News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I'm guessing Inside Out or Coco "manor."
But what they should really do- Nightmare Before Christmas manor. The ride system would work great with the IP. It's a proven IP. And it would get NBC out of the Mansion.
NBC would be great, getting it out of HM, but it would totally stick out between Pixar Pier and Carsland. I just hope they don't decide to clone Rat...again.

Also, I'm imagining an actual NBC attraction...would the gift shop be a Hot Topic?

mickEblu

NBC would be great, getting it out of HM, but it would totally stick out between Pixar Pier and Carsland. I just hope they don't decide to clone Rat...again.

Also, I'm imagining an actual NBC attraction...would the gift shop be a Hot Topic?

Between Carsland and PP? I thought the rumor was that would go between GSS and Some expansion pad.

It may stick out, but it doesn't have to. It could be completely discreet like the HM. But I know one thing for sure, no matter what they do it won't stick out as much as GOTG:MB.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Between Carsland and PP? I thought the rumor was that would go between GSS and Some expansion pad.

It may stick out, but it doesn't have to. It could be completely discreet like the HM. But I know one thing for sure, no matter what they do it won't stick out as much as GOTG:MB.
I may have gotten the placement wrong (I was more interested in the prospect of having Mystic Manor in the states), but he was talking DCA for sure.

Really curious to know more info on the Marvel land debacle...cause it sounds like we're gonna be stuck with that sore thumb for quite some time.

Stevek

So what's going on with Goofys Sky school? Are they secretly beginning its transition to Pixar?
I thought that area was supposed to remain untouched by Pixar. I couldn't believe the amount of rust on the large blue wall between GSS and the dining area. I'm guessing it's just the annual refurb...time to spruce it up and get rid of that faded paint.

Phroobar

New concept art!!!

pixar-pier.jpg

SSG

New concept art!!!

pixar-pier.jpg
Pretty close! Last Saturday at the 10k they had the Monster University logo shining on the Fun Wheel

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Having a scare-tastic time at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneylandHalf?src=hash">#DisneylandHalf</a> 10K! <a href="https://t.co/MW0ajUjfWe">pic.twitter.com/MW0ajUjfWe</a></p>&mdash; runDisney (@runDisney) <a href="https://twitter.com/runDisney/status/903960960066404352">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mickEblu

I thought that area was supposed to remain untouched by Pixar. I couldn't believe the amount of rust on the large blue wall between GSS and the dining area. I'm guessing it's just the annual refurb...time to spruce it up and get rid of that faded paint.

Ya thats rumor for the short term anyway. Long term I think a Pixar dark ride is going over there.

Hmm I've never noticed that wall. I'm rarely in that corner of the park.

lazyboy97o

THEN he proceeded to shell out a rumor that I have never heard an ounce of anywhere...in that it would be possible for a clone of Mystic Manor to go somewhere between Screamin and Carsland (I think that's what he said). I'd take that as purely blue sky rumor at this point...but what if??
He said it is what he wants, not that it is being explored. It was Armchair Imagineering.

Ismael Flores

So, the other day I listened to a micechat podcast purely out of curiosity, and Dusty touched on this project a lot and seemed intent that they're going to change the fun wheel to something Pixar related.

THEN he proceeded to shell out a rumor that I have never heard an ounce of anywhere...in that it would be possible for a clone of Mystic Manor to go somewhere between Screamin and Carsland (I think that's what he said). I'd take that as purely blue sky rumor at this point...but what if??

I just don't see where they would find the room for a mystic manor style ride between Screamin and Carsland.
I could see them making room on the west side of the Pier with queue inside western helix and show building behind Screamin

George Lucas on a Bench

The "Goofy" ride is another crummy overlay. Frankly, the old version was better because it was so junky and tacky. It's like an extension of Superstar Limo. The waiting line was literally a plain hallway with a bunch of road signs on the walls. Test Track built in someone's back yard? But stripping out the tackiness and putting Goofy on billboards doesn't make it a better ride. Now, it's still not presentable, but it's trying to pass itself off as something better. I see right through it.

alias8703

The "Goofy" ride is another crummy overlay. Frankly, the old version was better because it was so junky and tacky. It's like an extension of Superstar Limo. The waiting line was literally a plain hallway with a bunch of road signs on the walls. Test Track built in someone's back yard? But stripping out the tackiness and putting Goofy on billboards doesn't make it a better ride. Now, it's still not presentable, but it's trying to pass itself off as something better. I see right through it.

It's a "fun enough" ride... for Six Flags but it's certainly not up to Disneys Standards. I'd love to see them remove this and the restaurant to it's left and use that Corner for a Mystic Manor type attraction! Then they can use the old maliboomer area as the queue for whatever major Pixar E-Ticket they put in that big backstage area behind screaming.

mickEblu

After the castle, the Paradise Pier skyline seems to be the second most photographed spot at the resort (just take a look at Reddit on any given day) so it'll be "interesting" to see how they go about these changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom