Tomorrowland Transit Authority refurbishment

Cmdr_Crimson

They seriously need to consider placing that Wall-E AA in one of the scenes, have it roll around in one of the scenes and greet guests passing by. I could see it going in where the final north building scene is now.

The part that needs it the most is the Buzz/Monsters sections Using digital screen seeing Mike Wazowski open a Laugh Floor Door to tell you to visit him would be nice to see and some ads of the starring monsters for the attraction..
mike-otra-vez-aca-sufriendo.jpg

doctornick

Would they consider extending the track and have the Peoplemover go through the new Tron showbuilding? Just hang a left a little before the entrance to Space Mt and then circle back. Not sure if they would spend the money but it would be cool.
Interesting.

It's a shame they won't be extending the line into the Tron building itself, that really would be superb, particularly riding at night.

Others will surely correct me if I am wrong, but the ride as is is not fully ADA compliant. That's okay, however, as it is grandfathered in and okay to continue to operate. It can be refurbished and updated without losing its grandfathered status, but if they were to substantially change the attraction -- and I would guess adding track to go out to Tron would fit this -- then it would involve changing a lot of the ride to be in compliance with ADA.

This is allegedly the problem with DL's version and why it never reopened. Since it was last used for Rocket Rods, going to a peoplemover ride again would be considered a new change and cost far more money than anyone thinks its worth and so the track just sits there unused.

Perhaps this is just an urban myth though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Others will surely correct me if I am wrong, but the ride as is is not fully ADA compliant. That's okay, however, as it is grandfathered in and okay to continue to operate. It can be refurbished and updated without losing its grandfathered status, but if they were to substantially change the attraction -- and I would guess adding track to go out to Tron would fit this -- then it would involve changing a lot of the ride to be in compliance with ADA.

This is allegedly the problem with DL's version and why it never reopened. Since it was last used for Rocket Rods, going to a peoplemover ride again would be considered a new change and cost far more money than anyone thinks its worth and so the track just sits there unused.

Perhaps this is just an urban myth though.
I'm no expert but I thought the ADA rules would only be a problem if they made alterations to the load/unload area. For instance you can completely change the theme or the look of a ride or the ride vehicle itself without losing your "grandfathered" status as long as the load/unload area remains the same.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It shouldn't be as intrusive as that was.

Plus it's not Disneyland.

So the TTA won't become a movie IP dumping ground/garbage pile? That's always good to hear!

Of course, I'm of the opinion that nothing can out-do the ORAC-1 version of the WEDWay PeopleMover, so I'm a bit biased. ;) I did very much enjoy the 1994 version of the TTA, so it's not as if I don't like anything after ORAC-1. But this current version and narration is about as putrid as it gets. Bland, soul-less, and thoroughly boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom