A Question About Disney Pins from the early 2000's.

disney1023

Original Poster
Hello! I just received a pin from the year 2000, and I was wondering what Disney use for pin backs back at that time. Where they the rubber Mickey's we have now, or where they some other type? A response would be greatly appreciated!

trainplane3

I believe they were metal backs at that time. They were not the rubber Mickeys they use now.
I was going through my old 2000/pre 2000 pins a couple weeks ago. A lot of them had a rubber back but they were just plain circles, not Mickey shaped. I think sometime in the late 90s they switched from metal backs to rubber ones. Not sure though, I'm not a pin pro regardless of how many I own.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Depends, Some were the metal clips that you squeezed to release, some were round elastomer, The Mickey Heads were definitely after 2001 at least for the pin's I have I have a LOT of Disney pins (all bought at Disney) but I am by no means an expert on pins.

disney1023

Original Poster
Depends, Some were the metal clips that you squeezed to release, some were round elastomer, The Mickey Heads were definitely after 2001 at least for the pin's I have I have a LOT of Disney pins (all bought at Disney) but I am by no means an expert on pins.
Ah, ok. You see, I'm no pin expert either, but I just wanted to know so I could figure out how to sell some of the older pins I had and what back I should use.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ah, ok. You see, I'm no pin expert either, but I just wanted to know so I could figure out how to sell some of the older pins I had and what back I should use.

I use the Pinpics website as thats the best source of authoritative info about disney pins. I collect a lot of Si and Am stuff because ive been enslaved by Siamese cats since i was a child

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom