RIP X Atencio

mickEblu

Original Poster
If you think about it, what he created may have had the biggest and longest lasting impact on DL visitors . He wrote "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "Yo Ho." When you think DL you think POTC and HM and what would those attractions be without those songs? Not to mention he voiced my favorite DL park character, the talking skull, as well as the haunting voice that whispers "dead men tell no tales" in the caverns. Out of respect they should turn off that damn Contradicting Davy Jones projection for at least a week or forever- that would be cool with me.

RIP X. Disney Legend and a DL MVP

Curious Constance

If you think about it, what he created may have had the biggest and longest lasting impact on DL visitors . He wrote "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "Yo Ho." When you think DL you think POTC and HM and what would those attractions be without those songs? Not to mention he voiced my favorite DL park character, the talking skull, as well as the haunting voice that whispers "dead men tell no tales" in the caverns. Out of respect they should turn off that damn Contradicting Davy Jones projection for at least a week or forever- that would be cool with me.

RIP X. Disney Legend and a DL MVP

I didn't realize he wrote those songs. Sad :(
The "dead men tell no tales" portion is my absolute favorite portion of any ride at DL. It's magical.
The talking scull is my favorite talking character too! I want a mini one I can keep forever and ever. Have you ever seen anything like that?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

The "dead men tell no tales" portion is my absolute favorite portion of any ride at DL. It's magical.
The talking scull is my favorite talking character too! I want a mini one I can keep forever and ever. Have you ever seen anything like that?
Every time I float past the talking skull, I think, "man, that would be awesome to have above my front door."

mickEblu

Original Poster

Yeah the "dead men tells no tales" voice has such an other worldly sound to it. As far as mood setting goes, I don't think anything beats POTC, from the bayou through the caverns with Xs voice and into the ship battle scene.

For the 50th anniversary they made a replica that I have seen listed on eBay for about $500-$600. To be honest it looks a little cheapy to me. IMO they don't offer enough merch with the talking skull. Even a mini replica or something. Definitely a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
IMG_7929.jpg

Actually @Curious Constance they are not as bad as I remember but still not worth $500 IMO. I wonder what the orginal sale price was.

George Lucas on a Bench

Playful spooks have interrupted our tour. Please remain seated in your...Doom Buggy. We will proceed in just a moment.
We have been unavoidably detained by pranky spirits. Kindly remain seated in your Doom Buggy, please. We will continue our tour momentarily.
Playful spooks have interrupted our tour. Please remain seated in your...Doom Buggy. We will proceed in just a moment.
We have been unavoidably detained by pranky spirits. Kindly remain seated in your Doom Buggy, please. We will continue our tour momentarily.

mickEblu

Original Poster

That's not X is it? BTW that is super annoying. Seems that you can get through one ride through the Mansion without that happening at least twice.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Who is still alive from the original imagineers that worked on DL with Walt for the first 14 or so years? Bob Gurr and Rolly Crump?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom