News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

denyuntilcaught

It does look to be using the Shanghai tech. Based on the concept art, and if they put as much muster into the DLR expansion as they did Pandora at DAK and Pirates at SDL, this really could be something to write home about.

DavidDL

The artwork is pretty but "could look like" and "Disneyland Resort" don't really tell me much more than I already knew. Sounds like more non-committal Blue Sky talk.

Meanwhile, Epic Universe keeps getting closer and closer. I sure hope they actually confirm something (anything) at D23 this year. That way I can actually begin the inevitably needed grieving/healing process from said announcement(s).

Consumer

Where in TL?
Pretty much anywhere within these red lines would be ok with me.
Tomorrowland.jpg

mickEblu

Pretty much anywhere within these red lines would be ok with me.
View attachment 776822

I’ve gone back and forth through the years on whether I’d want or be ok with seeing Autopia and the Subs sacrificed for something new. Lately I’ve been pretty solid in the “leave it alone” camp. The monorail going over the lagoon and circling around that whole area is classic Disneyland. We’ll never see that layering with attractions again from Disney. These days we get huge lands with zero kinetic energy. Subs/ Autopia is the only place you could realistically put a huge boat ride and that would drastically alter the east side of DL. I guess I’m wondering why you think that would be better than putting this land/ride in the ugly backlot inside the hodge podge that is DCA?

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve gone back and forth through the years on whether I’d want or be ok with seeing Autopia and the Subs sacrificed for something new. Lately I’ve been pretty solid in the “leave it alone” camp. The monorail going over the lagoon and circling around that whole area is classic Disneyland. We’ll never see that layering with attractions again from Disney. These days we huge lands with zero kinetic energy. Subs/ Autopia is the only place you could realistically put a huge boat ride and that would drastically alter the east side of DL. I guess I’m wondering why you think that would be better than putting this land/ride in the ugly backlot inside the hodge podge that is DCA?
This is modern Disney, if they use this space they won’t get rid of the subs, they’ll just retheme them to Pandora, why spend money building new when you can just retheme something old?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom