Got some pretty exciting news today!

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
So there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that I just found out we're expecting baby number two! The bad news is that this means putting off our Disney trip... again. My daughter will be three next month and we were supposed to go in September, but that was postponed until January, and with a new little one due the beginning of December it looks like we'll be putting it off again. Should I be brave and go in May for my daughter's 4th birthday (even though we'll have a 6m old in tow) or should we just wait until September 2015 and do MNSSHP when baby will be about 10m old?

What do you suggest? What are your experiences! Help a mommy out. ;)

Ohio HHI

Congratulations! Personally, I've taken by kids as babies at different stages (8 weeks, 6 months, 11 months) and they all have pros and cons. In some ways they are easier the younger they are b/c they can stay in their stroller quite a bit and tend to nap easier in the parks. But the memories of watching an older baby enjoy a parade or simple rides are precious.

mammaminnie

Congratulations!! We had to delay our trip for this June due to a new baby due in August. We are now going in December when the baby will be about 4 months old if that is any help.

EOD K9

We delayed our cruise this past March for our daughters who are due in June. We pushed it back til early next year when they will be anywhere from 8 to 11 months old.

meeskamickey

Congratulations! We are in the same boat! We had booked an October trip and found out a week later that I was pregnant. While we were sad to have to cancel, we are excited about our new addition. We have too many things going on to do a trip before the baby comes so we will have to wait until after.

docdebbi

i vote for going in jan anyway. assuming it is at least 6 weeks after your delivery. we have taken babies almost all ages. we find the younger, the easier. at 7-8 weeks, they sleep a lot of the day and just want food, clean diapers and to be held. by 8-9 months they want to be entertained (and you want to entertain them, you want them happy!) and actually make it harder for your older child.
as my daughter says, when she takes each new kid while still very young, "right now it's a sack of potatoes, you just have to carry it around with you.". now, don't get me wrong, she loves that sack of potatos, but it's demands on your time are far less than that of an 8 month old- who TRUST ME- is no sack of potatoes. they just won't sit still!
bottom line, we would never postpone a trip because of a new baby- with my daughter's record- we'd never go! if you don't want to go in january- go in May OR September, each will work out fine.
disney with a baby is hard, no doubt, but worth doing and fun.
enjoy

MOXOMUMD

So there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that I just found out we're expecting baby number two! The bad news is that this means putting off our Disney trip... again. My daughter will be three next month and we were supposed to go in September, but that was postponed until January, and with a new little one due the beginning of December it looks like we'll be putting it off again. Should I be brave and go in May for my daughter's 4th birthday (even though we'll have a 6m old in tow) or should we just wait until September 2015 and do MNSSHP when baby will be about 10m old?

What do you suggest? What are your experiences! Help a mommy out. ;)
The first time I took my daughter and had a wonderful time. :) You just have to be prepared for anything and everything.

minniemickeyfan

We took our son at 5 months and again at 11 months. Taking him at 5 months was actually easier. He wasn't on solid food yet, and easier for naps in the stroller. At 11 months they are crawling and getting into things, you have to think about bottles and food and my son didn't do well with eating solids away from home yet. Also Disney high chairs do not support an infant very well.
Wish you luck in your trip planning.

Blueskyze

How exciting! Congrats!! I took my son at 3 months and again at 6 months, and both trips were a breeze. I highly recommend a pair of noise-canceling earmuffs (headphones? I'm never sure what to call them). My son slept soundly through every parade and nighttime show...best $13 we ever spent!!

RMichael21

Congrats! When my aunt had a baby, we took a family trip to WDW about 11 months later. Watching him see all of the attractions and entertainment for the first time was priceless. I would recommend going in September when your little one is older. Also, if you go to MNSSHP, you can dress your little one in a costume and it will be really adorable. :DI hope you have a great trip regardless of when you go.:)

CheshireCat12

I would still go in September. Likely you will not be too big to get around yet, and can still enjoy it. You could rent an ECV if you needed to do less walking. Flying at 5-6 months should not be an issue. I would rather do this than take a new infant in May when it's starting to get hot again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom