Buffets & Paying for Kids Meal

erins3204

Original Poster
My 4 year old is a very picky eater. If we make reservations for a buffet, are we expected to pay for her even if she doesn't eat?

gooftroop5

Most of the buffets have food catered to kids....pizza, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, fruit, etc. You pay no matter how much or how little they eat.

JillC LI

Yes. When my son was little, buffets were great just because he WAS a picky eater. There was always something he could find and enjoy given the vast choices. Nowadays buffets are still great for him but for a different reason - as a teenage boy, he is a bottomless pit of an eater! LOL

JillC LI

When my son was young, buffets were great for him BECAUSE he was a picky eater. There was always at least one or two things he could find to enjoy. Nowadays buffets are great for him for a different reason - as a teenage boy, he is a bottomless pit of an eater! LOL

PigletIsMyCat

You would be surprised! She's a stinker!

Thanks everyone!

which buffet are you considering? a character buffet might be worth it for the experience. depending on what kind of food she might eat, there are a few i can recommend. i know it's not a picky 4-year-old, but i've dined all over disney with the pickiest adult i've ever met, a diabetic, and numerous vegetarians. so i'm well-versed in quite a few menus :rolleyes:

breakfast buffets might be a good option for mickey waffles, pancakes, breakfast potato things, eggs, bacon... crystal palace is my all time favorite breakfast spot. they do omelets to order and have a cute kids buffet with the most delicious, sugary french toast. plus toast, bagels, some pastries, some breakfast cereals, oatmeal. oh, and pooh, eeyore, piglet, and tigger! i haven't been to tusker house yet, but i think it has a lot of the same basic breakfast fare.

chef mickey's for dinner has a fairly wide variety of food, including yummy mashed potatoes, mickey ravioli, mac and cheese, and veggies. and, of course, chefs mickey, minnie, goofy, chip, dale, and/or donald all make appearances. if you want a seated all-you-care-to-eat, the garden grill might be an option. if she wouldn't eat turkey, mashed potatoes, and veggies, they have a kids' platter with a chicken drumstick, mac and cheese, and broccoli (they did last time i checked).

HouCuseChickie

OK- I may not be the best source as my girls are not picky eaters, but DD5 has her tendencies. While my approach to that is a totally different topic, I will say that the girls always like it when we do WDW buffets because there is usually more food on there that they love that they normally wouldn't get to eat. i.e. nuggets, pizza, mac & cheese, etc. Unless we're exhausted or there aren't great options, we push them towards chicken, fish, and shrimp in the restaurants with menus...but at the buffet, they get to indulge. Many of the kids' menu items were even tested on kids before added to the various restaurants.

note2001

You would be surprised! She's a stinker!

Thanks everyone!

Reverse psychology worked every time with my difficult one:

1) Pop plate of fruit and rolls in middle of the table.
2) Announce how great the food tastes and how you hope no one sneaks a taste...
3) Get up for a quick return to the counter, turn around, 'drop' something... ;)

She'll eat.

stevehousse

I was on the dining plan last trip and we went to Boma. My 5 year old at the time actually fell asleep at the table and did not eat. Our server told us he would not charge us a meal for him since he didn't eat at all. We ended up using his left over dining credit on a QS kids meal instead te next day for us to snack on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom