Favorite Universal Hotel

What is your favorite on site Universal Hotel?

• Hard Rock Hotel

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Portofino Bay

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Royal Pacific

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Cabana Bay

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Sapphire Falls

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

captainkidd

Original Poster
Haven't seen one of these here in a while.

My vote was for Hard Rock. In all fairness, I've only stayed at Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, but have spent time over at Portofino. I love the vibe at Royal Pacific. Very serene and relaxing. But Hard Rock takes the cake for me due to proximity, slightly larger rooms, more food choices I prefer, better pool area, and just the overall vibe of the hotel. It's elegant, but relaxing. Fun, exciting, and cool.

nerdboyrockstar

I've stayed at them all and this is an extremely difficult question. It used to be Royal Pacific, hands down, but Cabana Bay quickly became my fave. I just absolutely love the vibe and the amenities. And this was BEFORE you had views of a volcano from the pool area and a water park was walking distance.

sophie_the_pooh

Haven't seen one of these here in a while.

My vote was for Hard Rock. In all fairness, I've only stayed at Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, but have spent time over at Portofino. I love the vibe at Royal Pacific. Very serene and relaxing. But Hard Rock takes the cake for me due to proximity, slightly larger rooms, more food choices I prefer, better pool area, and just the overall vibe of the hotel. It's elegant, but relaxing. Fun, exciting, and cool.

Would you recommend Hard Rock or Royal Pacific for a family of 3 (me, my husband and my 6 years old son)? I'm hesitating between these 2 hotels for our August 2018 trip, currently leaning towards Royal Pacific which seems more family-oriented.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Would you recommend Hard Rock or Royal Pacific for a family of 3 (me, my husband and my 6 years old son)? I'm hesitating between these 2 hotels for our August 2018 trip, currently leaning towards Royal Pacific which seems more family-oriented.

You can't go wrong with either. I actually find Hard Rock to be better for families. The pool area is great for kids. Also has a water slide which the RP doesn't. Rooms are also about 40 square feet bigger. Emack and Bolios is great as well. I prefer RP for breakfast. It's really personal preference. Peaceful and serene or exciting and fun.

thomas998

Cabana Bay... not the flashiest but I'm not planning on staying in the hotel so all I need is a comfortable room and easy access to the parks.... Only complaint is after Volcano Bay opened the prices of the rooms seem to have gone up.

ThemeParkJunkee

I have stayed at all three of the Premier hotels but not Sapphire or Cabana. Of those three, Portofino is the only one I seem to to go back to. Royal Pacific is lovely. HRH has a great vibe but Portofino reminds me of my one and only trip to Italy.

Disneyhead'71

We're local APs and with the AP discount I go to Portofino at least once a year for 3 days all by myself. Get a Spa Treatment. Sit by the harbor eating a cheese board while drinking a bottle of wine ruminating over how much like Six Flags it is. Although, I have never actually tried a Six Flags Spa.

ThemeParkJunkee

We're local APs and with the AP discount I go to Portofino at least once a year for 3 days all by myself. Get a Spa Treatment. Sit by the harbor eating a cheese board while drinking a bottle of wine ruminating over how much like Six Flags it is. Although, I have never actually tried a Six Flags Spa.

Giggling over this post. We very much enjoyed sharing a bottle of wine in the Piazza while the opera singer appeared on the balcony. So Six Flags....

JoeCamel

Careful - with your tongue stuck that firmly in your cheek it may be a permanent condition

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom