Journey into Imagination - Martins Complete Ultimate Tribute

Po'Rich

Thanks Mergatroid for posting and Martin for creating. I had never seen the original Journey to Imagination, and at times I couldn't understand the love some people have for Dreamfinder and Figment. Now I want to see parts 2 & 3, so I can understand how Epcot went from this wonderful experience to the annoying ride it is today.

trainplane3

Thanks Mergatroid for posting and Martin for creating. I had never seen the original Journey to Imagination, and at times I couldn't understand the love some people have for Dreamfinder and Figment. Now I want to see parts 2 & 3, so I can understand how Epcot went from this wonderful experience to the annoying ride it is today.
Just wait till part 2. I'm not sure if you ever rode Imagination V2, but man if you didn't, prepare for a shock. V3 was a quick fix to straighten out the biggest issue of V2. Even then it wasn't that great of a fix. But somehow what we have now (V3), it is much better.

Po'Rich

Just wait till part 2. I'm not sure if you ever rode Imagination V2, but man if you didn't, prepare for a shock. V3 was a quick fix to straighten out the biggest issue of V2. Even then it wasn't that great of a fix. But somehow what we have now (V3), it is much better.
All I've seen is version 3. I am definitely frightened by the thought that anything (short of Stitch) could be "much" worse.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
This video is actually the first time I was able to watch Magic Journeys in one sitting, and I liked it quite a bit. Wonder if it could come back to the parks today and be popular.

This was great work as always, Martin~

trainplane3

All I've seen is version 3. I am definitely frightened by the thought that anything (short of Stitch) could be "much" worse.
Stitch is bad and dare I say, V2 was almost as bad as Stitch. The only thing preventing that is it doesn't lock you into a seat and then blast chili dog smell in your face and...uhh...I think that's it. Maybe it was worse, since Disney did a emergency refurb on it after barely 2 years.

You can only imagine being a kid and doing the original. Then coming back right after V2 opened and to see it missing Figment and the imagination part. I was crushed, my parents were pure sour over it. I remember them exclaiming to a cast member that the ride was "terrible" and "how could they ruin it?!". They knew it wasn't the CM's fault, but I'm sure it added to complaints somewhere.

trainplane3

Oh, @marni1971 ! I wanted to say thanks for the great video. I'm also glad you got Ron to record his voice for this. I'm guessing here, but he seems to still love doing DF related stuff. It sounds like he misses the character in some of the interviews he's done. It's great to have someone that still enjoys something they've done so long ago.

I've always felt Imagination is like Epcots POTC, BTM, and SM. Where there should be minor changes over time but nothing that should wreck the ride. Obviously that last part hasn't held true and that's just a shame. I'm a broken record here, but lets hope management makes the right call here. If not, I hope for another V2 complaint spree. They'll figure it out one day.

TwilightZone

I loved the video martin! I haven't been this invested in the original ride in years! I've been more concerned with replacements and how in the world jiyi became such an awful ride as of late. In an unrelated note Magic Journey's soundtrack is still my favorite epcot and maybe even disney parks in general soundtrack and the imageworks both pre and post renovation is the best the pavilion ever had. Disney take notes!

brb1006

The current musical steps at the Image Works downstairs is inferior to the original one as seen in Martin's updated version. Hearing all the noise going on in the dark sounds more appealing instead of the new one with lights and is smaller and more dare I say "Babyish"?

brb1006

Oh, @marni1971 ! I wanted to say thanks for the great video. I'm also glad you got Ron to record his voice for this. I'm guessing here, but he seems to still love doing DF related stuff. It sounds like he misses the character in some of the interviews he's done. It's great to have someone that still enjoys something they've done so long ago.

I've always felt Imagination is like Epcots POTC, BTM, and SM. Where there should be minor changes over time but nothing that should wreck the ride. Obviously that last part hasn't held true and that's just a shame. I'm a broken record here, but lets hope management makes the right call here. If not, I hope for another V2 complaint spree. They'll figure it out one day.
Oh he still does, and be sure to read his book from Dreamer to Dreamfinder.

Po'Rich

So, I'll show my ignorance: why not just bring back the original? Is there something that has happened to the track or structure that prohibits this? Were there issues with the original that they were trying to solve? It would seem like WDW's 50th or Epcot's 40th would be a great time to display a little nostalgia by bringing back a classic. Just watching the video, I think this would be a great ride even today.

mergatroid

Original Poster
So, I'll show my ignorance: why not just bring back the original? Is there something that has happened to the track or structure that prohibits this? Were there issues with the original that they were trying to solve? It would seem like WDW's 50th or Epcot's 40th would be a great time to display a little nostalgia by bringing back a classic. Just watching the video, I think this would be a great ride even today.

If I recall correctly they had a turntable type mechanism for one of the scenes which was constantly creating problems and was very hard to maintain.

Go to the 10 minute mark on this and it was this part

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As you'll see in Martin's follow-on videos, they actually took part of the space in which the carousel ran and turned it into the load zone. That architecture, sadly, is gone forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom