Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Starting to get nervous about Irma. How are you and @imahistorygeek doing in GA?

I have never had to deal with any natural disasters other than an few tornado scares that never actually touched down. Hope all is well where you are and stays that way.

We're good, thanks! We are situated in the north mountains so we probably wont experience much more than some rain and wind.

Im still trying to secure some quality Geogia craft IPA for J to try but my first choice, Omaha brewing, may not happen due to a low production run. I need to source a backup in case the growler shop cant come through on Thursday.

Otherwise, work has been kicking my tail so much Ive lost focus on our countdown!!! Just over a week to go!!! I actually feel ridiculously under prepared for this trip...

Last edited:

Trisha Lynn

Just over a week to go!!! I actually feel ridiculously under prepared for this trip...

I am feeling much the same way, especially since we went to the Minnesota Zoo last weekend to see how I fare with an ECV in a crowded park and I think I'm going to do okay. And this weekend, I'm going to knit with my group in a cabin in the woods; therefore, I really only have like 5 actual full days to be fretting about my vacation and not working. Here's hoping the next storms miss both of us!

Zipadeelady

We're good, thanks! We are situated in the north mountains so we probably wont experience much more than some rain and wind.

Im still trying to secure some quality Geogia craft IPA for J to try but my first choice, Omaha brewing, may not happen due to a low production run. I need to source a backup in case the growler shop cant come through on Thursday.

Otherwise, work has been kicking my tail so much Ive lost focus on our countdown!!! Just over a week to go!!! I actually feel ridiculously under prepared for this trip...
J did some checking on Omaha and said it has a great ranking, what ever that means. But banana beer.? :depressed:

imahistorygeek

Starting to get nervous about Irma. How are you and @imahistorygeek doing in GA?

I have never had to deal with any natural disasters other than an few tornado scares that never actually touched down. Hope all is well where you are and stays that way.

I read somewhere (and it's from the internet, so its validity is questionable) that Georgia has not had a category 3 hurricane make landfall since 1898. I teach online college-level history and my south Georgia students are being evacuated from their universities if they are on-campus students. For our location, I think we will have wind, rain, and possibly tornadoes.

MeeskaMooska0714

It's starting to get real!!!
View attachment 226021
This is great! Your trip reports are probably the only ones that I can get my husband to relate to due to the beer references. I had to buy him a bottle of Golden Monkey for Christmas, and only found it in one place in town (ON CLEARANCE!). He loved it! We live in Beer City USA, so it's nice to try something every once in awhile that isn't local. Keep bringing on the recommendations!

Zipadeelady

I read somewhere (and it's from the internet, so its validity is questionable) that Georgia has not had a category 3 hurricane make landfall since 1898. I teach online college-level history and my south Georgia students are being evacuated from their universities if they are on-campus students. For our location, I think we will have wind, rain, and possibly tornadoes.
Wow, all these weather issues going on right now are crazy, I hope you all stay safe.

I love bananas, but hate anything with a banana flavor. Companies just can't get the flavor quite right. I've had beer with other fruit flavors and for the most part, I don't care for them.
J loves to try all different kinds of beer even the fruity ones but he does draw the line on banana flavor. He would be much happier if I would share his love of beer but I just can't acquire the taste. He'll hand me his beer every time he's trying a new one to see if i'll like it, I'm starting to think he does it just to see the faces I make.:depressed:

imahistorygeek

Irma is finally out of our area. We have no power, but we were prepared. Trees and roadway debris are a main issue. We leave for WDW on Saturday, so I'm hoping the rest of the week will run smoothly. We've decided to stay at a hotel just a couple of minutes from the airport in ATL instead of getting up around 3 am to leave for our flight. If you read our last TR, you'll know I'm a nervous nelly when it comes to flying, so I've been re-reading SOAR (mentioned in last TR if you're interested), mainly the nuts and bolts of flying because the more I know, the more calm I experience during a flight. The anticipatory anxiety is getting me a little, but now that I've ridden in a car with a new 15-year-old driver, I'm less nervous about the flight itself! :D

We're scheduled to arrive in MCO by 8:25 am, so we pretty much have the whole day at Disney. We haven't decided whether we will hit the parks or the quiet pool at Poly. If you've never eat at that particular pool bar, you should. The fish tacos are great!

We're in the beginning stages of packing, which makes it even more real. Friday will be here before we know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom