On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As I mentioned in a past post! IGER...should be FIRED! Bout time!

He isn't in danger of being removed as Executive Chair of the Board of Directors.

At all. Only the Board of Directors can remove him. And to "know" that Iger will be removed, you have to know how a majority of the Board of Trustees feel about Iger.

So, despite people who don't like him wanting it to be true, and fantasizing about it, and using a few insider bits of info they have to convince gullible people that they also know what Disney's Board of Trustees thinks about Iger.... It ain't happening.

There's zero corroborating evidence that it's a possibility.

BigThunderMatt

I personally don’t know anyone who has been laid off, bur I do have friends who are merchandise managers at WDW that are furloughed indefinitely

There's a lot of management bloat at Disney but merchandise is probably one of the areas that could stand to have the most fat trimmed.

WDW Pro

He isn't in danger of being removed as Executive Chair of the Board of Directors.

At all. Only the Board of Directors can remove him. And to "know" that Iger will be removed, you have to know how a majority of the Board of Trustees feel about Iger.

So, despite people who don't like him wanting it to be true, and fantasizing about it, and using a few insider bits of info they have to convince gullible people that they also know what Disney's Board of Trustees thinks about Iger.... It ain't happening.

The actual concern is Iger stepping down, not being removed.

For the 100th time - no politics. Thank you.

At least this time I wasn't posting here, so I can't be part of the vast swath of post deletions.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

That the past, the BoD had asked him to extend his tenure as CEO is a pretty good indication of what they think about him.

Chris767

There's a lot of management bloat at Disney but merchandise is probably one of the areas that could stand to have the most fat trimmed.

My friends that are managers (one does DAK and the other does International) have actually complained to me for some time how short handed they are after cuts a couple years ago, where they had to take on more responsibilities and are unable to focus on quality in merchandise and store experience like they used to. Recently, they’ve told me higher ups just push selling as much as possible verse’s focusing on the guest shopping experience. That shouldn’t surprise anyone here though.

brianstl

That the past, the BoD had asked him to extend his tenure as CEO is a pretty good indication of what they think about him.
How long Iger stays as Executive Chairman depends on how the board feels about Chapek's performance. If they really like and have faith in Chapek, Iger won't be in that position much longer. CEO's don't like working with the former boss looking over their shoulder. Either Chapek is the boss that they have faith in leading the company or he isn't. As long as Iger is around, Chapek isn't the boss. He will be a boss in name only and have people trying to undermine him by going to Iger. The board will have to decide or it will become an issue.

mikejs78

Premium Member
How long Iger stays as Executive Chairman depends on how the board feels about Chapek's performance. If they really like and have faith in Chapek, Iger won't be in that position much longer. CEO's don't like working with the former boss looking over their shoulder. Either Chapek is the boss that they have faith in leading the company or he isn't. As long as Iger is around, Chapek isn't the boss. He will be a boss in name only and have people trying to undermine him by going to Iger. The board will have to decide or it will become an issue.
There's an expiration date though - Dec 31, 2021. That's when Iger said he'd leave. Having him leave beforehand may be bad for the stock given the current situation. If I were on the board, I'd stick to the plan and have Iger stay until end of next year.

MerlinTheGoat

The actual concern is Iger stepping down, not being removed.
Again this isn't an accusatory post towards anyone, but the exact quote used in the OP is that Iger will "soon be tossed on his *** in disgrace". This generally means fired or at least some form of non-voluntary ousting (like how Lasseter was forced to step down due to enormous company and public pressure). The OP also indicates Iger's leave would be caused by a massive public release of stories about how he's a violent serial harasser of staff. Such that it would again turn the company and public against him and cause his removal.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the allegation about Iger being an ******* to staff are completely true. This isn't specific towards Iger, everyday we hear stories across the entire corporate world about how CEOs and other high ranking executives are horrible abusive people (Ubisoft in particular has been in the spotlight for this lately). But a lot of this abuse is successfully kept hidden and there's never any repercussion for the executives who do it (sometimes even when it goes public). So even if it were true about Iger, there's no guarantee it would actually destroy him and his legacy.

UNCgolf

This isn't specific towards Iger, everyday we hear stories across the entire corporate world about how CEOs and other high ranking executives are horrible abusive people (Ubisoft in particular has been in the spotlight for this lately).

As someone who spends a decent amount of time reading/investigating internal emails sent by executives at large corporations to other, slightly lower on the totem pole executives, they almost always come across as terrible people. Of course that's not even close to being enough information to draw conclusions about a person, but they are constantly aggressive, belittling, etc. in ways I would never even think of being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom