What did you do?

Mr mom

It has been quite a while since I last ran, mid February I think... Anyway, it is a slow heal as the main injury has very little blood flow to it. I am looking at june or longer before I can get back at it and I will have to take it really slow for a long time. I have set myself on the idea of some serious cross training when the time comes. Biking and swimming too. All I am allowed right now in terms of the legs in a stationary bike for about 10 to 15 minutes a day, or until the pain comes. Today it was 8 minutes, ugh

Kristia

@Mr mom - Knee injuries are the worst...been there...don't want to be there again. Although I didn't have the same injury as you, it was awful. Hang in there. It takes forever to heal but hopefully you will be good to go soon.

bethram

@Mr mom - hang in there, take it easy, and don't push it. Words that I'm sure you're sick of hearing.

5.3 miles this morning dodging cars in their mad dash out of the neighborhood after the bus went through. I'd look forward to my four am runs next week, but they'll be on the treadmill :(

Warrior Dash Georgia tomorrow :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It has been quite a while since I last ran, mid February I think... Anyway, it is a slow heal as the main injury has very little blood flow to it. I am looking at june or longer before I can get back at it and I will have to take it really slow for a long time. I have set myself on the idea of some serious cross training when the time comes. Biking and swimming too. All I am allowed right now in terms of the legs in a stationary bike for about 10 to 15 minutes a day, or until the pain comes. Today it was 8 minutes, ugh
Been there too. Just stay positive.

OG Runner

Relaxed today! I, however, need to deal with a goof-up this weekend. I ran a number of races last year, and signed up, ahead of time for two of them this year. Turns out races that were a couple of weeks apart last year are on the same weekend this year. Running a 5k tomorrow morning and running a 5 miler on Sunday.

Texas84

Relaxed today! I, however, need to deal with a goof-up this weekend. I ran a number of races last year, and signed up, ahead of time for two of them this year. Turns out races that were a couple of weeks apart last year are on the same weekend this year. Running a 5k tomorrow morning and running a 5 miler on Sunday.

No problem! :)

LindsayLoves

Took a week off due to a huge cold (thanks allergies!) and just got back into it yesterday with a slow 5 mile run home. I have missed out on a lot of nice weather the past couple of days and can't wait to join everyone out there enjoying the spring!

JillC LI

8.13 miles on the hilly forest trail I can only do when my hubby accompanies me. He and the kids broke out their bikes for the first time this season and we all enjoyed the near 60° weather. Slower than I wanted but I'm not used to those hills yet so I'll take it. Happy trails everyone!

Kristia

6 miles today. Missed my run on Friday. My knee was acting a little weird after a day of working outside doing a lot of kneeling and bending. I decided to skip it so I could do my long run. We have 10 miler in 3 weeks and I don't want to miss it. Made it through the 6 miles fine. It was a little sore in the beginning but I was able to work it out within the first half mile.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Had a short trail series Saturday. 3/6 mile options that were paid for when registered for the Series (all 7 events over the summer). So, why not show up and work on speed. I chose the 3 mile option since Isabeau was with me and didnt want to leave her for that long at the pavilion at Oak Mtn Park.

Took 3rd place in the 3 mile sprint on yellow trail with a 27:03 finish.

10 miles last night and a crap load of yard work this weekend.

Gym today. Started doing inclined squats to build up strength and flexibility in my patellar tendons. They have really been bothering me after 20+ miles.

bethram

Sculpt 1-2, first time in quite a while that I've actually gotten out of bed on a non-run day. Of course I was a mom sandwich last night and not sleeping the best...

LindsayLoves

Tempo Tuesday - 2.5 mile tempo @ just under 8:00/mile. With warmup and cool down total 5.29 miles. First real speedwork in a few weeks and man it was tough, I need to get back on my strength routine stat so I can get that down to 7:45/miles.

Now to get home before the rain starts falling again...

bethram

4.1 miles on the treadmill this morning, it wasn't as bad as Monday because I was watching one of the newer Disney resort shows from the Destination America channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom