New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Chi84

Premium Member
Because even when heavily loaded with DAS abusers… g+ availability was still there… and the less strain will increase how much LL capacity they can sell. Basically supply will be increased while ‘drag’ on them will be reduced… even if a good number of DAS abusers convert to G+
In other words, real economics.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My answer will shock you but eliminate G+. Go back to Fastpass. I'm not a sympathizer to what DAS abusers are doing but I am sympathetic/empathetic to their wallet. After they've paid an arm and a leg to get in, more for food and drink and now get less, then are forced to give money to G+ (a perk that used free) just to get the most out of the day. I would say that 2/3 of DAS users are moreso rebellious to Disney trying bleed them dry. Seems like DAS spiked right when G+ came out. I honestly believe that many of them have the conditions they claim (and many do not) but never thought to do DAS because Disney used to be more accommodating to them for the cost of their admission. It isn't now.

Let them keep their money. Go to paid fastpasses. Three in advance with the option to buy more.

The fast pass system just worked better than G+. At least for people like me who want to know what to expect

Chi84

Premium Member
My answer will shock you but eliminate G+. Go back to Fastpass. I'm not a sympathizer to what DAS abusers are doing but I am sympathetic/empathetic to their wallet. After they've paid an arm and a leg to get in, more for food and drink and now get less, then are forced to give money to G+ (a perk that used free) just to get the most out of the day. I would say that 2/3 of DAS users are moreso rebellious to Disney trying bleed them dry. Seems like DAS spiked right when G+ came out. I honestly believe that many of them have the conditions they claim (and many do not) but never thought to do DAS because Disney used to be more accommodating to them for the cost of their admission. It isn't now.
That doesn’t shock me at all. What makes you think that suggestion would be shocking? Going back to a free product would certainly take away the incentive to steal it. You should suggest that to Disney on the chance they may not have thought of it.

Last edited:

Vclguy90

Because even when heavily loaded with DAS abusers… g+ availability was still there… and the less strain will increase how much LL capacity they can sell. Basically supply will be increased while ‘drag’ on them will be reduced… even if a good number of DAS abusers convert to G+
If DAS users switch to G+, scarcity will increase along with price. Knowing Disney and it's greed, they will increase the LL capacity to the point to where the system is now. This is real economics. Supply and demand. But again, what is the point of all this when we will be back to the same "strained system" yet paying more.

Vclguy90

That doesn’t shock me at all. What makes you think that suggestion would be shocking? Going back to a free product would certainly take away the incentive to steal it. You should suggest that to Disney on the chance they may not have thought of it.
Thanks that's a great idea! Unfortunately, Disney doesn't truly care about my family, experiences, or opinions just as much as they could care less about yours...

TrojanUSC

Genie+ is Fastpass, though. Just without the ability to pre-book in advance. It's almost exactly what MaxPass used to be at Disneyland.

Disney is undercharging for G+ considering Universal charges $200 for their service.

TrojanUSC

That sounds very elitist for something that used to be free.

Except that Disney was literally the only theme park operator not charging for a line-skipping service, then they came out with one that was the cheapest on the market - with often shorter return queues than their competitors.

Charging more and limiting it to fewer users, will improve everyone's guest experience by making standby lines move faster.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
If DAS users switch to G+, scarcity will increase along with price.

Except in extremes, there isn’t g+ scarcity. And not all DAS losers will switch to g+, as they will have other alternatives too.

Knowing Disney and it's greed, they will increase the LL capacity to the point to where the system is now.

Yeah, they would do all this just to ruin the system they just worked to clear.

‘Evil companies’ blah blah nlah

Last edited:

Florida Man

Genuine question. With all this talk about autism and Disney, I do have to ask: Why are people with autism attracted to Disney? This is just an observation of my own, but I have noticed that a lot of Disney fans could be on the spectrum. And it might not just be Disney, but theme parks in general?

I don’t mean any hate with this question. I am genuinely asking. Some friends of mine have always joked with me that I’m on the spectrum, and I have always loved Disney. So, that’s another reason I’m asking. I can’t even answer the question myself. If anyone has any theories, it would be interesting to hear. I tried Googling the question, but didn’t find much.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes but the people who need to see the third party health assessment people are the people without autism. As far as it seems so far at least.
When you do the video call the CM can call in the 3rd party. So it could be for any condition.

If the CM has reason to doubt what’s being said they can get the 3rd party person to come in to make a final decision.

Trauma

Genuine question. With all this talk about autism and Disney, I do have to ask: Why are people with autism attracted to Disney? This is just an observation of my own, but I have noticed that a lot of Disney fans could be on the spectrum. And it might not just be Disney, but theme parks in general?

I don’t mean any hate with this question. I am genuinely asking. Some friends of mine have always joked with me that I’m on the spectrum, and I have always loved Disney. So, that’s another reason I’m asking. I can’t even answer the question myself. If anyone has any theories, it would be interesting to hear. I tried Googling the question, but didn’t find much.
Well I have no idea about statistics but I would assume people with autism love a great many things just like any other person.

However Disney creates a welcoming environment for them.

Might be a lot more reasons beyond that, but I think a simple explanation would be if you make people feel welcomed, they show up.

Trauma

Genie+ is Fastpass, though. Just without the ability to pre-book in advance. It's almost exactly what MaxPass used to be at Disneyland.

Disney is undercharging for G+ considering Universal charges $200 for their service.
This isn’t a G+ thread but it is ridiculous to compare Disneys and Universals line skip programs, since Universals is far superior in every possible way.

Fido Chuckwagon

You just described DAS. If someone is in line and needs to get out to use the restroom, if they just end up going through the LL, then why not just give them DAS?
Because it wouldn’t be an automatic DAS for every ride. It woudl be “yeah you can get out of line if you need to but you still need to get in line in the first place.” And there would obviously need to be systems in place to detect/deter abuse. At the very least it would stop the kind of soft DAS abuse that happens every time a DAS user uses DAS for a short line that they could otherwise wait in even if they need it for the longer lines. It wouldn’t prevent all abuse but it would certainly be one way to drive it down. Depending on how complex they can make/staff it, then it could be returns to predetermined points based on timing, not just a return to the merge. I’m not stating this is what they are doing, but I am betting that what they are doing isn’t just some chaotic system people are envisioning here where people are constantly leaving line and then pushing their way back to where they were or back to their party.

Splash4eva

I personally think this is another way to make money loosely via DAS giving people “options” who have concerns about lines and “forcing”
Them to purchase Genie. I do purchase Genie along with DAS to me its worth it curious if that will play a factor into how the “decide” who qualifies or not. Bc im sure they have data on hand.

lentesta

Premium Member
If 50-75 percent of Lightning Lane Capacity is going to DAS users (per @lentesta above), and 80-95 percent of overall ride capacity is going to the Lightning Lane, then DAS abuse impacts everyone, quite substantially, including other DAS users. This would mean that 40 percent to 71 percent of a ride’s capacity is being taken up by DAS users. The unknown “x” factor here is how many people are DAS users, but I’m going to go ahead and guess that it’s substantially less than 40 to 71 percent of park goers, probably by an order of magnitude or so.

According to Disney's two numbers, somewhere between 8% and 10% of park-goers have a DAS pass.

Fido Chuckwagon

According to Disney's two numbers, somewhere between 8% and 10% of park-goers have a DAS pass.
So 8 percent to 10 percent of people are using 40 to 70 percent of ride capacity. This actually sounds like a worse situation than what led to the original GAC lawsuit when it was 3 percent of people using 30 percent of capacity. (Feel free to correct my numbers, I’m going off memory about the lawsuit).

lentesta

Premium Member
That 50-75% range is exactly what the ride I work at sees daily, at least when im at the scanning position(just my own observation, we dont have hard numbers available). Pretty cool that you were able to figure this out like this. I don't know what is abuse and is not(frankly, very few ppl are actually qualified to make that determination, none of which are front line CM's), what I can say is I fully believe at least half of the guests in a LL at any given time are using DAS. Which, removed from the abuse conversation, has a huge impact on operations in and of itself. Again, I'm not at all saying I want less ppl being accommodated or anything. Just sharing perspective.

Thank you.

I obviously don't expect anyone to just take my word for it, so the numbers are helpful.

That said, there are people on this board who've seen the relevant internal spreadsheets. So I'm pretty confident in those estimates.

lentesta

Premium Member
Do you have any idea of the percentage of wheelchair and ECV returns for Space Mountain? Since they’re all effectively issued a DAS return if they want to ride, that attraction ironically may just see it’s problem exacerbated by pushing more people to mobility aids.

I don't - the next time we're counting over at Space, I'll ask the team to take a note. We're already counting tour and VIP groups.

Florida Man

It's a shame the abuse of the system has forced Disney's hand. If people would be more honest, and moral, then it wouldn't have had to come to this.
I just don’t think that’s what humans do. I don’t think it’s cynical to think that, but I look at it like a survival mechanism we have— “If something is there for the taking and going to advantage me, then I should do it.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom