Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

ChrisFL

Premium Member
just imagine if they could take this one step further and make it fully controllable "flight". Each rider would probably need their own view screen, but that would be really amazing.

bclane

just imagine if they could take this one step further and make it fully controllable "flight". Each rider would probably need their own view screen, but that would be really amazing.
That would be amazing! Even a where you could turn up the intensity level would be awesome, but fully controllable? EPIC

Edit: lol I didn't know the k.n.o.b was a bad word.

rioriz

I may try bringing black electrical tape next time to black out the sides of the glasses and see if that makes a difference on visibility. Hypothesis is itll enhance the private experience

AEfx

I may try bringing black electrical tape next time to black out the sides of the glasses and see if that makes a difference on visibility. Hypothesis is itll enhance the private experience

This is the deciding factor for me with 3D TV home glasses, so I bet it would work.

If you have good peripheral vision, any light on the sides or anything you can see is totally distracting. Not to mention, reflections in the glasses can also mess with the effect. I finally found good 3D glasses that were wrap-around, and they are fantastic. I really was never in to watching 3D at home after I bought the thing, because the standard ones are like classic "nerd" glasses and don't cover the sides at all. I even did what you said - I used some tape and some black poster board and rigged up the other ones, too.

I'm sure Disney knows this about 3D glasses, but because stupid guests put them on too early they chose the open design.

(I'm thinking of bringing my own next time - not the TV ones, of course, but my own set of polarized that work with other 3D park films, to see how that works - I am pretty sure the technology is the same - @marni1971 ?).

RSoxNo1

A point of note on motion sickness. Flight of Passage did not bother my wife. Certain segments (mainly the larger banshee knocking you out of the air) came close, but she's ridden it 3 times now without issue. She will not ride Star Tours, Simpsons, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man or Transformers.

disneygeek90

A point of note on motion sickness. Flight of Passage did not bother my wife. Certain segments (mainly the larger banshee knocking you out of the air) came close, but she's ridden it 3 times now without issue. She will not ride Star Tours, Simpsons, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man or Transformers.
I'm usually fine on most of these. Rode Simpsons a couple months ago and it was awful. Easily the most nauseating :hungover:

brettf22

Premium Member
His delivery is like he's reading off of cards. He's not naturally awkward. It's completely evident in the way he says, "Uh-Oh" and "Hmm" those aren't "thought out responses," they are involuntary and reactionary...his delivery is as if he is literally reading those words and saying them.

After finally riding FoP, I think part of the issue with the preshow actor's performance stems from the fact that it sounds (to me at least) as if his voice was dubbed. The volume sounds too consistent to be the live recording. So you miss a lot of the atmospheric sounds that make it sound more natural. Plus, when you have to match dubbing with a prerecorded video, the performance can come off as even more stilted.

Maybe @marni1971 can confirm if it was dubbed (or at least give his expert opinion).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After finally riding FoP, I think part of the issue with the preshow actor's performance stems from the fact that it sounds (to me at least) as if his voice was dubbed. The volume sounds too consistent to be the live recording. So you miss a lot of the atmospheric sounds that make it sound more natural. Plus, when you have to match dubbing with a prerecorded video, the performance can come off as even more stilted.

Maybe @marni1971 can confirm if it was dubbed (or at least give his expert opinion).

I don't think it was dubbed. When he turns his head and body to push a button, the sound level drops off.

brettf22

Premium Member
I don't think it was dubbed. When he turns his head and body to push a button, the sound level drops off.

I noticed that too. But that is the only variance in sound level. Several times he gets a little closer and further away, with no discernible drop in level. That one head move would be very obvious to who ever was mixing. The rest of the time the level is extremely consistent.

I've spent a fair amount of time in a recording studio, and can usually pick up on dubbing. I may not be right in this case, but if I am, I think it contributes to the stilted delivery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom