Hurricane Irma

Spike-in-Berlin

Just joking. :). At least everything has been hurricane related..and at least we didn't derail to football, especially with LAKid in the thread ;)

Well we still can do that. :D Actually I am very disappointed that they cancelled the Dolphins game on weekend against the Tampa Bay Bucs due to Irma, because I don't know if they will still show the game on German free tv, they show only 2 games per weekend. :banghead:

The Mom

Premium Member
I am getting tired of the same people having arguments around here. Just. Let. It. Go. You don't have to keep browbeating people to try to make them admit that you are right, nor do you have to have last word. And just because something isn't true in your experience doesn't mean that it isn't true for someone else! Everytime these arguments arise it is the same pattern over and over.

Fair warning - if I keep seeing the same names go by every time, someone will get banned.

I just got power back this morning, then lost it again, and now have it back again.

I weathered this hurricane much better than most, and do not have any flooding (although many in my immediate neighborhood do) so have been fairly comfortable. Many of the houses/apartments that I pass on a daily basis have been destroyed. I'm not in the mood for this bickering - again.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jordanaous

I just got power back this morning, then lost it again, and now have it back again.

I weathered this hurricane much better than most, and do not have any flooding (although many in my immediate neighborhood do) so have been fairly comfortable. Many of the houses/apartments that I pass on a daily basis have been destroyed. I'm not in the mood for this bickering - again.:rolleyes:

So glad to hear you're doing well! It's such a shame that the hurricane had such a devastating impact on your local area, but hopefully things can return to some normality soon. Hopefully the power will stay on for good this time... In my experience I never trust the first time it comes back on.. because it's never truly fixed. Second time, that's usually the charm.

You were extremely prepared for the storm, which is always good! Even if the tracks kept changing and you just didn't know what was going to happen - you showcased your preparedness, and even if the worst had happened, god forbid, at least you had a plan of action!

disneygeek90

Glad to see you made it through as well. I lived in the Southside area of Jax for 2 years, moved to Orlando last June. My friend/former roommate lives near the beach. It seems the beach somehow made it out better than Riverside/Downtown. Has the flooding subsided at all?

The Mom

Premium Member
Glad to see you made it through as well. I lived in the Southside area of Jax for 2 years, moved to Orlando last June. My friend/former roommate lives near the beach. It seems the beach somehow made it out better than Riverside/Downtown. Has the flooding subsided at all?

It is subsiding very slowly in my neighborhood, but not much at all in other areas. Yes, the beach wasn't hit as hard by this one - those living near rivers and streams have been hit hard - inland areas that have never flooded have done so.

JohnD

Original Poster
I am getting tired of the same people having arguments around here. Just. Let. It. Go. You don't have to keep browbeating people to try to make them admit that you are right, nor do you have to have last word. And just because something isn't true in your experience doesn't mean that it isn't true for someone else! Everytime these arguments arise it is the same pattern over and over.

Fair warning - if I keep seeing the same names go by every time, someone will get banned.

Yay, she's back!

JohnD

Original Poster
It is subsiding very slowly in my neighborhood, but not much at all in other areas. Yes, the beach wasn't hit as hard by this one - those living near rivers and streams have been hit hard - inland areas that have never flooded have done so.

You had indicated you were staying in Riverside. After seeing the flooding in Riverside, particularly in Memorial Park, I was wondering how close to all that flooding you were. My parents have been without power about as long as you had been, so I figured that was the primary reason we hadn't heard from you. Checking in on a WDW forum would be low on the priority list.

bclane

Welcome back Mom!

Figgy1

Premium Member

Welcome back, good luck with your power and I hope the flooding subsides very soon.

21stamps

I'm glad to see you back. The images of Jacksonville looked frightening.

The Mom

Premium Member
You had indicated you were staying in Riverside. After seeing the flooding in Riverside, particularly in Memorial Park, I was wondering how close to all that flooding you were. My parents have been without power about as long as you had been, so I figured that was the primary reason we hadn't heard from you. Checking in on a WDW forum would be low on the priority list.

A stone's throw away - but downhill, so I was dry. Seriously, I could walk to all of the flooded areas in Riverside - one was only 170 steps away..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom