Trip Report What do you mean there's no record of her AP?! We've been using it since February!**COMPLETED**

So we've been back for about a week now, and what a time we had! Only one major bump in the road as you can probably tell from the title, but we'll get to that ;)

First a little back story....

3 days before we were scheduled to leave, my husband was admitted to the hospital with acute pancreatitis. He was in excruciating pain and eventually put in the ICU! He was ok with me leaving, and honestly what would have been able to for him that doctors and nurses couldn't? He wasn't dying, so off we went.

Wednesday, August 16th

Our flight wasn't until 2:30 that day, so we got up early to visit Kevin and drop the dog at the kennel. Our Uber came for us around 12:15 since we're 10 mins or less from the airport. There were no lines at check-in or security so we breezed right thru and searched for our first meal of the day. We decided on Sbarro pizza. While we were eating I saw Brook's best friends older brother walking in the terminal(who is my age). We called him over and it turned out that he, his wife and kids were not only on our flight, but also staying at CBR! We chatted for a few mins and then went our separate ways. Brook was begging me to talk to some pilots so I creepily approached one lol. I told him we were headed to FL to visit Embry-Riddle and he was more than happy to chat with us. Turns out he graduated from DSU, her number one choice as of right now! They exchanged numbers and she was on cloud 9! After that we went in search of something sweet. We finally settled on sharing a HUGE oreo rice krispy treat. It looked a lot better than it was, so we tossed it after a few bites.

We boarded and had an uneventful flight. Touched down right on time at 5pm. It felt very strange not to head directly to the ME. We grabbed our luggage, picked our rental car and decided right then and there that instead of driving to Daytona right away that we would go out of our way and head to Epcot. The major reason I decided on this was that the next day(Aug 16th) was the last day the Express Transportation could be purchased. We would need that on our tour day to get to AK in time for our FoP FP. I tried to purchase it over phone, but was told we needed to do it at a guest relations location. It was then that we decided to head to Epcot for dinner and few rides since we had to go for the purchase. Brook hopped on MDE during our ride and snagged us a FP for SSE and a 7:45 ADR for Coral Reef. She chose that since we had never been. We got to Epcot and it felt GREAT to be back and even better that we were ''sneaking'' some extra Disney time!!

For dinner I got the Mahi-Mahi with coconut rice and Brook got the kids mac n cheese. In the end, we both agreed that the atmospheres was neat, but there would be no reason to ever return. We took our desserts to go and headed over to MS with a FP Brook got while we were eating. We were excited to try the new version that had just opened back up 3 days prior. We assumed that since the ride is now called RELAUNCHED! Mission Space that it would be totally different. It wasn't. The only that we noticed that changed was the intro no longer has Gary Sinise. The scene during the ride was THE SAME!:eek: Bummer, it's one of my fave ride. The CM told us that we were on the last ride of the night! After riding we headed out and drove to Daytona Beach .

We arrived around 10:30 pm and the place was a DUMP. I was actually scared to be there and really wished my husband was with us. The Days Inn we were staying at looked like something off of an episode of Cops. There were some ''ladies'' hanging around outside if ya know what I mean lol. Had we arrived earlier I would have taken the loss and found another room, that's how uncomfortable I was. I pushed a chair in front of the door, locked both locks, and literally prayed that we would be ok. The bed was comfy tho lol. We woke up and realized there was free breakfast being offered so we stopped in. I had toast and Frosted Flakes and Brook made herself a waffle. While eating, a maintenance man came in, stood on a chair about 3 feet behind us, stabbed the ceiling with a sharpie and TONSSSSS of water came pouring out into a trash can. We lost it!!! Like diedddd laughing and got the heck out of there LOL!

The drive to Embry-Riddle was short uneventful. The school was beautiful but in the end Brook crossed it off her list.

Around noon we headed to Publix to get a bouquet and balloons for Elsie and a case of water for the week. We drove straight to POR and decided that after we visited with her that we would stay for lunch. She recognized us right away and said to her co-worker...''It's the sisters that are really mother and daughter''. I was glad she remembered us because it had been about 16 months since we last saw her!

elsiesgift.jpg

After our meeting we checked out the pin board and grabbed some lunch. I opted for the create your own pasta with penne, alfredo, chicken and every veggie known to man. It was good...not great. But I had been craving alfredo for the past few days. Brook got the kids chicken nuggets and a king cake.

After lunch we drove over to CBR to check in. We arrived at 2:30 and I was surprised that we still hadn't gotten our room text yet. We ended up hanging around the lobby for about an hour until we got the text. Our room was in a great spot. Trinidad North, room number 3321. It was about a minute from the bus stop and quiet pool, and about 5-7 mins from the main pool and buffet. I was very happy with the location. The room itself was really nice! I didn't take a pic, but the decor reminded me of the Poly. We had a king bed which was SOOO COMFORTABLE!!! Double sinks behind barn doors and the fridge had a new glass door. The light fixtures were also very pretty. We loved the room except that it stunk. It only bothered me right when we came in, it must have been a smoking room.

Up next...our first night continued....

PrincessL

Yay! I've been looking forward to your trip report and thoughts on CBR and it's construction. We are staying there next month.

I love that you drove out of your way to get some extra Disney time. Real bummer about Relaunced: Mission Space...sounds like it's going to mislead a bunch of people:eek:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Yay! I've been looking forward to your trip report and thoughts on CBR and it's construction. We are staying there next month.

I love that you drove out of your way to get some extra Disney time. Real bummer about Relaunced: Mission Space...sounds like it's going to mislead a bunch of people:eek:

Thank you!! I was pleasantly surprised with CBR!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Glad you finally made it to CBR, and you liked the accommodations. My goodness, between your hubs in the ICU, and the rather seedy hotel you stayed in Daytona, it'a amazing that you made it to WDW at all !! :jawdrop:

I hope your husband is feeling a lot better now. How unfortunate that he had pancreatitis right before the trip!

As for whatever hotel/motel you stayed at in Daytona, it's a mixed bag down there. I went to Daytona maybe 12-15 years ago, but stayed at the Hilton, which was nice. I felt it was worth it to pay more, to feel more secure in my surroundings. That being said, there are still some nice smaller hotels and motels in Daytona, including some nice B&Bs, away from the ocean. You just have to do a little more research before you go next time. :)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Glad you finally made it to CBR, and you liked the accommodations. My goodness, between your hubs in the ICU, and the rather seedy hotel you stayed in Daytona, it'a amazing that you made it to WDW at all !! :jawdrop:

I hope your husband is feeling a lot better now. How unfortunate that he had pancreatitis right before the trip!

As for whatever hotel/motel you stayed at in Daytona, it's a mixed bag down there. I went to Daytona maybe 12-15 years ago, but stayed at the Hilton, which was nice. I felt it was worth it to pay more, to feel more secure in my surroundings. That being said, there are still some nice smaller hotels and motels in Daytona, including some nice B&Bs, away from the ocean. You just have to do a little more research before you go next time. :)

Thank you!

The pictures on the hotels website were quite mis-leading lol. I just kept telling myself that we only needed the room for a few hrs to sleep, but in the end it was def not worth it.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So this trip was the first time I took notes for my report and when I looked over them last night I realized that I left out something else we did on our way to Disney property.

We hit up the Character Warehouse! It was small and crowded and nothing caught my eye. They did have items from both DL and WDW. Brook decided on a Cinderella MB for $5.99 and 2 pins! She got a Limited Release Figment 2016 Food & Wine Festival pin for $6.99 and a Star Wars one for $0.99!! We got about $50 worth of merch for under $15!! I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there again, but if we were in the vicinity I would stop back. Parking was a nightmare, VERY CROWDED!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Our first night con't...

Ok, so I left off at dropping our bags in the room. It was now around 4pm and we had a Space Mtn FP starting at 5:05. I decided not to drive to the MK so we hopped a bus and arrived with plenty of time to ride the People Mover first. After Space we were able to use our 7D FP.

sevendaug17th.jpg

We then strolled over to Big Top Souvenirs for a frozen drink. From there I insisted that we do Mickey's Philharmagic for what I thought would be our first time ever. Brook said she remembered the show, but I had no recollection of it. Afterwards we made our way over towards the HM, which she proclaimed is her new fave ride. News to me, but whatever lol. She bought a few pins and we strolled towards Frontierland. She traded a few pins there and then we decided to ride PoC standby. It was only a 15 min wait and we were ready to be goofballs!
piratesonpirates.jpg

After PoC it was time for our Splash Mtn FP. As soon as we scanned our MBs Brook snagged up at 4th FP for Buzz an hour later. The people behind us LOVED the ride photo lol.

PIRATESONSPLASH.jpg

Since we had time to kill before Buzz, we traded some more pins and then walked right on the Magic Carpets. When we got to Buzz it was a walk-on so we rode that twice back-to-back and then used our FP for our final ride of the night. We made our way to CBR and showered before bed. It was a great first night!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I'm along for the ride too. I hope your hubby is feeling much better!

Glad to have you!

Thank you, he was finally discharged on Friday night after 12 days! He'll be out of work until next Tuesday and isn't allowed to be driving as well for the time being. He is still having pain, just not as severe. He is still weak from all that time in bed and losing right around 20 lbs! He's getting there...slowly but surely ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom