskey in his suitcase. We are getting water/soda/snacks from Amazon's Prime Pantry. I looked up the prices of Garden Grocer and no way could I justify their prices after seeing this new amazon service.

How far is this Hess from POFQ?
I may just be stuck with wine since I can pack that in the suitcase.

mrerk

Premium Member
I'm still trying to figure our how to get my beer. DH is packing his whiskey in his suitcase. We are getting water/soda/snacks from Amazon's Prime Pantry. I looked up the prices of Garden Grocer and no way could I justify their prices after seeing this new amazon service.

How far is this Hess from POFQ?
I may just be stuck with wine since I can pack that in the suitcase.

Further than you would want to walk. Take a boat or bus to the West Side or Pleasure Island stop and walk across the street to the Hess. I don't know if the ongoing construction will affect that plan.

brokedad

Going to stay in the park for 5 days and I like a drink in the evenings. I've heard its expensive to buy alcohol in the park so is there a way to get our booze off park and get it back to room when we don't have a car. Or is Mickey a teetotaler?
Take the bus to downtown disney, walk across the street to hess, grab some snacks and beer and return to all stars, most cost effective solution, they don't sell liquor, maybe a little wine

EvilQueen-T

If it's an expense issue just pack a bottle(s) with your luggage. We live in FL and have family come down once a year for a group vaca so I just hit the store here at home and bring everything except the ice. I drive but they've been known to bring a bottle or two with them on the plane too. We've always liked coming back at night and letting the kids swim in a quiet pool while we wind down and have a drink poolside and often the pool bar is already closed.

NiarrNDisney

We're staying at All-star Sports. So nothing within walking distance off-park?

Depending on your poison (Champagne and Scotch) and where you are (Mizners GFR or Rix Lounge CSR) drinking in WDW can get expensive! However there are ways to save some money.

Here's a few options:

- You could always Pack your choice of beverage in your checked luggage (make sure its in a plastic bottle to insure it doesn't break)
Consider taking a cab to a grocery store or gas station (booze in the resort gift shops can be over priced for what you get)
- Though a cab could be expensive for a trip from the All Stars to the nearest convenience store you may want to consider taking the resort bus to Downtown Disney where you could either walk over to the Hess station or call a cab to take you over to the Crossroads shopping center where you could pick up whatever it is you are looking for at the liquor store or Goodings.
- It seems that drinks are more expensive when you are purchasing them from a restaurant and in some cases full service bar but its been my experience that when you go to kiosks in and outside of the parks you aren't paying as much. (For instance a margarita from La Cava del Tequila is going to cost you more than the frozen margaritas found at the Margarita Stand in Mexico)
- Don't forget that buying the largest size or a double will save you in the long run not to mention you may find a great deal when you purchase what I lovingly call the "tourist drink" which most of the time are served in some ridiculous souvenir cup. I usually have found these at places like Rainforest Cafe & Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville (not on property) but Rose & Crown in the U.K. Pavilion as well as the in Germany serve beer and mix drinks in large glasses.
- Last but not least check out the restaurant menus in and out of the park that way you will have an idea of the prices not to mention some places are cheaper than others.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Depending on your poison (Champagne and Scotch) and where you are (Mizners GFR or Rix Lounge CSR) drinking in WDW can get expensive! However there are ways to save some money.

Here's a few options:

- You could always Pack your choice of beverage in your checked luggage (make sure its in a plastic bottle to insure it doesn't break)
Consider taking a cab to a grocery store or gas station (booze in the resort gift shops can be over priced for what you get)
- Though a cab could be expensive for a trip from the All Stars to the nearest convenience store you may want to consider taking the resort bus to Downtown Disney where you could either walk over to the Hess station or call a cab to take you over to the Crossroads shopping center where you could pick up whatever it is you are looking for at the liquor store or Goodings.
- It seems that drinks are more expensive when you are purchasing them from a restaurant and in some cases full service bar but its been my experience that when you go to kiosks in and outside of the parks you aren't paying as much. (For instance a margarita from La Cava del Tequila is going to cost you more than the frozen margaritas found at the Margarita Stand in Mexico)
- Don't forget that buying the largest size or a double will save you in the long run not to mention you may find a great deal when you purchase what I lovingly call the "tourist drink" which most of the time are served in some ridiculous souvenir cup. I usually have found these at places like Rainforest Cafe & Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville (not on property) but Rose & Crown in the U.K. Pavilion as well as the in Germany serve beer and mix drinks in large glasses.
- Last but not least check out the restaurant menus in and out of the park that way you will have an idea of the prices not to mention some places are cheaper than others.
There is also a Hess at the corner of Buena Vista Dr. and Epcot Resorts Blvd. This is within walking distance of Boardwalk hotel, and a very short cab ride from Pop.

NiarrNDisney

There is also a Hess at the corner of Buena Vista Dr. and Epcot Resorts Blvd. This is within walking distance of Boardwalk hotel, and a very short cab ride from Pop.

Yes very true! I didn't mention this since there isn't a bus that travels between the Boardwalk and the All Star resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom