The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a guitar that I bought from Sears 55 years ago. I never could play it very well but I said I will have more time to learn it when I retire. Shortly after I retired I started to have problems with my hands, they tell me from the spinal problems I had, that made my fingers both numb feeling and at the same time overly sensitive so that pressing on the strings caused a whole lot of pain. It was and still is a pretty good guitar considering I only paid $35.00 for it, on sale.

It was one of those bait and switch deals that Sears used to excel in. They advertised it on sale, put it out on display in the store and when I went to buy it they said that they were all sold out and all they had left was the display. I said, well if you aren't going to get anymore and your sold out why not sell me the display. They couldn't do that they said, because it was against the rules to sell the display besides it should come with a case and they didn't have one. I responded well, I don't need a case and I would like to buy that one. After I asked often enough, nicely, I might add, they finally gave in because they frankly had no good excuse. So I took it home. Now comes the shocker, two days later they found the guitar case that went with it and I drove back and picked it up.
When one of my brothers was about 12 years old, he received a Hawaiian steel guitar from my grandparents. It was in storage up their attic for many years, and neither one knew how the heck it got up there. :hilarious:

So for reasons unknown, they decided to go on an expedition in their attic one day, to see what was there. They found the guitar, and remembered my mother mentioning that my bro liked music. So that's how he got the guitar, because they gave it to him. He took lessons for a while. Haven't a clue where the guitar is now. Probably in somebody's attic. :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good Night Cat GIF

wdwfan4ver

When one of my brothers was about 12 years old, he received a Hawaiian steel guitar from my grandparents. It was in storage up their attic for many years, and neither one knew how the heck it got up there. :hilarious:

So for reasons unknown, they decided to go on an expedition in their attic one day, to see what was there. They found the guitar, and remembered my mother mentioning that my bro liked music. So that's how he got the guitar, because they gave it to him. He took lessons for a while. Haven't a clue where the guitar is now. Probably in somebody's attic. :p
At least it is not like what happened to me dad. He thought he still had his amplified guitar in his work area down the basement, but it wasn't there.

He still has his 2 fencing swords and a part of a mannequin.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I believe so.
I know that sometimes when a dog off leash bites someone, the dog is quarantined for specific length of time. Wonder if the owners were charged with negligence (if that was the case), or if they received a fine. (They could potentially get sued, depending upon whatever the circumstances were at the time.)

wdwfan4ver

At least it is not like what happened to me dad. He thought he still had his amplified guitar in his work area down the basement, but it wasn't there.

He still has his 2 fencing swords and a part of a mannequin.
As far as my dad had a guitar, he played guitar as a teen with his friends.

Those 2 fencing swords are real safe. The tips of the swords are protected and have been for decades. Those swords are items that my dad owns since he was 18 or 19 years old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom