Play Stay Dine Watch 2018

vicbomb5

Hey everyone,
Figured I would start a thread for a Play, Stay, Dine 2018 promotion watch - it should be coming at some point over the next few weeks!

I have our trip booked for 2/3 - 2/12, hoping for a nice discount like I got last year.

We can use this thread to share info / rumors as they come out!

-Vic

SweetPea

Yep...me too. Patiently waiting...not! LOL Looking at Jan. 27-Feb. 3. If I book now, can I update/apply discount online through My Disney Experience, or will I need to call?

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Yep...me too. Patiently waiting...not! LOL Looking at Jan. 27-Feb. 3. If I book now, can I update/apply discount online through My Disney Experience, or will I need to call?

Always use a travel agent. It costs you nothing and they do the hard work. When a deal is released, it's not uncommon for people to spend hours on hold waiting to talk to someone. Let your agent do that for you.

Technically, you generally don't update a reservation to get a deal. It is considered a new booking. Booking now will secure your dates and location, but there's no guarantee a discount will be available for the dates & location you've chosen.

Upvote 0

mitchk

From what I'm guessing, it will be released the end of Sept, or early Oct..... if at all, but my money in on yes.... from the almost 2nd week in January till at least the start of March...

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for the Play, Stay, Dine discount as well. We were set for a visit Sept 11th-18th but the hurricane put an end to our vacation and free dining. I rebooked for Jan 30th-Feb 6th. I've never been to WDW in the winter!

Upvote 0

Vic23

I'm waiting for the Play, Stay, Dine discount as well. We were set for a visit Sept 11th-18th but the hurricane put an end to our vacation and free dining. I rebooked for Jan 30th-Feb 6th. I've never been to WDW in the winter!

Sorry to hear this but happy to see you re-booked! The winter is my personal favorite time of the year to go, been there in February over a dozen times, you will love it!

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear this but happy to see you re-booked! The winter is my personal favorite time of the year to go, been there in February over a dozen times, you will love it!

You'll never go back to summer visits ; )

I'm looking forward to the more moderate temperatures. Gives me an excuse to buy some Disney hoodies. I'm assuming it rains a lot less too!
Are the Play Stay Dine offers as scarce as free dining? I had to book the free dining discount right when it became available.

Upvote 0

ElleJay1119

I also just canceled our trip for 9/10-9/15. We lost free dining too. Super bummed, but starting to plan again. Looking at either week of 2/25 or 3/3. How do the discounts work in winter?

Upvote 0

Gelatoni

Hey...do they sent the code in an email...I have the Chase Disney Premier Card and don't remember getting a code last year.
it will be sent to the email you get your statements too. that last email i got from them was "
Disney Rewards: Save on a Cruise through Europe with Adventures by Disney®" did you get that? check you spam folder

Upvote 0

Gelatoni

I'm looking forward to the more moderate temperatures. Gives me an excuse to buy some Disney hoodies. I'm assuming it rains a lot less too!
Are the Play Stay Dine offers as scarce as free dining? I had to book the free dining discount right when it became available.
It rains a bit less but it's hit or miss we've had rain free weeks and soaked ones XD invest rain ponchos always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vic23

I would not say they are as scarce as free dining, I've never had an issue getting the discount. Even as our trip got closer last year availability with teh discount opened up in Coronado Springs and a few other moderate resorts as well.

At the very minimum you will end up with a nicer room at what you are paying now more likely than not. Just be ready the day it goes live to get the call in or keep watching after as room changes always create more availability.

I would think with Toy Story opening in the summer, there will be people waiting for that to go to WDW, so I'm hoping it works in all of our favor.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom