The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Whole county. Seminole and the others lifted at 11 am but not orange county
That makes no sense. Maybe too many trees and power lines down. Hubby did power line work after a tornado, the worst outbreak on May 3 many years ago. It's easy to get electrocuted from water and downed power lines out of your area. Up to a mile or two away. That is caused by a tree falling out of this area into a hot power line, into a cold power line (no electricity) and then the cold line becomes hot immediately without anyone seeing; in all the tangle of trees and water.

betty rose

We had free reign of our Resort all day, it was just the Curfew kept us from resort hopping until then. We were restless. We did the monorail hop resorts after six. Felt good to be sprung. Sometime after 6pm and 10 the big pool opened. We just are not a kick back and relax at a resort when at WDW. 2 days in a row was a bit much for us, understood but was bored.
Thanks for sharing your mono rail hop. I'm vacationing from my arm chair. Still another bad air quality day...

MySmallWorldof4

I loved cauliflower and broccoli too. But only raw, my Mom cooked the death out of those vegetables, along with green beans with bacon .
Try roasting them. Yum!:hungry:
Out for me at the moment....I've had two attempted cyber attacks today. As I understand it...North Korea is behind this. Be aware....
Can you elaborate when you get a chance?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That makes no sense. Maybe too many trees and power lines down. Hubby did power line work after a tornado, the worst outbreak on May 3 many years ago. It's easy to get electrocuted from water and downed power lines out of your area. Up to a mile or two away. That is caused by a tree falling out of this area into a hot power line, into a cold power line (no electricity) and then the cold line becomes hot immediately without anyone seeing; in all the tangle of trees and water.

The 43 square miles are pretty much untouched. A couple resorts got hit more than most. Ours was very slow to figure out how to even blow the leaves off the sidewalks while others seemed to have a better plan but I can't complain, I was just bored by day 2 and the sun was out and Bay Lake and 7 Sea's were calm.

Both AK Safari and AKL and their DVC got hit hard with trees. Don't know when they'll fix all that. The Lodge will need new trees brought in for the resort Safari area. I've seen pictures of AK Park Safari and it isn't pretty. The path from Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness took a hard hit. It is forest that isn't overly maintained on each side of the road/path. There are mainly forest areas that are a mess but are not impacting guests very much. The monorail resorts are in good shape too. Disney couldn't be clairvoyant but they really made their call too soon to close when they did...This is my 3rd Hurricane vacation but this Hurricane did trick many with its path. I can't fault Disney. That is why I wasn't too concerned about safety here. There response for their guests was far better for guest services and food was substantially better than it was for Mathew last fall and there wasn't the price gouging of last fall. Kudos for that. Weird little outages of power but all and all the power stayed on throughout Disney. Blessed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom