Does anyone know when the Red Rose Taverne is going away?

Stevek

Hopefully not before I get one more taste of that grey stuff...though I will finally get to try at WDW in a month.

Curious Constance

Yeah, I don't see what would motivate them to change anytime soon. Their business seems to have skyrocketed since it opened, and the food all seems to be very popular. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to hear or see of them making this a more permanent change. I want to try the grey stuff this summer too!!!

Figments Friend

I really like the Pinoccho Village House design wise.
The craftsmanship and design work is beautifully done, but I'm a fan of the 'Pinocchio' film anyway.
So it already has built in appeal with its European themes and colorful interior decor.
Nice cozy place to hide away in during certain times of the day and night.

A part of me would be disappointed to see it permanently changed, but the public has obviously 'spoken' with their wallets.
I'll admit, I'm looking forward to trying the new offerings when I return in July.

Perhaps a permanent 'Beauty' themed dining area will be included in the rumored Fantasyland expansion.
Maybe not a full blown 'Be Our Guest' type of experience ala WDW...but something unique to DLR.
Then Pinocchio can have his haus back.
:)

-

Antaundra

I liked Village House for its themeing but its food was terrible. The Beauty and the Beast themeing deffinately looks like a temporary overlay but the food is so much better. If they don't keep the new menu permanently then I hope at least they can maintain the quality of the food.

The_Mesh_Hatter

When the last petal on the rose has fallen! (Someone get Belle to break the spell, we already have Maurice's Treats, and that is enough unless they're willing to build something new for Belle.)

Stevek

A part of me would be disappointed to see it permanently changed, but the public has obviously 'spoken' with their wallets.
I'll admit, I'm looking forward to trying the new offerings when I return in July.
-

The public always speaks with their wallets on anything that is hyped by Disney. I would be interested to see if people are truly eating up all the food offerings or if they are more focused on the red rose cups and the grey stuff...the only two things that really interested us. They could very easily turn this into a rotating theme type restaurant. Would not surprise me if when Frozen II is released, it gets a Frozen overlay ala BATB.

The Pinocchio theming is wonderful, it was the food that was terrible. I'm looking forward to Pinocchio's return to Village Haus with a better menu. Gepetto made a great feast in the film, give me some of that food!
Belle, Beast and Gaston should get their own restaurant and tavern in a FL expansion where the theater is.

dweezil78

So it's pretty much September now and Red Rose Taverne is still kickin. Is this thing permanent at this point? Did I miss that? I always assumed it would be a short lived movie tie-in thing.

Emmanuel

So it's pretty much September now and Red Rose Taverne is still kickin. Is this thing permanent at this point? Did I miss that? I always assumed it would be a short lived movie tie-in thing.

The resort website still describes it as a "Limited Time" thing but it wouldn't surprise me if they opt to go permanent soon which will mean they'll have to make actual signs and such for the restaurant. But likely the explanation is that they "Extended" it and it will eventually leave

Phroobar

The resort website still describes it as a "Limited Time" thing but it wouldn't surprise me if they opt to go permanent soon which will mean they'll have to make actual signs and such for the restaurant. But likely the explanation is that they "Extended" it and it will eventually leave
Is that Galactic Grill thing still there?

mikenatcity1

I am hopeful it stays, at least for the next 3 weeks. I wanted to try this restaurant (and like others, didn't like the food at Pinocchio's).

Old Mouseketeer

It will go when the increase in business compared to Village Haus ends, or is waning. Or if the overlay becomes so worn it needs replacement and the level of business doesn't justify the expense. One additional factor that would have to be included in the formula is the cost of converting menu, decor, and signage back. It's all about the balance sheet.

Phroobar

It will go when the increase in business compared to Village Haus ends, or is waning. Or if the overlay becomes so worn it needs replacement and the level of business doesn't justify the expense. One additional factor that would have to be included in the formula is the cost of converting menu, decor, and signage back. It's all about the balance sheet.
So basically, not in our lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom