Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Weather_Lady

As a fan of the Syberia style, I'd be interested in seeing this. When I went to the site, all I could see was an abridged version of the released flyover, then it goes to white. At the bottom there were the Portal concept art stills. Maybe my browser is incompatible or they took what your are describing down. Could you post screengrabs or confirm they're still there and what browser works with the animation. Appreciated.
It works on both my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 running Chrome) and desktop (15-year old Vizio running whatever versions of Windows and Chrome came on it, LOL).

Until I can maybe get some screengrabs, the released concept flyover does have much of the same "footage," just without stops to allow clickthroughs for more details on certain parts:

Last edited:

JT3000

As a fan of the Syberia style, I'd be interested in seeing this. When I went to the site, all I could see was an abridged version of the released flyover, then it goes to white. At the bottom there were the Portal concept art stills. Maybe my browser is incompatible or they took what your are describing down. Could you post screengrabs or confirm they're still there and what browser works with the animation. Appreciated.
It's still there. Works with both Chrome & Microsoft Edge. Looks like this:
euflyover.jpg

Last edited:

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Starfall Racers roller coaster at night in Epic Universe.
1709759621006.png

How To Train Your Dragon roller coaster station at night.1 Dragon wing style netting under track.2 First launch3 Structure under construction for the roller coaster to dive through themed grandstands. Like dragon flights in the movies.
1709759652277.png

Dome construction at top of Helios Grand Hotel, at night.
1709759676466.png

Helios Grand Hotel construction at night. Also in Epic Universe:1 Portal tower of How To Train Your Dragon land (above) 2 Viking statue in the front bay of Dragon land 3 Theming in front of Starfall Racers roller coaster 4 Portal tower of the Harry Potter land (above)
1709759808230.png

Andrew25

Quick question, does anyone know if the put covers over the Yoshi omnimover cars at night? I would imagine there will be a lot of sun fade and water staining here in FL vs CA.
No need to worry, I've noticed most outdoor attraction vehicles in Orlando don't get dirty too much as they usually get cleaned up overnight. The Yoshi's will probably last a long time before any noticeable fading is done.

Considering how valuable the Nintendo partnership is, I'd imagine Universal will do the best it can do to keep the land at the best condition possible. Since opening, rarely have there been any sort of maintenance issues in any of the Potter lands.

Earlie the Pearlie

No need to worry, I've noticed most outdoor attraction vehicles in Orlando don't get dirty too much as they usually get cleaned up overnight. The Yoshi's will probably last a long time before any noticeable fading is done.

Considering how valuable the Nintendo partnership is, I'd imagine Universal will do the best it can do to keep the land at the best condition possible. Since opening, rarely have there been any sort of maintenance issues in any of the Potter lands.
Seuss is, sadly, a different story.

Earlie the Pearlie

Not sure how recently you've been, but they've been doing maintenance in this area for the past few months. Looks perfectly fine now.
Oh good! I haven’t been since last summer, and I remember it being in not great but acceptable shape. I do really like that land, and I’m happy it’s getting some love!

Earlie the Pearlie

With 2 tracks and 20 passenger trains, what's the expected hourly capacity of Starfall Racers?
I believe VC at 4 train ops does about a minute per dispatch on a not great but not terrible day. I think Starfall can actually do four trains per track, which is a max of 160 people on the coaster at any given point. Which comes to about 1200 people per track per hour at 60 second dispatches. Times two tracks, that’s about 2400 heads per hour. As a baseline. If it has really great operations, like 40 second dispatches (difficult, but theoretically possible especially with separate load/unload, I bet it could pump through a solid 4000 per hour.
DISCLAIMER: this is all rough calculations based on rough estimates that could be totally wrong. However given VC’s track record and the insane number of seats on this thing I think that it isn’t too crazy to say that the extended queue will almost never be used.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With 2 tracks and 20 passenger trains, what's the expected hourly capacity of Starfall Racers?
Depends on the rate of launches. And that depends on the longest block on the coaster and how fast they can load a train.

GotG has two loading tracks and can manage launching every 25-30 seconds (ideally). Does each of the dueling tracks also have two loading tracks?

Andrew25

Depends on the rate of launches. And that depends on the longest block on the coaster and how fast they can load a train.

GotG has two loading tracks and can manage launching every 25-30 seconds (ideally). Does each of the dueling tracks also have two loading tracks?
I believe this is built to run 3-4 trains per track.

VelociCoaster aims for 50-sec intervals, so we're look at 1,440 each side... whopping 2,880 riders an hour. We're talking Pirates of the Caribbean level capacity. This will be a walk on most of the day.

This ride's capacity will help offset the poor capacity Donkey Kong will have with its 4-passenger vehicles.

TalkToEthan

A trivial but relevant question to Universal’s expansion of adding another park:

Any bets on preexisting popcorn buckets from IOA and Studios? I hope to fill my bucket at Epic in 2025 but at the refillable price of approx $3.

TalkToEthan

Donkey Kong will probably make Hagrid's queue look amateur lol

Are you saying that word on the street is that Donkey will boast of an exceptionally elaborate and lengthy queue? I hope that is true; I hope that Epic will have at least 3 deluxe queues.
I’m already assuming Potter Paris will have something outrageously elaborate as well as the classic monster attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom