Late June AP rates

danpam1024

Original Poster
Seems like rates are slow to come out this year (or I'm really excited to go back). Anyone know when the late June rates will post- I'm getting very anxious and just thinking about booking rack :jawdrop:?!?!? @Scuttle?

Scuttle

Seems like rates are slow to come out this year (or I'm really excited to go back). Anyone know when the late June rates will post- I'm getting very anxious and just thinking about booking rack :jawdrop:?!?!? @Scuttle?
My guess is they are delayed due to HP 2.0 and Cabana Bay phase 2 opening in June. I'd say wait another month. I'll try and get some info on it though. I wasn't even aware of it.

danpam1024

Original Poster
being that today is the last day for one block of rates, I'm hoping something comes out either this afternoon or tomorrow- if not, I'm booking rack so I get what I want :(

danpam1024

Original Poster
any word @Scuttle ? I'm getting nervous and rack rates for 8 nights at the HRH is gonna KILL my, ummm, "adult beverage" budget. And with no kid for 5 of those days, that's gonna stink! :hilarious:

Got too nervous and went ahead with the rack rate booking :greedy: Holy Heineken I hope something comes out and I can modify! Worth every stinkin penny though ;)

Last edited:

Scuttle

any word @Scuttle ? I'm getting nervous and rack rates for 8 nights at the HRH is gonna KILL my, ummm, "adult beverage" budget. And with no kid for 5 of those days, that's gonna stink! :hilarious:

Got too nervous and went ahead with the rack rate booking :greedy: Holy Heineken I hope something comes out and I can modify! Worth every stinkin penny though ;)
I got nothing. I don't know what's going on.

danpam1024

Original Poster
I got nothing. I don't know what's going on.
I think the summer WWoHP opened we had to pay rack as well- we got a kidsuite at HRH and it was around $615 a night:jawdrop:. Oh well- still a better deal than a MOD at WDW :D- it's our anniversary so anything goes :inlove:

KingdomofDreams

Just booked a bay view at Portofino Bay for $254 a night with APH rate. Not bad. Kids probably would prefer HRH or even RPR, but there were no APH rates for our travel dates at either of them. We've previously stayed at the other two, but this will be our first stay at Portofino.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Just booked a bay view at Portofino Bay for $254 a night with APH rate. Not bad. Kids probably would prefer HRH or even RPR, but there were no APH rates for our travel dates at either of them. We've previously stayed at the other two, but this will be our first stay at Portofino.
I saw that PB was the only one with PH rates- I would only save $20/ night and it's not worth it to me. We stayed there in February and I just really wanted to be at HRH. I will keep checking back and just MAYBE HRH will have something closer to arrival- if not, oh well :)

Patrick_Ears

I was looking into this AP tickets. Live in Louisiana and i'm only like a 11 hours away from it.. not sure if it would be worth it or not. Saw the price for the Preferred Pass and was like hmmm not bad.

danpam1024

Original Poster
I was looking into this AP tickets. Live in Louisiana and i'm only like a 11 hours away from it.. not sure if it would be worth it or not. Saw the price for the Preferred Pass and was like hmmm not bad.
they are ridiculously cheap IMO- and you get some perks like hotel discounts, free preferred parking, free valet for dining, HHN ticket, food/merch discounts and every month the do a passholder special like this month there are specials for Mardi Gras (special seating area, contest to ride a float, discounted food). My husband has a premium (for the better discount) and we have preferred.

KingdomofDreams

I saw that PB was the only one with PH rates- I would only save $20/ night and it's not worth it to me. We stayed there in February and I just really wanted to be at HRH. I will keep checking back and just MAYBE HRH will have something closer to arrival- if not, oh well :)

Yeah... $20 per night wouldn't really be significant enough savings to switch from where you want to stay. We really like HRH, but honestly, we stay onsite at Uni strictly for the EP benefit. Although RPR wouldn't be my first choice, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three onsite so we always just go with the best rate offered at the time. The PH rate of $254 at Portofino for our dates is $50 less per night than the next cheapest - RPR at $304 and over $100 off the public rate for Portofino.

Here's hoping they eventually open up a rate at HRH for your dates! :)

danpam1024

Original Poster
Yeah... $20 per night wouldn't really be significant enough savings to switch from where you want to stay. We really like HRH, but honestly, we stay onsite at Uni strictly for the EP benefit. Although RPR wouldn't be my first choice, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three onsite so we always just go with the best rate offered at the time. The PH rate of $254 at Portofino for our dates is $50 less per night than the next cheapest - RPR at $304 and over $100 off the public rate for Portofino.

Here's hoping they eventually open up a rate at HRH for your dates! :)
PB rooms are really BIG! We had a view of the bay area and it was pristine- I'm sure you'll love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom