working out for Disney

Songbird76

I'm absolutely physically exhausted. I think I'll be sore tomorrow. It was SO windy today....45 to 55 mph winds. I was literally bent over my handlebars and pedaling as hard as I could...it was TOUGH. I saw one poor woman had to step off her bike because she literally just could not get it to move..she walked it. The bike lanes were COVERED in debris....twigs, leaves, etc. At least all the big branches that had blown off the trees had already been moved off to the side. So I biked to the school with the kids, then biked the 20 minutes to my work, then walked 4.5 hours at work, then biked back to the school, picked the kids up, biked back home, walked to the grocery store and home, then took DS to his psychology/therapy by bike and then back to the grocery store to the fish stand, and then back home. So from 8:00 to 5:30, I only sat down for 30 minutes at lunch, 15 minutes at break, and about 45 minutes to an hour at DS's therapy session...and my cracker for some reason says I was active for an hour and 43 minutes. WHAT????

Songbird76

Can you get shirataki noodles over there?
I have no idea what shirataki noodles even are...let me look them up.
Oh yeah! I can get them at the toko, I'm pretty sure. I can get Asian ingredients pretty easily....there are a lot of Tokos here and that's where most Chinese restaurants get their supplies, so they are usually pretty well stocked. It's also a good place to look for some American stuff like Crisco. And it's the BEST place to buy most spices because they sell bulk packages instead of the little tiny shakers, and those bulk bags cost less than one of those shakers. I know I can get like...rice vermicelli and stuff, so I should be able to get shirataki noodles.

93boomer

Premium Member
I'm hoping @93boomer and @epcotisbest are ok and made it through the worst of the storm without any damage.
Yep! Only winds and 4.7 inches of rain. Lots of limbs down. I just picked up 5 wheelbarrows of sticks. There are some good 10-12 foot limbs that will have to be sawed up by hubby.
DH worked outages all day yesterday and still today. Our power stayed on.
My bff lives north of Orlando and she texted today that they are ok and their house is fine. Just no power yet.
Thanks for thinking of us Figgy!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm absolutely physically exhausted. I think I'll be sore tomorrow. It was SO windy today....45 to 55 mph winds. I was literally bent over my handlebars and pedaling as hard as I could...it was TOUGH. I saw one poor woman had to step off her bike because she literally just could not get it to move..she walked it. The bike lanes were COVERED in debris....twigs, leaves, etc. At least all the big branches that had blown off the trees had already been moved off to the side. So I biked to the school with the kids, then biked the 20 minutes to my work, then walked 4.5 hours at work, then biked back to the school, picked the kids up, biked back home, walked to the grocery store and home, then took DS to his psychology/therapy by bike and then back to the grocery store to the fish stand, and then back home. So from 8:00 to 5:30, I only sat down for 30 minutes at lunch, 15 minutes at break, and about 45 minutes to an hour at DS's therapy session...and my cracker for some reason says I was active for an hour and 43 minutes. WHAT????
I think your cracker needs a stern talking to either that or it just can't keep up with you:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have no idea what shirataki noodles even are...let me look them up.
Oh yeah! I can get them at the toko, I'm pretty sure. I can get Asian ingredients pretty easily....there are a lot of Tokos here and that's where most Chinese restaurants get their supplies, so they are usually pretty well stocked. It's also a good place to look for some American stuff like Crisco. And it's the BEST place to buy most spices because they sell bulk packages instead of the little tiny shakers, and those bulk bags cost less than one of those shakers. I know I can get like...rice vermicelli and stuff, so I should be able to get shirataki noodles.
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them because they're almost a free food(almost no calories or carbs:joyfull:) Over here we can get them several ways. 1 traditional with konjac (sp?) root flour, my favorite 2 tofu, not bad and 2nd most common 3 chic pea flour blends ok in a pinch. Make sure to rinse them well or they may smell and taste a bit off. They are just a bit chewier than regular noodles and may take a bit of getting used to. I got a giggle about the spices because I buy them either at Sam's or an Indian market, Wegman's section isn't too bad either. It's also easier to get whole spices by the bag and I like making my own chai blends once the weather cools.

Songbird76

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them because they're almost a free food(almost no calories or carbs:joyfull:) Over here we can get them several ways. 1 traditional with konjac (sp?) root flour, my favorite 2 tofu, not bad and 2nd most common 3 chic pea flour blends ok in a pinch. Make sure to rinse them well or they may smell and taste a bit off. They are just a bit chewier than regular noodles and may take a bit of getting used to. I got a giggle about the spices because I buy them either at Sam's or an Indian market, Wegman's section isn't too bad either. It's also easier to get whole spices by the bag and I like making my own chai blends once the weather cools.
Is there a large Indian population there? We don't really have Indian cuisine here that I've seen. LOTS of Turkish and Moroccan, and quite a bit of Chinese, but those are the largest populations here outside of the native Dutch. So it makes sense that those are also the most popular ethnic food categories. We have a Turkish store just a couple of blocks away and it's a great place to get certain spices as well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there a large Indian population there? We don't really have Indian cuisine here that I've seen. LOTS of Turkish and Moroccan, and quite a bit of Chinese, but those are the largest populations here outside of the native Dutch. So it makes sense that those are also the most popular ethnic food categories. We have a Turkish store just a couple of blocks away and it's a great place to get certain spices as well.
Within 30 minutes there's almost every nationality in the world represented.:joyfull: Food diversity isn't my problem, it's trying to decide what to make:joyfull: or making enough of something for the boys:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning day 2 of 30 days of yoga with Adrienne and a bit of kickboxing this am. It's a bit squishy out so I'm not sure if my group will get out for a walk together:( Tonight's dinner curry with tempeh and veggies with a side of brown basmatti rice. I'm going to fill the rice cooker because my dh likes it with everything:confused:

Songbird76

You may have if you were moving the whole time. 11 km is 6.8 miles:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Oh I totally believe I made that many steps, because yes, I was walking that whole time. That is basically my job...walking back and forth, bending over, picking up an item, scanning it, walking back to my cart, putting it in the cart, walking to the next item. So I am sure I DID walk that...but not in an hour and 45 minutes. I'd have to be RUNNING full out to to that much in an hour and 45 minutes.

epcotisbest

I'm hoping @93boomer and @epcotisbest are ok and made it through the worst of the storm without any damage.

Thank you for your concern. Let's just say things got worse after I posted those photos the other day. Multiple trees down, power out, school's closed the rest of this week. About five of us have been working tirelessly the last couple of days just to clear the trees off the neighborhood roads so we can get in and out. Then there is the limb pickup and leaf blowing. I thought we were coming out OK, then came the tail end of the storm to prove me wrong.
Power is back on and everything will be OK. I still can't really complain after seeing all the damage and lives changed in Florida. We are lucky here compared to there.

storm3.jpg storm.jpg storm2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom