Best Places for Breakfast and Dinner?

faceinajar

Original Poster
Hey! I'm taking my friends who have never been to Disney World before and I really want to help them get the full experience! I haven't been in a long time so I want to see what you guys think. We want to do at least one breakfast and one dinner reservation. What are the best places to go?

Any tips and ideas are welcome!

NiarrNDisney

Can't help you with breakfast since its really not my thing though I do enjoy brunch but thats another thread.

Anyway here are some of my favorite places for dinner that are great for groups and memorable in general: (some of these may also be great for breakfast too *)

Biergarten (Epcot)
blueZoo (Dolphin)
Garden Grill (Epcot) *
Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR) *
House of Blues (DS)
Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Mama Melrose's (DHS)
Raglan Road (DS)
Sanaa (AKL-KV) *
Trattoria al Forno (BWR) *
Wave (CR) *

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

Our favorite breakfast places are Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe and the Captain's Grille. For dinner we enjoy many restaurants including any of the signature restaurants. I would recommend looking at the menus here and on "allearsnet.com" and decide what sound most appealing to you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
For a first trip I think the best breakfast is Crystal Palace and best dinner is Tusker House. Crystal Palace is a buffet character meal with Pooh and friends, stuffed french toast plus many other breakfast items and TH is a buffet character meal(Safari Mickey and friends) that has food for both the most adventurous and the pickiest of eaters. Both are quintessential Disney experiences with good food. With luck you can get a ROL dining package for TH so you don't have to fp it.

aw14

For breakfast we have enjoyed 1900 park faire and Chef Mickeys, both buffet/character experiences.

Our dinner favorites are a long litany of great restaurants
  • 'Ohana
  • Boma
  • Rose and Crown
  • Sanaa
  • Chefs de France
  • Garden Grill
  • Wave
  • Raglan Road
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Skipper Canteen
  • 50's Primetime

dreamfinder

You really asked a loaded question. Best places why? And what do you consider to be the full experience? For some people, that would be a character meal while others would want the most unique food or theme. Do you want to eat in park or out of park? How many people? How old? What budget range?

Best dinner? Victoria and Albert's hand down. But its pricey, and is more a great dinner and less a typical Disney experience.
Most "Disney" meal? Any character dining. But you don't go to those for the food, but rather for the characters.
Solid well rounded meals with good food and a unique feel? Anything at AKL (Boma, Sanaa or Jiko) or Skippers Canteen.

Hockey89

You really asked a loaded question. Best places why? And what do you consider to be the full experience? For some people, that would be a character meal while others would want the most unique food or theme. Do you want to eat in park or out of park? How many people? How old? What budget range?

Best dinner? Victoria and Albert's hand down. But its pricey, and is more a great dinner and less a typical Disney experience.
Most "Disney" meal? Any character dining. But you don't go to those for the food, but rather for the characters.
Solid well rounded meals with good food and a unique feel? Anything at AKL (Boma, Sanaa or Jiko) or Skippers Canteen.
It's like asking for a place in NYC and not giving any guidance on what you want lol./

faceinajar

Original Poster

I know a lot about the restaurants in Disney World but I haven't been in a long time so I'm just curious as to what people's favorites are. Any kind of dinning at any price! Thanks for the list!

faceinajar

Original Poster
I'll add this to the discussion: looking at restaurants in the parks, any kind of experience, any price.

Another question for the discussion: I have heard mixed reviews about Be Our Guest. What do you think? Worth it or no? What did you like and not like about it?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'll add this to the discussion: looking at restaurants in the parks, any kind of experience, any price.

Another question for the discussion: I have heard mixed reviews about Be Our Guest. What do you think? Worth it or no? What did you like and not like about it?
BOG for lunch is a must do for the food and experience, dinner has been hit or miss. On the upside lunch is considered quick service but does require an ADR

DisneyPrincess5

We've eaten at BOG twice for dinner and we loved it both times. We ate in the main dining room, once near the door and once near the snowy windows, had great meals and great service both times. We love the environment too.

WDW Dad 23

Our (especially the kids) favorite breakfasts have always been Crystal Palace and Tusker House. Dinner can be a little more tricky, but we have always enjoyed Narcossee's, California Grill, and Yachtsmen Steakhouse. For something a little less expensive I think I would go with Yak and Yeti and Via Napoli. While it wasn't specifically asked, my favorite place's for lunch are the Plaza and Beaches and Cream

Megbutnotmegan

For breakfast we always go to Kona Café. Cat go wrong with the Tonga Toast or the Macademia Nut pancakes! Plus the French pressed Kona coffe, Lilikoi juice and cheesy scrambled eggs.
I completely agree with this! My mom and I ate there every morning of our last 3 night trip. We had it booked the first morning and literally changed all our other reservations to keep going back. She also loved the fruit plate and asked for the muffin instead of the danish. I want some lilikoi juice now!

dreamfinder

It's a decent restaurant in a park otherwise lacking in good choices. Not necessarily up to the hype/demand the ADR's get, but not bad at all. Getting ADRs can be really hard, but if you do dinner the food is good, and you can meet the Beast, so you get a bit of both worlds.

larandtra

Such a broad question without knowing with kids/without, want characters or not, ambience/experience over food quality or other way around, etc. Are you staying on property and can get around easily?
Breakfast: Kona is top priority and a must do on every trip we make.
Dinner: Many have mentioned these but for the " Disney experience": Whispering Canyon, Be Our Guest ( Lunch Only), Skipper Canteen, Tusker House, 50S Prime Time, Beaches and Cream, Ohana, Land Grille, San Angel.
For the food: Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Jiko, Narcoosees, Cali Grille, La Hacienda, Via Napoli or Tutto Italia, Boathouse, Raglan Road, Boma, Artist Point.
For adults Lounges: Nomad, Sams, Jock Lindsey, Geyser Point, River Roost ( and you get Bob), HBD Lounge, Raglan Road, Rose & Crown, Tutto Gusto.

slipperalwaysfits

Agreed, it's a tough question without knowing exactly what you're looking for. But Tusker House, Crystal Palace are great buffet breakfasts, with lots of variety. Especially if you book Tusker House early enough, you can grab the Rivers of Light Dining Package, which guarantees you a seat at ROL. Even if you choose not to do the Fantasmic dining with Mama Melrose, Mama Melrose's is a wonderful place to eat! If you get a chance, Beaches and Cream is a wonderful place to get a treat. You don't need a reservation for their ice cream, there's a walk-up line.

correcaminos

We don't do breakfast pretty much ever. Maybe if a short trip and we don't get groceries, but even then not sit downs. So I cannot comment on that.

Places we like to return to

Sanaa
Spice Road Table
Skipper Canteen
Grand Floridian Café
Captain's Grille (changing *very* soon)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom