Ft.wilderness closure

ELG13

Original Poster
Does anyone know what exactly they are cleaning up? I've read trees and landscape and I assume they are checking the integrity of cabins but just wondering if anyone knows what's going on there? We are scheduled to check in on 9/30. We we're stressed for the last few weeks watching the storm and I was hopeful we made it through.
Also, anyone know how they are deciding what rooms they relocate people to? We picked the cabins for the kitchen and the space for 5 people.

ELG13

Original Poster
My guess is that you will be OK for the 30th. I'm not aware of any structural issues, but they need more time and landscape cleanup.
That was my optimistic outlook as well. I know Disney doesn't play around with closures so I figured it would probably be a round the clock operation. If they can convert the whole place from Halloween to Christmas in a few hours I figured this would be easy for them (hopefully...please!!!!)

JeremyI

Our Hoop De Doo reservations for Saturday were just cancelled. I was told that the resort would be closed through at least Sunday.

yedliW

One of the click-bait sites that posts Disney 'news' showed up on my FB feed tonight saying that the campgrounds are permanently closing due to the $1m+ damage.. the article was 1 sentence long and said 'stay tuned for more info'.. and there are no sources cited.. there couldn't be any truth to that, could there be?

ELG13

Original Poster
One of the click-bait sites that posts Disney 'news' showed up on my FB feed tonight saying that the campgrounds are permanently closing due to the $1m+ damage.. the article was 1 sentence long and said 'stay tuned for more info'.. and there are no sources cited.. there couldn't be any truth to that, could there be?
I hope not!! I feel like they would have done a large scale informative post...that place is booked 18m out...they would have to let a lot of people know. I wish someone who is there would be able to tell us what it looks like!

yedliW

I did some poking around, and didn't see anything else to support it.. seems that something that big would have more than some no-name fan site reporting it..

asianway

I can't imagine what would cause a million in damage shy of the restaurants collapsing.
@WDW1974 @marni1971 shpuld we be worried?

ELG13

Original Poster
I can't imagine what would cause a million in damage shy of the restaurants collapsing.
@WDW1974 @marni1971 shpuld we be worried?
Everything I have read from legitimate sources just talks about lots of tree and landscape damage....Having been through several large hurricanes here I can say cutting and clearing them takes time but it's one I'm sure Disney will make quick work of.

ELG13

Original Poster
Just heard on another wdw forum that Monday is possible for reopening. They said that WAS the day but I'm saying possible since it's just chatter on a forum right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom