working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good afternoon. Yesterday or should I say last night was not fun!!! I was up past midnight with a sick dh(worse than kids). So I got up and did 2 miles just so the blood was flowing enough to get the boys out and grab a nap. I somehow managed to do day 25 YWT. I'm going to finish it no matter what seeing I'm so close to the end. Thank goodness for salad and left overs tonight.:joyfull: BTW the PITA seems to be fine now.

I seem to get hit sicknesses more frequently than my husband does. LOL He usually isolates himself when he gets ill. I've always had a sub-standard immune system. :hungover::hilarious:

Sans Souci

It is hard to look cool at SeaWorld in the rain wearing a tourist hat, Disney shirt and kids pink poncho. A kind family gave this to me as they were leaving one rainy evening, noticing I did not exactly fit under my wife's umbrella, and I could not disappoint the little girl who handed it to me. I put it on and thanked her for her generosity. It does not matter how silly I looked, that made her happy.

View attachment 227457

Aww, this is so sweet. :)

epcotisbest

A few pics from yesterday. I used no sugar, cooked everything from scratch and my dh took all the credit because he fired up the smoker and spent over half the time manning it:cautious:View attachment 226393 View attachment 226394 View attachment 226395 View attachment 226396 View attachment 226397 The plate was James' first one. I had salad, veggie burger and steamed okra with a dash or 3 of siracha
I love it. Looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing the food pics! All of that looks great. I truly enjoy grilling, as you know, and it looks like you have a grill master at your house. Nice.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I seem to get hit sicknesses more frequently than my husband does. LOL He usually isolates himself when he gets ill. I've always had a sub-standard immune system. :hungover::hilarious:
{{HUGS}} from a nice safe distance. I think my dh just had a bit of allergy problem because he seemed to clear quickly with an antihistamine. The problem with him is he works nights so when he's home he's not quiet:mad::mad::mad::mad:

epcotisbest

I had a craving his evening that I should have just ignored, but decided to act upon it anyway. For some reason, out of the blue at about 9 p.m. I started thinking about a grilled cheese sandwich. Just a couple of slices of bread, some Dukes, a slice of Kraft singles, sauteed in butter in my Grannie's old cast iron skillet. It was good and brought back memories of a simpler time. No real reason to take a photo or post said photo here, yet I did anyway.

grilled cheese.jpg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had a craving his evening that I should have just ignored, but decided to act upon it anyway. For some reason, out of the blue at about 9 p.m. I started thinking about a grilled cheese sandwich. Just a couple of slices of bread, some Dukes, a slice of Kraft singles, sauteed in butter in my Grannie's old cast iron skillet. It was good and brought back memories of a simpler time. No real reason to take a photo or post said photo here, yet I did anyway.

View attachment 227788
Interesting choice for this week's cheat meal. I never heard of mayo on a grilled cheese. Is that a southern thing?

epcotisbest

Interesting choice for this week's cheat meal. I never heard of mayo on a grilled cheese. Is that a southern thing?
I don't know that it is a southern thing but rather a me thing. It is a sandwich, therefor it never occurred to me to NOT put mayo on it.
Fresh apples will be coming in season soon, then I will make a grilled cheese with thinly sliced, fresh apples on it...yummy.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I only worked out one day this week, but I did go walking everyday. It gets difficult to workout when I have house guests.

My husband, son and MIL have left for Ocean City without saying good bye. I think there was a mix up, because I was blow drying my hair when they left. Or it could have had something to do that I walked away twice from conversations where my mother in law decided what I was saying was not important and began talking over me. It's been going on all week and I am reaching critical mass. It irritates me, because I was talking to my husband about ingredients I needed to make waffles. She started talking and when my husband didn't look/respond, she started saying, "Ian, Ian, Ian..." until he did. So, I walked away. Then I was talking to my husband about my upcoming cruise and again I opened my mouth. She looks at me and starts talking over me. So, I went to my room for the night and watched TV for a bit. I went down stairs this morning and I said, "Hi" to her, she looked at me and went back to her magazine.

It's really frustrating me. This has been going on for years and I used to say, "Excuse me. I am not done talking." It was useless! She doesn't care. LOL But it does get under my skin. I feel like she is absolutely not interested in what I have to say, yet I am expected to sit rapt while she tells the same story for the 3rd time this week. It feels a bit demoralizing. I don't think that she likes that I am walking away, but telling her I am trying to speak does not work.

My flight was cancelled yet again. I am thinking this trip isn't going to happen. I did rebook, but I think I am going to end up cancelling, unless we can extend the hotel reservation. It is what it is. It was a bonus trip and all our schedules aligned. I was able to find low airfare. Hopefully, we can all catch up somewhere else soon. I hadn't seen some of them for a couple of years.

There is a Michaels a couple of miles away from my house. I need some piping bags, I think I'll walk there in a bit. :)

Thanks for letting me vent. <3

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I only worked out one day this week, but I did go walking everyday. It gets difficult to workout when I have house guests.

My husband, son and MIL have left for Ocean City without saying good bye. I think there was a mix up, because I was blow drying my hair when they left. Or it could have had something to do that I walked away twice from conversations where my mother in law decided what I was saying was not important and began talking over me. It's been going on all week and I am reaching critical mass. It irritates me, because I was talking to my husband about ingredients I needed to make waffles. She started talking and when my husband didn't look/respond, she started saying, "Ian, Ian, Ian..." until he did. So, I walked away. Then I was talking to my husband about my upcoming cruise and again I opened my mouth. She looks at me and starts talking over me. So, I went to my room for the night and watched TV for a bit. I went down stairs this morning and I said, "Hi" to her, she looked at me and went back to her magazine.

It's really frustrating me. This has been going on for years and I used to say, "Excuse me. I am not done talking." It was useless! She doesn't care. LOL But it does get under my skin. I feel like she is absolutely not interested in what I have to say, yet I am expected to sit rapt while she tells the same story for the 3rd time this week. It feels a bit demoralizing. I don't think that she likes that I am walking away, but telling her I am trying to speak does not work.

My flight was cancelled yet again. I am thinking this trip isn't going to happen. I did rebook, but I think I am going to end up cancelling, unless we can extend the hotel reservation. It is what it is. It was a bonus trip and all our schedules aligned. I was able to find low airfare. Hopefully, we can all catch up somewhere else soon. I hadn't seen some of them for a couple of years.

There is a Michaels a couple of miles away from my house. I need some piping bags, I think I'll walk there in a bit. :)

{{{HUGS}}}}} and vent away. I hope you have the Michael's app on your phone for the coupons. I never pay over 60% there,ever:inlove: I'm so jelly you can walk to a craft store. Then again maybe it's better it takes a bit of effort to get to one, even with coupons and sales I can do some serious damage to my wallet:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

epcotisbest

My wife made stuffed bread today and I thought it was worth sharing.
A bought roll of dough, shaped in to a sorta thin loaf, layered with provolone, diced spatch chicken, caramelized onions, bbq sauce and cream cheese then rolled up and slits cut in the top. Not sure how long she baked it or what temp, but it came out very good.
Very tasty, though I did top my serving (or two) with some Try Me Tiger Sauce for a little extra kick.

stuffed bread.jpg

stuffed bread2.jpg

Songbird76

Hello-

That drives me nuts...people talking over me. My MIL does that, too, though it sounds like your MIL does it on purpose where mine just isn't paying attention enough to realize that I was talking. Doing it on purpose makes it worse...it's almost like she's telling you to shut up. What does your husband do about it? He should be telling his mother to hold her horses. I guess you at least have a break from her today?
And I'm sorry about your trip. Didn't you say you had rescheduled for Tuesday? And where were you flying to? I see Irma's path has changed slightly, going a bit to the west, so maybe Orlando won't be hit as hard? I hope you can still go! It sounds like you need it! When does MIL leave?

Songbird76

{{{HUGS}}}}} and vent away. I hope you have the Michael's app on your phone for the coupons. I never pay over 60% there,ever:inlove: I'm so jelly you can walk to a craft store. Then again maybe it's better it takes a bit of effort to get to one, even with coupons and sales I can do some serious damage to my wallet:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
BUT, if you had to walk there, you'd also have to carry all the purchases all the way home. If you do that much damage to your wallet, that's a LOT of schlepping!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom