TEAM SPACE BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Disney Dad 3000

Team Time Sucks
B&B.jpg

tcool123

Update to the site gave the dining locations each their own tab for a better flow.

Should this be done for the Rocketeer as well for a better flow and less clutter on the 2020's page?

Disney Dad 3000

I have not had a chance to do a menu yet, so if I can, I will.

I was thinking this restaurant might be a good option for a rebrand in the 20's? Maybe change the decor a bit and go for more of that Aviator/Adventurer's club vibe we chatted about @tcool123 ? Especially considering the changes to the pavilion with Soarin and Rocketeer and how Future World was/is changing. Maybe add character dining with Rocketeer, Aviator Mickey/Goofy and Launchpad. Not full scale adventurer's club, but something a little more in that vein and set up?

Aviators Lounge.png

Perched on the 2nd floor of The World Above Pavilion, The Aviator’s Club provides a more complete dining experience compared to the quick service Tastemosphere in the lower level. Harkening back to the 1950’s, the so-called golden age of commercial aviation, the restaurant aims to provide a top to bottom dining experience for guests/travelers making their way around the park.

Guests arriving for lunch are greeted by the club director who will take their name and check in for seating. No membership required here! Cast uniforms are standard for the park, with a bit of pilot influence, especially in the tops. A small lounge area offers a few seats for any patrons that need to wait for a table in the restaurant.
http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_190122174726-05-best-airport-lounges-emirates.jpg
Delilah.jpg

Simulating a high-end airport lounge from the 50’s, the design of the restaurant itself is unique to be sure and a bit of a time capsule. Taking cues from the older art deco style, the space offers mostly clean lines in the floor and wall patterns, save for a few accent pieces to draw guests’ attention hanging from the ceilings and a few aviation related items. Various shades of red and yellow really make the space pop.

Thanks to its location in one of the “wings” of the pavilion on the 2nd floor, the restaurant offers floor to ceiling windows on one side, with portions of the ceiling curved matching the shape of the outer shell of the pavilion. Spaced around the room are various destination travel posters. Many of these are mockups from the World Showcase, with a few specially created ones for various Disney attractions like Tumbleweed with Big Thunder Mountain and Hawaii with the Tropical Serenade. Occasional announcements can be heard announcing departing flights and gate changes to complete the mood, though not enough to be obtrusive to the meal.

Tumbleweed.jpg

With the World Showcase Pavilions already offering a variety of foods from around the world, The Aviator’s Club offers a range of food for a simple palette yet cooked to perfection. Due to the exorbitant cost of airline travel at the time, the food options provided in flight would boggle today’s travelers’ minds. Many of those options at the time, a beef carving station, steak, and lobster all find their way onto the menu. Several alcoholic options ranging from champagne to wine are also available to complement the meal.

tcool123

I have not had a chance to do a menu yet, so if I can, I will.

I was thinking this restaurant might be a good option for a rebrand in the 20's? Maybe change the decor a bit and go for more of that Aviator/Adventurer's club vibe we chatted about @tcool123 ? Especially considering the changes to the pavilion with Soarin and Rocketeer and how Future World was/is changing. Maybe add character dining with Rocketeer, Aviator Mickey/Goofy and Launchpad. Not full scale adventurer's club, but something a little more in that vein and set up?

View attachment 542612
Perched on the 2nd floor of The World Above Pavilion, The Aviator’s Club provides a more complete dining experience compared to the quick service Tastemosphere in the lower level. Harkening back to the 1950’s, the so-called golden age of commercial aviation, the restaurant aims to provide a top to bottom dining experience for guests/travelers making their way around the park.

Guests arriving for lunch are greeted by the club director who will take their name and check in for seating. No membership required here! Cast uniforms are standard for the park, with a bit of pilot influence, especially in the tops. A small lounge area offers a few seats for any patrons that need to wait for a table in the restaurant.
View attachment 542616 View attachment 542617
Simulating a high-end airport lounge from the 50’s, the design of the restaurant itself is unique to be sure and a bit of a time capsule. Taking cues from the older art deco style, the space offers mostly clean lines in the floor and wall patterns, save for a few accent pieces to draw guests’ attention hanging from the ceilings and a few aviation related items. Various shades of red and yellow really make the space pop.

Thanks to its location in one of the “wings” of the pavilion on the 2nd floor, the restaurant offers floor to ceiling windows on one side, with portions of the ceiling curved matching the shape of the outer shell of the pavilion. Spaced around the room are various destination travel posters. Many of these are mockups from the World Showcase, with a few specially created ones for various Disney attractions like Tumbleweed with Big Thunder Mountain and Hawaii with the Tropical Serenade. Occasional announcements can be heard announcing departing flights and gate changes to complete the mood, though not enough to be obtrusive to the meal.

View attachment 542619
With the World Showcase Pavilions already offering a variety of foods from around the world, The Aviator’s Club offers a range of food for a simple palette yet cooked to perfection. Due to the exorbitant cost of airline travel at the time, the food options provided in flight would boggle today’s travelers’ minds. Many of those options at the time, a beef carving station, steak, and lobster all find their way onto the menu. Several alcoholic options ranging from champagne to wine are also available to complement the meal.
Looks great! One thing to note is that in the map it shows as the Aviator's Lounge instead of the Aviator's Club.

The rebrand sounds like a fun idea the only issue with character dining is the Garden Grill in the Land being a character dining location with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

@tcool123 Pavilion descriptions look fantastic!

Going to try to and get the 2020's version done before I leave my dorm for the day

Disney Dad 3000

Looks great! One thing to note is that in the map it shows as the Aviator's Lounge instead of the Aviator's Club.

The rebrand sounds like a fun idea the only issue with character dining is the Garden Grill in the Land being a character dining location with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

Going to try to and get the 2020's version done before I leave my dorm for the day

Ah. Good catch!

I honestly did the logo lounge the first time and then for some reason decided I wanted to change it. I'll put it back instead of changing all those maps. Thanks!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Afternoon Log: 3/26

The World Above Pavilion presented by Boeing

Red = Not on site, not on forum
Yellow = Only on forum/in progress on site/forum
Green = On site​
Opening Day Pavilion:
Miscellaneous:
Updated this for the afternoon. I doubt I’m going to be able to finish the Take Flight theme in time, sadly.

tcool123

Should this be EPCOT Center? With the text filling up that line didn't want to screw up the organization there.

View attachment 542624
Good catch you're right that should be EPCOT Center!

Updated this for the afternoon. I doubt I’m going to be able to finish the Take Flight theme in time, sadly.
Is all good no worries.

Ah. Good catch!

I honestly did the logo lounge the first time and then for some reason decided I wanted to change it. I'll put it back instead of changing all those maps. Thanks!
All good you're welcome :)

Chaos Cat

Aaaaaand complete!

I think we're just waiting on @b-wolf95 now? @b-wolf95 everything good over there, need any help? :)

Maybe a few extra details here and there but yeah we're just missing Runway Gifts
So, um... between helping with "The Sky was the Limit" and putting myself back into the workforce, I haven't had any time to figure out how to approach the shop. The only idea I had is to have it maybe themed to, like, a sort of air delivery service space or something, but I'm not sure if that really jells with the rest of the pavilion.

So, yeah, any help would be nice.

tcool123

So, um... between helping with "The Sky was the Limit" and putting myself back into the workforce, I haven't had any time to figure out how to approach the shop. The only idea I had is to have it maybe themed to, like, a sort of air delivery service space or something, but I'm not sure if that really jells with the rest of the pavilion.

So, yeah, any help would be nice.
I think it would match well given our pavilion is like 80% aviation, 10% weather, 10% the skies and stuff above.

You could pull inspiration from baggage claim areas as well? Pulling in those conveyor belts from that Toy Story 2 segment, but remember Toy Story 2 hasn't been released yet. This is for 1983.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/12/IMG_4043.jpg

Maybe it can be a hangar with pieces of plane parts strewn around the store?

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Aaaaaand complete!

I think we're just waiting on @b-wolf95 now? @b-wolf95 everything good over there, need any help? :)

Maybe a few extra details here and there but yeah we're just missing Runway Gifts
Sounds fantastic! When I get some free time this afternoon I’ll give the site a once-over and make sure everything looks right! In the meantime, if anyone sees anything they’d like to edit, feel free!

I’m planning on posting late afternoon/early evening. Sound good?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom