All Star Music - tips?

KirstiFeg

Original Poster
Hi all,

We visited last year for our honeymoon and stayed in Art of Animation which was fab!! We decided to come back again this year on a bit of a whim, but having bought our first house we had to be careful with the price!!
We've booked to stay at All Star Music which I know is a value and quite a dated one. There seem to be quite a few negative comments about this resort on the threads so just wondering if anyone can give any tips so we can make the most of it?
We aren't going to spend much time in the hotel to be honest, but be good to get the best experience possible!!

TIA :)

Manchese

Hi all,

We visited last year for our honeymoon and stayed in Art of Animation which was fab!! We decided to come back again this year on a bit of a whim, but having bought our first house we had to be careful with the price!!
We've booked to stay at All Star Music which I know is a value and quite a dated one. There seem to be quite a few negative comments about this resort on the threads so just wondering if anyone can give any tips so we can make the most of it?
We aren't going to spend much time in the hotel to be honest, but be good to get the best experience possible!!

TIA :)
Hi, I haven't sraynin this one but have stayed at All Star Sport three times now and will be staying again hopefully in 2019. I absolutely love it. I read reviews and chose to ignore and judge for myself as some people pick on the most stupid things. Have a great time

Legendary

Stayed at all the value resorts. Definitely not as nice and relaxing as a moderate or deluxe but it's really not as bad some of the reviews make it seam. Prepare for a lot of guests, especially in the quick service area. The food court is big so seating is not really a problem. Bus is hit or miss. We've had great experiences and bad. Dated yes. Decor a little tacky, yes. Worth the price to stay on property, yes. We use the All Stars as just a place to crash with maybe a quick dip in the pool and it's perfect. If we want a little luxury we won't. Why pay more.

belledream

It's like anywhere else. Avoid peak times at the food court, if you want to be closer to Melody Hall, pay for a preferred room or make your building floor requests, but know that they are not guaranteed and also with that, you subject yourself to the possibility of more noise from the lobby/pool, and mostly, just know what you're paying for - which is a more inexpensive deal to stay within the Disney Bubble and come home to the larger-than-life theming every day.

Depending on what building you're in, you can catch the bus from other All Stars and walk back to Music if that suits you better.

hoffman1

I have a soft spot for All-Star Music because that was where we stayed on our first trip to Disney. That was many years ago before there forums to search for helpful advise. We checked in and they assigned us to the Country building second or third floor. We were fairly near the big boots. At check in, we were so excited and thought that was great. By the end of the week, our feet did not appreciate being in the building furthest from everything.
We have stayed there a few times since in the Calypso building but it has been a while. I would the extra fee to stay in a preferred room or request the next building (I think it is Jazz).
It probably varies depending on when you visit but one thing we liked was it seemed less crowded than AOA or Pop. I am guessing part of this is because it is less popular. The store is smaller. There are not quite as many food choices at the food court but it was fine for us.

Giants14

I've stayed in the All Star Music a number of times and we love it - its cheap and cheerful.

Regarding the negative reviews - it all depends what people want and expect, If you want a fun, colourful, cheerful time with a small budget the All Star Music is right on the money.

I've also stayed in the Yacht and Beach club resort but I didn't enjoy it as much as the All star's - the atmosphere is completely different, its all down indivdual preference - id rather have a noisy buzzing food court than a sit down service etc.

I do agree with the posts above - get a preferred room close to the main building - coming back after a long day at the parks.....queuing for a bus.....having standing room only on the bus.............then having to walk to the furthest building and the furthest room is soul destroying lol

Tom 55

Why not stay at POP. It is also a value and right across the lake from AoA. When I stay value I stay at POP. Mostly because of the buses. POP has its own were the All Stars share one most of the time. With POP and AoA being so close together I have taken a AoA bus and just walked across the bridge to POP.

KirstiFeg

Original Poster
Why not stay at POP. It is also a value and right across the lake from AoA. When I stay value I stay at POP. Mostly because of the buses. POP has its own were the All Stars share one most of the time. With POP and AoA being so close together I have taken a AoA bus and just walked across the bridge to POP.
Pop is having refurbishment work during the time we are there and it still came out around £500 more expensive so didn't seem worth it. We also stayed at AOA last year so fancied a different vibe this time. Would like to try pop in the future though!

Ricky Spanish

We stayed there a few years ago and it was great, for your "basic" hotels needs.
Staying there again in November.
We were at All Star Movies this June and that was fine,too.

daisyduckie

Pop is having refurbishment work during the time we are there and it still came out around £500 more expensive so didn't seem worth it. We also stayed at AOA last year so fancied a different vibe this time. Would like to try pop in the future though!

I haven't found the Pop to be worth the extra money over the All Stars. They are both nice.

I like being back in Broadway. I have found my rooms there to be quiet, and I think the whole area is pretty at night.

Dad 2 M & M

All-Star Resorts shared buses is approaching Urban Legend Status.....the only time we have EVER experienced shared busing is when we stayed at the Beach Club. Everyday, no matter what time, the Epcot Resort BLVD hotels shared buses.

I have heard from some, if you are in the World during Off_Peak, AND you return to the resort during the day, you might experience shared busing. During EME, we've experienced shared busing for Pop/AoA almost every time we shut MK,AK or Epcot down. Guess it depends on volume. With that said, we prefer Pop over any other Value, and Frankly over any other Resort.

Our Ranking of Values:
1) Pop
2) Movies
3) Music
4) AoA LM - not really worth it as it is never discounted, and the only time we stay at AoA is when there are zero discounts....even then, it's $30 than Pop. Stayed there twice and it IS tremendous, but not worth $60-$70 more than a discounted Pop/All-Star
5) Sports - we stay away usually....if you have EVER experienced a domestic tour group (cheerleading, soccer, football, etc) you will know they are hands down the worst of any!!!

Pop is great. Have you chosen your room at Music? Below is a pic of the Resort and you can see, as OP have commented, you can catch a Bus from Movies or Sports relatively easy.
upload_2017-8-27_19-14-30.png

upload_2017-8-27_19-15-43.png

Rock Inn is a short walk to Stadium Hall
Jazz Inn BLDG 9 a short walk to Cinema Hall

I am Timmy

We are staying at All Star Music for the first time in Dec., we usually stay at Pop for value resorts (we love it) but needed more space this time (booked family suite). Honestly, over the years we've stayed at deluxe, moderate and value and we have encountered issues in all 3 categories - but none were deal breakers. Wilderness Lodge shares buses, and has a TINY quick service restaurant. We walked miles at Port Orleans Riverside, and the bus was full half the time when it got to us a lot. Pop is minimal in amenities and has a busy food court. However, we enjoyed things about them, too. So, just go with an open mind and find things you like about it. We're hardly at the resort so we opted for a little more space but less expensive to see what it's like. Always an adventure!

Dave B

Keep checking prices change all the time, almost daily

Dad 2 M & M

Keep checking prices change all the time, almost daily
I agree to keep checking as discounted rooms are released on a time sensitive schedule. If many Standard priced (non-discounted) rooms are available a week or two out, some of those rooms move to promo status. The current Passholder Enchanted Escape just had a slew of rooms come available as most of the Resorts have plenty of availability. We were able to book All-Star Music for $75 a night for the week of Sept 11th.....with the saving we added MNSSHP for the 12th.
A small point here; the prices don't change daily, the availability of discounted rooms is what changes. Prices are fixed in advance and room allocations move based on demand/availability.....
I am sure you know this, but you can change your booking at anytime up to 30 days prior, if a better price comes up
If you have a room only ressie (I'm sure KirstiFeg has a package of some sort) you change change up to 5 days prior....

Dad 2 M & M

We are staying at All Star Music for the first time in Dec., we usually stay at Pop for value resorts (we love it) but needed more space this time (booked family suite). Honestly, over the years we've stayed at deluxe, moderate and value and we have encountered issues in all 3 categories - but none were deal breakers. Wilderness Lodge shares buses, and has a TINY quick service restaurant. We walked miles at Port Orleans Riverside, and the bus was full half the time when it got to us a lot. Pop is minimal in amenities and has a busy food court. However, we enjoyed things about them, too. So, just go with an open mind and find things you like about it. We're hardly at the resort so we opted for a little more space but less expensive to see what it's like. Always an adventure!
Well done.....we've stayed across all levels as well, and frankly like Pop the best of all.

Dad 2 M & M

I stayed at Music last fall and I liked it. Imagine a scaled down version of POP. Food court is smaller, resort smaller. I would stay again.
The the price is right at Music...we just booked net week at $75 a night.......We like Pop better as well, but sometimes the attractive prive drives the decision.

When we stay at Music, we always request Broadway BLDG 7 or 8, Jazz BLDG 9 or either Country Fair (it is secluded enough) if efforts to stay as far away from Sports as possible. Of the three All-Stars, we like Movies the most, and stay away from Sports.

I am Timmy

The the price is right at Music...we just booked net week at $75 a night.......We like Pop better as well, but sometimes the attractive prive drives the decision.

When we stay at Music, we always request Broadway BLDG 7 or 8, Jazz BLDG 9 or either Country Fair (it is secluded enough) if efforts to stay as far away from Sports as possible. Of the three All-Stars, we like Movies the most, and stay away from Sports.
So, I got a family room and I see those are only in Jazz and Calypso bldg. We won't be there until Dec. 10, is staying away from Sports an issue that time of year? If not, should I request a specific bldg. or area? I do like to be as close as possible to food court and transportation (I always book preferred rooms at really spread out resorts now after the first screw up at Port Orleans!). Love them at Pop. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom