News Ohana reopening July 9th

Vette184

Count me frustrated as well. I have to imagine kielbasa, casserole, etc will be cheaper for them - not that they don’t charge enough to more than profit. Will see if the negative response is anything like last time. There are many other crappy restaurants they can play with if they’re bored (Hey Tony).

Mark48

it’s gonna get nasty around here (more than usual) in the next 6 months...as Disney uses the ramp up to set new guardrails on pricing/expectation...while a lot of the old time customers direct their longing/pent up demand for the product towards them...but then realizing not much has changed and they aren’t Warren Buffett.

the Rubber will meet the road.

and that’s not a conspiracy or criticism directed at Disney...that’s what they should do as a business.

problem is they have a novice ceo who is frankly not qualified and a not too great board.

hopefully we all end up happy...against the odds.
Me no likey Da Chapek

TrojanUSC

'Ohana used to be a sacred tradition for us -- it was always dinner on our last night at WDW, before heading to the MK for fireworks. However, when they jacked up the price so that it was $300 for the four of us with tax and tip, we noped out, and discovered that it wasn't such an inviolable tradition after all.

I was thinking we might try it again in August for old times' sake -- but these "streamlining" changes to the menu (which, frankly, I think we all knew were coming, in line with what they've done to Cape May and Tusker House) would be a deal-breaker even if we had our hearts set on it. The shrimp, noodles and those sticky honey coriander chicken wings (what in tarnation is "crispy soy" anyway!??!) were probably our three favorite items, so without them, it's a no-go. Ah well, when it comes to Disney dining, there are plenty of other fish... er, shrimp... in the sea. :)

The wings are still there?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
it’s gonna get nasty around here (more than usual) in the next 6 months...as Disney uses the ramp up to set new guardrails on pricing/expectation...while a lot of the old time customers direct their longing/pent up demand for the product towards them...but then realizing not much has changed and they aren’t Warren Buffett.

the Rubber will meet the road.

and that’s not a conspiracy or criticism directed at Disney...that’s what they should do as a business.

problem is they have a novice ceo who is frankly not qualified and a not too great board.

hopefully we all end up happy...against the odds.
Oh I certainly wouldn't classify that criticism as conspiracy. As I mentioned, most of the complaints around here are valid, some trivial. Trying to decipher the difference is tough nowadays. You're right in that if they keep things the way they are long term, the rubber will most certainly meet the road, when I don't know.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I certainly wouldn't classify that criticism as conspiracy. As I mentioned, most of the complaints around here are valid, some trivial. Trying to decipher the difference is tough nowadays. You're right in that if they keep things the way they are long term, the rubber will most certainly meet the road, when I don't know.

it’s not that they won’t drive people away...that’s been happening for decades...it’s where do they get the new supply from?

assuming that more people are becoming more wealthy is a statistical lie. So then driving from a mass market to a more niche one is a business risk.

Tesla’s are great...fly off the shelves. Wouldn’t be the case if there was a dealership in every town...also doesn’t work if there are only two on rodeo drive and Greenwich, ct.

Chomama

it’s not that they won’t drive people away...that’s been happening for decades...it’s where do they get the new supply from?

assuming that more people are becoming more wealthy is a statistical lie. So then driving from a mass market to a more niche one is a business risk.

Tesla’s are great...fly off the shelves. Wouldn’t be the case if there was a dealership in every town...also doesn’t work if there are only two on rodeo drive and Greenwich, ct.
Explain this to me like I am slow. Many posters continue to say Disney is getting more and more expensive and trying to appeal to wealthier visitors, as well as boxing out the average American. On the other hand they are doing things like simplifying menus and lowering quality to the point that more discerning clientele won’t be impressed. So which is it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Explain this to me like I am slow. Many posters continue to say Disney is getting more and more expensive and trying to appeal to wealthier visitors, as well as boxing out the average American. On the other hand they are doing things like simplifying menus and lowering quality to the point that more discerning clientele won’t be impressed. So which is it?

its both...which is why it’s a slight business risk to them.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.10.08 PM.png

Weather_Lady

The wings are still there?
You're right. I went by the OP above summarizing the menu, which describes them differently. The menu on the WDW website still lists the honey coriander wings. Either way, the new menu is not of sufficient quality to entice us, so 'Ohana will not receive our custom.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom