Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

PREMiERdrum

Being the film's 30th anniversary this year would be a great time to announce it, if it gets the green go.
Way too early to announce.

This year's WDW-specific junket should focus on announcing:

- Entertainment enhancements coming across WDW
- Formal announcement of Tropical Americas at AK. More specific themes and visuals, though I don't necessarily expect storylines.
- Slightly more realistic Blue Sky presentation for MK (AL expansion and BBTM phase 1 - blurry backgrounds are a lock)
- *Maybe* something about DHS. Unlikely.

doctornick

Interested in seeing how they change/expand that corner of Africa as it's currently a bit of a bottleneck during FOLK shows.

Well, a theater show letting out guests is always going to create a large crowd for a certain period. I feel like most people tend to go from FOTLK to back into the main part of Harambe/Africa - if this ride is built, it may help to spread out the crowds if some of the people go the other direction to this LK ride and on to Pandora. As is, the pathway between Pandora and Africa is usually pretty sparse in terms of crowds so having more folks utilize it would be a good thing.

Disstevefan1

According to @PREMiERdrum, a clone of the Lion King flume ride rumored for "Disney Adventure World" (yikes, I don't even like typing that) could be headed to Animal Kingdom. Thought this deserved its own thread to keep the Tropical Americas thread separate.
A Lion King flume ride coming to AK!!! This is GREAT! 😃 Too bad it will never happen. :(

I love the wording, "being considered" Disney IS CREATIVE with its fake leaks.

Disstevefan1

Still in the blue sky phase?

There’s the other thread about something coming to DHS this year?
These fake rumors happen so often I always consider it WILL NOT happen until I see work happening.

Even when work is happening, I wonder how many cuts will be made to whatever they originally planned to do.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
These fake rumors happen so often I always consider it WILL NOT happen until I see work happening.

Even when work is happening, I wonder how many cuts will be made to whatever they originally planned to do.
debbie.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom