Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

JT3000

I don't know if it'll be the scariest house, but Dead Waters looks gorgeous (in a horrific way) from what I've seen. Easily the one I'm looking forward to most. All of the originals have potential, but Hive could be a wild card, as it's apparently a fairly late replacement for The Conjuring. Regardless, I'm hoping they all deliver, because the IP lineup doesn't exactly have me thrilled.

raven

I don't know if it'll be the scariest house, but Dead Waters looks gorgeous (in a horrific way) from what I've seen. Easily the one I'm looking forward to most. All of the originals have potential, but Hive could be a wild card, as it's apparently a fairly late replacement for The Conjuring. Regardless, I'm hoping they all deliver, because the IP lineup doesn't exactly have me thrilled.
The Conjuring pull-out also effected HHN Hollywood (which my best friend is a scare actor for this year). They ended up doubling that house to match the same theme as the scare tram.

I knew about most of the themes for the original houses but didn't know the exact names of them until yesterday. Got my new schedule yesterday for the starting week of HHN but don't know my exact House assignment yet (I should find out Monday). But at least I figured out the house location! Hopefully they will release the official map soon.

JT3000

The Conjuring pull-out also effected HHN Hollywood (which my best friend is a scare actor for this year). They ended up doubling that house to match the same theme as the scare tram.

I knew about most of the themes for the original houses but didn't know the exact names of them until yesterday. Got my new schedule yesterday for the starting week of HHN but don't know my exact House assignment yet (I should find out Monday). But at least I figured out the house location! Hopefully they will release the official map soon.

I'm pretty sure these are the locations:

SS 21 - AHS
SS 22 - The Shining
SS 24 - Fallen & Dark Waters
Shrek - Saw
MIB tent - Blumhouse
Sprung 1 - Scarecrow
Sprung 2 - Hive
Parade - Evil Dead

raven

I'm pretty sure these are the locations:

SS 21 - AHS
SS 22 - The Shining
SS 24 - Fallen & Dark Waters
Shrek - Saw
MIB tent - Blumhouse
Sprung 1 - Scarecrow
Sprung 2 - Hive
Parade - Evil Dead
If that's the case then I know what house I'll be in. But can't verify until my next day there.

neoshinok

I'll be working in the "Ash vs. Evil Dead" house if anyone wants to pop in and brave the chainsaw. :D

I can't wait to hear how it goes! What was the audition process like? Have you gone in for costume and makeup tests? Do they do dry runs with team leaders walking thru the house with actors in place? How are the shifts managed? I have too many questions!

raven

Team Member Preview night was a hit! They still have a lot to do before opening on Friday though due to keeping things anchored down due to Irma. A few glitches here and there in a couple of the houses but that was the purpose of the technical rehearsal last night.

The house I'm in (Ash vs. Evil Dead) is a lot of fun. Rock music plays throughout and lots of fights and gags like the series. I was able to get off about 45 minutes before the preview ended and did 3 other houses. Blumhouse was very scenic but didn't scare me. Hive was absolutely intriguing and had me staring at the actors the most (some of them had to completely shave all of their hair off). Scarecrow: The Reaping was by far the scariest of the 3 houses I did. Lots of things hanging in your way, lots of scares around every corner.

culturenthrills

Well, they have decided to try and reign in the drinking at HHN. The tent bars are only serving the premixed drinks, beer and wine. The shot girls were dismissed and even the advertised "heart shot" was pulled. This allegedly all happened at the last minute and came from Bill Davis.

raven

Well, they have decided to try and reign in the drinking at HHN. The tent bars are only serving the premixed drinks, beer and wine. The shot girls were dismissed and even the advertised "heart shot" was pulled. This allegedly all happened at the last minute and came from Bill Davis.
They didn't hire shot girls this year but you can still buy IV drink bags at certain locations. They are honing in on those specialty drinks because they make bank on them. They told us at Orientation that alcohol sales during HHN is their biggest money maker. Universal Hollywood just started alcohol sales this year for HHN and are already seeing its income potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom