Waterfalls in WDW

The Empress Lilly

Pic of the TL Skyway waterfall.

IMG_0275.JPG

What I love is how the angle of the frame and the dimensions of the waterfall correspond with the view behind it, the Contemporary. One architectural ensemble, from TL to the Contemporary to the TTC. So subtle and magnificent.

1972%20WDW%202.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Pic of the TL Skyway waterfall.

IMG_0275.JPG

What I love is how the angle of the frame and the dimensions of the waterfall correspond with the view behind it, the Contemporary. One architectural ensemble, from TL to the Contemporary to the TTC. So subtle and magnificent.

1972%20WDW%202.jpg

Extraordinary. I really appreciate your insight into the "architectural ensemble" from TL, to the Contemporary, to the TTC. I would have never thought to make that connection.

At WDW (and elsewhere), it's interesting how much there is to "see" and yet, only those with a very discerning eye, seem to find the hidden magic. Thank goodness that people with that gift of "sight" share it with the rest of us!! :happy: Thank you.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
The perhaps most impressive waterfall at WDW or at least EPCOT or at very least WS was sadly never built. The planned pavillion of Venezuala in WS featured a miniature version of the highest waterfall of the world and number 1 tourist attraction of the country, Angel Falls. You see it in the background right of the center. It would be interesting to know how the imagineers had planned to build it, if there were special effects included and how high it would have been. In the design drawing it could be anything between 15 ft. if it is rather close to the live band in front of it or up to 40 ft. if is far in the background of the building and part of the pavillions attraction, a rainforest skyway ride. The real falls are 3.212 ft. with a free plunge of 2.648 ft! Perhaps it would have been 32 feet?
Perhaps Marni knows more?
venezuela.jpg

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Waterparks brings us neatly to Lost Disney.

River Country, that innertube ride - high five if you think it was the greatest waterride ever! - had some falls and ended with a waterfall-ish slide:

2772228854_c00a4e98d4_o.jpg

Just across from River Country was the island in the top right of the picture above. The original Discovery Island. Such a paradise! How I loved taking the boat here and dreaming away along its tropical paths:
2771383075_5a9238f1b4_o.jpg

Bonus! Especially for our host, Wasserfall Spike. I've spend an embarrassing amount of my childhood playing in this pool and its slide and falls:

032708220821_bb.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you know any details about the planned Venezuela pavillion with Angel Falls?
Not much, aside that I dare say forced perspective would come into play.

I wouldn't imagine it'd be higher than the one in Living with the Land.

I believe this art is from the 75-77 version of Showcase. The 78+ version is kind of what we know today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom