Trip Insurance for a DVC rental

DiH

Original Poster
I am very much interested in renting DVC points but am concerned about the no cancellation policy. Has anyone ever bought trip insurance for the points and if so, which company did you use. Thanks!

Weather_Lady

We typically purchase it -- and as @helenabear mentioned, we generally use Travelguard. (Also, don't hesitate to call Travelguard if you have questions -- I've had to on a couple of occasions, and have found their customer service reps to be friendly and knowledgeable.)

DiH

Original Poster
We typically purchase it -- and as @helenabear mentioned, we generally use Travelguard. (Also, don't hesitate to call Travelguard if you have questions -- I've had to on a couple of occasions, and have found their customer service reps to be friendly and knowledgeable.)
Perfect. Thank you so much!

correcaminos

Good to know! I have only heard of them and never used them myself. Our credit card comes with travel insurance for the items see purchase with it so we've never looked elsewhere

Weather_Lady

Good to know! I have only heard of them and never used them myself. Our credit card comes with travel insurance for the items see purchase with it so we've never looked elsewhere

That's great (and something the OP should also check before purchasing insurance). I recently made the mistake of adding a rental car accident insurance rider to a travel insurance policy, only to realize later that my credit card already included coverage for damage to rental vehicles. I was only "out" $12, but still -- lesson learned!

correcaminos

That's great (and something the OP should also check before purchasing insurance). I recently made the mistake of adding a rental car accident insurance rider to a travel insurance policy, only to realize later that my credit card already included coverage for damage to rental vehicles. I was only "out" $12, but still -- lesson learned!
Definitely something to look into with each method of payment and such. I know my credit card covers accident insurance with rental cars. Fortunately I book through Costco and they make you add it in person at pick up. We do select your own car often so it's easy to avoid.

Our credit card also gives refunds on air purchases so we do that. I'm unsure of park tickets being APs though, but sometimes you have to 'gamble' a little :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom