Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Ariel484

Update!!!! So excited!
image.jpg

Ariel484

Apologies for not cutting the Goofy medal out...I got too excited. :D

I'm excited that one side is SSE only...I was disappointed that they re-designed last year's medal (which I DO really like) but I love that this one is a combination of the new design and the classic SSE-only look.

runDisney is really knocking it out of the park with their medals lately.

Last edited:

FerretAfros

Apologies for not cutting the Goofy medal out...I got too excited. :D

I'm excited that one side is SSE only...I was disappointed that they re-designed last year's medal (which I DO really like) but I love that this one is a combination of the new design and the classic SSE-only look.

runDisney is really knocking it out of the park with their medals lately.
I was also disappointed with last year's design. It was my first W&D, and I really liked the old design since it was just so clever and distinctly Epcot-ey. I'm glad that this one will have the option of the SSE side or the Mickey side; I already know which side I'm going to have on the 'outside'!

Ariel484

I was also disappointed with last year's design. It was my first W&D, and I really liked the old design since it was just so clever and distinctly Epcot-ey. I'm glad that this one will have the option of the SSE side or the Mickey side; I already know which side I'm going to have on the 'outside'!
That was my situation, exactly - first Wine & Dine, not expecting them to change the medals until the 5th anniversary...sadness. Totally with you on which side will be visible, especially since the other side doesn't seem to say "half marathon."

So happy with this medal!

Mad Stitch

Has anyone purchased park tickets through runDisney? I was looking at the process and it says you can pick up your tickets at the expo or they can be mailed to you. If I'm staying on property can they be placed onto my magic band?

Ariel484

Has anyone purchased park tickets through runDisney? I was looking at the process and it says you can pick up your tickets at the expo or they can be mailed to you. If I'm staying on property can they be placed onto my magic band?
I haven't since the Magic Bands came out. I'd imagine it would be easier to get the tickets in the mail and then attach them to your account BEFORE arriving on property but I'm not totally sure about that. :confused:

Mad Stitch

I haven't since the Magic Bands came out. I'd imagine it would be easier to get the tickets in the mail and then attach them to your account BEFORE arriving on property but I'm not totally sure about that. :confused:

I would think so also but seeing this is two different Disney business units I can also see them not working together very well.

FerretAfros

While I didn't buy them directly through Disney, I did my Marathon Weekend hotel and ticket reservations through GetTravel (the 'official' rD travel agent) and those were my options. Given that you need to have your ticket in order to make FP+ reservations, I'd highly recommend getting it mailed to you, and then you link it to your MDE account. My tickets arrived about a month before our trip, which was fine at the time, but may not be now that off-site guests can also make reservations in advance

For various reasons, I'm thinking I might just book my trip this year directly through Disney. The cost savings didn't really end up being all that much (tickets were the biggest difference) and it was an additional level of bureaucracy to deal with. YMMV

Texas84

I have on both coasts but that was before MagicBand. They were standard tickets so should work. I mostly had them mailed but picked them up at the DLR expo last year. They had a ticket booth. Just took a second.

Mad Stitch

Thanks guys. I figured I would be able to link them to the MagicBand, but with all this being so new you can never know where a problem may arise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom