Monorail Shut Down

DougK

Original Poster
If this has already been posted please forgive me (I know some of you have a problem with that) but we were just at the TTC and could not board the monorail. They said it was a full system shutdown and we saw about 10 Disney execs coming up the exit ramp as we headed down it. I asked one of them and he said it was "probably a maintenance issue" which of course means nothing without more info.

officeboy

It's 4pm and they are still shut down. 4 trains sitting in ttc and a bunch of starch shirts walking around. A system wide shutdown suggests more than a simple maitn. Issue.

OKWBamaJim

Sad to hear....we had an issue with some flooding back in the 90's that brought them down, back when the "new" trains were coming online. Can't say enough that this famous Disney Icon deserves more.....
Shhhhh, I think I heard Walt roll over in his grave again......

Bama

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I have been able to find out that it is a complete power failure - now word on the cause or a fix time.

Thanks, Steve. I wonder what single point of failure, power or otherwise, can shut down the mighty rails. I hope nobody got hurt.

Single point of failure = not paying the power bill?

But just pure speculation that it would have to be a single rectifier station near the TTC causing a localized power loss on all three beams for one zone. Other locations have power, they just can't advance the trains because the ones in front of them can't move.

It's 4pm and they are still shut down. 4 trains sitting in ttc and a bunch of starch shirts walking around. A system wide shutdown suggests more than a simple maitn. Issue.

Also how do you have 4 trains in the TTC simultaneously?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom