Hurricane Irma

21stamps

Listen, I live in Florida and was impacted by the storm so I don't need your lecture about that. Nobody is trying to turn helping people into something ugly, but if you can't see the issues with certain methods then I think that's sad...

I'm glad to see that you are one of the lucky ones with internet access, hopefully power, water, a home still standing, a job to go to, and being able to find out if your loved ones are safe... and hopefully you live in a county that will let you in.

My thoughts and prayers are with Florida, and I hope to see a speedy recovery for the entire state.

21stamps

If anyone has friends or fam visiting or living in PBC/Broward/Dade..
Everyone is asked to stay off the roads so the emergency crews can do their thing. Pass it on if you can.

Uncle Lupe

Well @wdwmagic your twitter is being used in a CNN article.
Capture+_2017-09-11-18-15-45.png

worldfanatic

Okay!! Sounds like my flight’s still go!! DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!!
My flight's Thursday.
It almost feels like the trip was just planned, because a few days ago I was thinking Irma had a good chance to cancel/delay my trip.
But under the circumstances, I won't get too excited until the wheels on my plane touch down at MCO.

I love your enthusiasm though!!
Hope things go smooth.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is beyond my comprehension why the "news and weather" people seem to think it is necessary to stand out in the floodwaters or out in high winds. Sheer stupidity......
I will not be surprised when I see one of them decapitated on live tv by storm debris one of these days.

They do it because people watch. It's all about getting viewers.

andysol

Quick dining update for Monday Night:

The Wave switched yesterday to a buffet. We did Cali grill last night so didn't get to do this. Cali grill was great. But why oh why didn't I do this yesterday also?

Food was great.
The kicker? $15/adult. $8/child. Drinks included and still offering AP/DVC discount.

The managers- Jill w/ F&B and Oliver at the Wave were extraordinary. Eric at the front desk may have been the standout. Mim, the GM of The Contemporary and the staff is hands down the best resort during this storm. I travel for a living. I've stayed at every deluxe. I'm DVC. Never have I had this good of service.

And now, the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.

IMG_4180.jpg
IMG_4181.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg

The bottom line- they've learned their lesson from last year and came back and outdid themselves.

Last edited:

Alice a

Video from Twitter showing the flooding in Charleston, SC -

https://t.co/lSVhLYZrsT

Awful

We got more water than Matthew last year or the October 2015 floods. I live downtown in an ailing 150+ year-old house on historically high ground, but we are an island surrounded by floodwaters.

There is a stalled minivan floating in the street 4 houses down. Try riding out even a tropical storm in a clapboard house built 9 years before the civil war. The house is currently shaking like its in a quake, but at least its hopefully making the termites uncomfortable!

mousehockey37

It's blurry (from a video on twitter).. but I had to post this in the main thread..

LOOK!!!! 4 Key Deer were spotted!!!!
Let's hope that more survived as well! :)
At least a little bit of good news coming out of there!

View attachment 228689

https://twitter.com/suttacbsmiami/status/907259579427377157

Unlike humans, animals have an uncanny response to surviving natural disasters. I'm not saying every animal survived, but it's always eye opening when you see how humans act so stupidly and die yet the animals find a way to carry on.

21stamps

Unlike humans, animals have an uncanny response to surviving natural disasters. I'm not saying every animal survived, but it's always eye opening when you see how humans act so stupidly and die yet the animals find a way to carry on.

Like the people on the boats. I don't believe any survived. Especially not after seeing photos today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom