Honeymoon June 2014

Mike K

Original Poster
Hey guys, my fiancee and I will be visiting the World for our honeymoon in early June. We're so excited for our big day and can hardly wait to return to WDW. I was just curious, being newlyweds, does Disney ever offer some perks if they are aware that you're on your honeymoon. We've never really known for sure so I figured you guys would be the best to answer this. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Sweet Melissa

They might, but there are no guarantees. Everybody at Disney World is celebrating something, and "perks" are definitely not handed out with regularity. You basically have to be sure that you're celebrating to your hearts' content, and not rely on anyone else to provide the magic.

We had our wedding at Disney World and honeymooned there for two weeks. Sometimes we got congratulations from cast members, and we were given desserts and cards at like two of the restaurants where we had reservations. Others, including some places that are kind of known for bending over backwards to lavish attention on celebrating guests, didn't acknowledge it at all.

Mike K

Original Poster
They might, but there are no guarantees. Everybody at Disney World is celebrating something, and "perks" are definitely not handed out with regularity. You basically have to be sure that you're celebrating to your hearts' content, and not rely on anyone else to provide the magic.

We had our wedding at Disney World and honeymooned there for two weeks. Sometimes we got congratulations from cast members, and we were given desserts and cards at like two of the restaurants where we had reservations. Others, including some places that are kind of known for bending over backwards to lavish attention on celebrating guests, didn't acknowledge it at all.

Thanks for the insight, Melissa! Much appreciated. We certainly weren't expecting freebies but we were always curious on the treatment of newlyweds in the parks. It's nice to hear that you were given desserts and such during your stay, that's really sweet of the cast members. Regardless, we know we'll have a blast like we always do! Thanks again for your help! Coincidentally, I'm marrying a Melissa :p

sissa216

We wore hats and buttons on our honeymoon. We almost always visit the week after our wedding anniversary, and in the past have worn anniversary buttons. We don't do it anymore, simply because we got so much attention! The CMs are great about making you feel special- calling you out, congratulating you, and sometimes giving you complimentary treats. We have received so many free cupcakes and champagne (at table service restaurants), as well as random free cookies, ice cream, etc. We were also given lots of special attention in interactive shows and live entertainment. Of course, none of it is guaranteed, but that is our experience!

MOXOMUMD

Hey guys, my fiancee and I will be visiting the World for our honeymoon in early June. We're so excited for our big day and can hardly wait to return to WDW. I was just curious, being newlyweds, does Disney ever offer some perks if they are aware that you're on your honeymoon. We've never really known for sure so I figured you guys would be the best to answer this. Thanks in advance for any insight!
If at check-in or making reservations a CM asks if you are celebrating anything make sure to tell them. This gives a little heads during your trip. Congratulations!

Disneydreamer23

We got Married In 2011 and Wore the Just Married Buttons and and the hats and I actually had allot of perks at DHS they gave us fast passe for TSMM and free churros at Fantasmic and Free wheezy breezy freezy and cookies. We did get to skip a few lines here and there. We stayed at POP and I did not request a KING bed but my DH is 6'4 and we stayed for 17 days after the first 2 we called and said we were on our Honey moon is there any way we can have a King They were booked SOLID but got us a king bed that night and sent us up a free pizza ! Have a great Disney MOON!

Mike K

Original Poster
Thanks again to everyone that provided their insight on this! We really appreciate the kind words and everyone's tips. We can hardly wait to get back to Disney :)

DisneyPrincess5

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon!
My husband and I went on our honeymoon this past Fall and we didn't get anything super special or helpful discount wise. But we were given some special desserts at table service restaurants, Liberty Tree Tavern gave us a commemorative restaurant mug, and we did wear our buttons as we booked telling them it was our honeymoon.

Enjoy!!!

kasey1988

We just celebrated our disneymoon in September, we wore the buttons and ears, we were treated to free truffles at Boma, cupcake at crystal palace, champagne at Flying Fish, confetti on some tables at sit down meals, lots of congratulations and recognition from cast members and characters. We had a photo pass photographer pull us up into main st while we were waiting for the parade and he did a special photo shoot and pulled other guests up with us, it was really memorable. And a special phone all from mickey and minnie!

On our engagement trip in 2012 we also frequently got desserts at TS locations, free fast pass to toy stories mania, lots of recognition and congrats from cast members, photo pass coupon for 1/2 price prints, card from mickey and the gang, champagne at Le Cellar.

We are also going back this September for our anniversary :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom