Do you care about Epcot's 25th?

Should Disney celebrate Epcot's 25th?

• Yes.

Votes: 243 89.3%
  • No.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Undecided/Don't care about the matter either way.

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters

SirNim

What totally blows is that the changes they implemented are 30 IQ points dumber than their predecessors.
Succinct...and correct!

Whatever form the festivities take, assuming they take place at all, I'd like to see a motto/tagline that echoes its original advertising slogan:

"The 21st Century Began 25 Years Ago" or "The 21st Century Began October 1, 1982"

That's all I ask! :lookaroun

shoppingnut

I most definitely think they should celebrate it, for goodness sake they celebrate everything else. Mickey changed his shoes, time for a celebration.

CTXRover

I still hope they do something relatively modest for Epcot's 25th. It is the first non-MK style park to reach that milestone, and it deserves to be recognized. It may not get or need a big splashy media/marketing tie-in to be successful.

There are already a number of small changes coming to Epcot over the next year that I see as preparing it for that anniversary. They include finishing the changes at The Seas, updates to Canada's film, American Adventure and Mexico's boat ride, updates to Spaceship Earth (hopefully), among some other little things. All they really need is either a new fireworks show (doubtful now given they are updating the Earth Globe relatively soon with "new technology") or simply just a 25 year tag to the end of the show, some banners, and either a new show or parade to commomerate the occasion.

Also, marking the 25th with special events during The Flower Festival (I see flower beds with "25" spelled out) and The Food and Wine Festival would be enough to specially mark the occasion.

Given how close it is and comments from Brad Rex that there is no big splashy celebration planned, I am losing hope that this will be anything on the level of a big event, but a modest celebration is still something to hope for. The occasion deserves to be noticed, even if an Epcot-centric celebration won't be enough to drive big increases to the overall WDW attendance numbers.

dxwwf3

Excellet post CTX. I would also love to see a new fireworks show but a tag at the end of ROE would be awesome. Imagine fireworks over World Showcase featuring previous music from the parks done classically. That way people who know nothing about the park can still enjoy all the same.

SirNim

(I see flower beds with "25" spelled out)
Here's the logo they'll use:
epcot251sm2.gif

jimmieglen2006

I am one of the few who do not care. i think that epcot is wounderful. some fun rides. i love world showcase. yes i hope to see lots of updates. but not really suprised that they are not going to celebrate the anniversry of one park when they just celebrated a anniversyry at all the parks. i think some people would see it as over kill. there is alot of negitive image at disney in some euyes. i belive they will let it lie and concenrate on giving and making dreams come true.

ZapperZ

Allears.net has an interview with the Vice President of Epcot. He has indicated that there will be NO CELEBRATION planned for Epcot's 25th other than a "private" observance with cast members.

Freaking unbelievable!

No wonder Epcot feels as if it is being neglected - it is run by people like this!

I'm with John Frost of The Disney Blog in this one. Someone should show him the door and find someone with more enthusiasm about his/her job.

Zz.

speck76

Allears.net has an interview with the Vice President of Epcot. He has indicated that there will be NO CELEBRATION planned for Epcot's 25th other than a "private" observance with cast members.

Freaking unbelievable!

No wonder Epcot feels as if it is being neglected - it is run by people like this!

I'm with John Frost of The Disney Blog in this one. Someone should show him the door and find someone with more enthusiasm about his/her job.

Zz.
Epcot has no feelings....it is a park, not a person.

Brad has done a great job with Epcot, developing the park, and developing the special events at the park. Perhaps yourself and those like you need to retain a better grasp on reality and knowledge of the industry before bashing people like Brad Rex.

Shaman

Brad has done a great job with Epcot, developing the park, and developing the special events at the park. Perhaps yourself and those like you need to retain a better grasp on reality and knowledge of the industry before bashing people like Brad Rex.

I agree. In a short timespan we've gotten M:S and Soarin' (and Land refurb), as well as Nemo ride and Turtle talk (and Seas refurb). The events held at Epcot are great and seem to stay fresh. I think Epcot is the strongest of all the parks at WDW right now.

I don't care about a 25th celebration...I just want them to do away with the wand and the "epcot"...:lookaroun :lol:

hokielutz

Who really wants The WAND... to be expanded to say 25th birthday??

To top that off... lets dress up the sphere to make it look like a Pepto Bismol pink cupcake... :hurl: :hurl:

ZapperZ

Epcot has no feelings....it is a park, not a person.

You don't do a "funeral" for the person who has died. You do it for the people that got left behind for closure and to mourn.

You also don't do a celebration of a park's anniversary for the park. That's ridiculous. You do it for the fans and people who have fond memories of that park. By the same token, you could argue that celebrating Disneyland's 50th is also meaningless, because Disneyland has no feelings. You do it for the fans and those who hold dear the memories they have there.

Besides, what economic drawbacks can there be for having even some form of a celebration? I would think it would only draw even MORE people with that kind of publicity. It obviously worked for Disneyland!

I'd say that those two factors ARE the reality based from what we have observed during the past few years. What reality did you based your attack on me?

Zz.

speck76

I'd say that those two factors ARE the reality based from what we have observed during the past few years. What reality did you based your attack on me?

Zz.

:rolleyes:

anyway...what you have observed in the last few years with HCOE was a well orchestrated marketing plan, a large scale investment on capital improvements, and an economy emerging from recession (and the pent-up demand that recessions have always created)....if you think it was ANYTHING other than that, you missed the point.....

One thing you should note (but have chosen to ignore) is that even HCOE ran out of steam at the end.....it was even concluded earlier than planned for WDW.....so.....Why would Disney follow up an anniversary celebration (of the entire concept of a Disney park) that perhaps was not as successful as you believe it was with an anniversary celebration of 1 park.....?

ZapperZ

:rolleyes:

anyway...what you have observed in the last few years with HCOE was a well orchestrated marketing plan, a large scale investment on capital improvements, and an economy emerging from recession (and the pent-up demand that recessions have always created)....if you think it was ANYTHING other than that, you missed the point.....

One thing you should note (but have chosen to ignore) is that even HCOE ran out of steam at the end.....it was even concluded earlier than planned for WDW.....so.....Why would Disney follow up an anniversary celebration (of the entire concept of a Disney park) that perhaps was not as successful as you believe it was with an anniversary celebration of 1 park.....?

And you seem to have read into this as if I asked for a "celebration" of the same GRAND scale. Nowhere in what I've written did I ask for such a thing.

Considering the fact that (i) people do often celebrate the 25 anniversary of something and (ii) the Disneyland's 50th was a huge success, it is inconceivable that Epcot's 25th would get ZERO effort into marking that date. We're not talking about a celebration that drags on for 18 months here. Even I am not that unrealistic. Something for a couple of days would have been quite appropriate.

Considering that Disney "celebrates" something as innocuous as the "National Hug Day" with pins, I don't think the fans are asking something outrageous for a simple commemoration of this event.

Zz.

Shaman

Considering that Disney "celebrates" something as innocuous as the "National Hug Day" with pins, I don't think the fans are asking something outrageous for a simple commemoration of this event.

Zz.

I'm sure they'll have special pins for Epcot's 25th....so...it won't be really ignored...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom