I-Drive Live Update

71jason

Original Poster
Orlando Eye base is already vertical; word is there are looking for a grand opening NYE 2014, with soft openings up to a month before that. Surrounding restaurants/attractions to open by late November/early December as well.

Titanic will be relocating to I-Drive Live, and the same company will also open a "Bodies" exhibit (not the one currently next to CSI, which is owned by a different company, but apparently very similar).

FWIW, source on this seems convinced "poller coaster" is coming to I-Drive as well, slightly up the street, closer to Universal Blvd.

TowerOfTerror

It should be an interesting race to open first and secure all the new tenants. Next year we will have I-Drive Live complex opening, I-Shops on I-Drive and Sandlake, $70 million makeover of Festival Bay, 8 new venues at CityWalk, ParkSide at Sandlake and some news on Disney Springs.

I could see the Poller Coaster going in that plot of land on Universal Blvd and I-Drive. The plot of land that the tourist trap that used to house Skull Kingdom.

wdwjmp239

I just came back from Orlando this afternoon and noticed that the Wyndham Resort on the corner of I-Drive and Sand Lake is pretty much down to nothing. Now, in it's place is a Walgreens that's being built.

I did see the Orlando Eye (ferris wheel) base on I-Drive and that thing is ridiculously HUGE!!! Looks like the construction is moving right along. Hope they make the NYE 2014 deadline.

71jason

Original Poster
All over Twitter this morning. New name for the area is "I-Drive 360." Concept art for the new SeaLife looks intense, with a walk-through aquarium tunnel, similar to Shark Encounter at Sea World, only completely surrounded by water. Good news for tourists, more bad news for Shamu.

919Florida

All over Twitter this morning. New name for the area is "I-Drive 360." Concept art for the new SeaLife looks intense, with a walk-through aquarium tunnel, similar to Shark Encounter at Sea World, only completely surrounded by water. Good news for tourists, more bad news for Shamu.

Not sure how or why you think this would hurt SeaWorld. SeaLife and SeaWorld are two very different places. SeaLife will be a quick walkthrough location that may last for a couple of hours. SeaWorld is a full day experience with lots of different animals you will not see at SeaLife like polar bears, whales, pilot whales, belugas, penguins, otters and more. You also have thrilling attractions and great shows. SeaWorld is not like SeaLife.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
All the info/concept art that came out today looks great. I'm super hyped for this... it's gonna be an amazing addition to I-Drive. I'll be there a lot for sure. And I definitely recommend picking up a Merlin Annual Pass closer to opening, too - they're a great deal and include all Merlin attractions in the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom