Game of Thrones: Season 7

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Sorry, not a dragon expert. Isn't it a magic wall? How does the dragon break the wall? Smash into it?
Lol I'm no dragon expert either, but I feel like a magic dragon (who either will have flames of fire or ice- probably ice) who is the size of a 747 might be able to break a part of the Wall. I just don't see the Wall lasting the season now that the Night King has a dragon.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Something I read on Buzzfeed: Jon Snow had an uncle who died trying to save his mother, an uncle who lied to the world to protect him, and an uncle who died to save him. Benjen was also the only person that Jon knew his correct relationship with.

Benjen Stark for MVP.

misterID

Are they seriously setting up a Tyrion heel turn? The jealous look on his face seems to come out of nowhere... But really, he did suggest Jon go beyond the wall to get the dead soldier and begged Dany not to go save him...... Seriously? Are they really going there?

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Are they seriously setting up a Tyrion heel turn? The jealous look on his face seems to come out of nowhere... But really, he did suggest Jon go beyond the wall to get the dead soldier and begged Dany not to go save him...... Seriously? Are they really going there?
Yeah I was trying to figure out that look too. Jealousy? Worrying? Shock? We're going to need to wait awhile to find out :(

21stamps

I didn't see it as jealousy.

Btw- I had so many odd emotions during that scene.. cheering and disgust simultaneously.
Poor Jon :(

mf1972

IMG_1583.JPG

patiently waiting for season 8 now :banghead:

misterID

Yeah I was trying to figure out that look too. Jealousy? Worrying? Shock? We're going to need to wait awhile to find out :(
The original outline George wrote in 93 talks about a deadly love triangle involving Tyrion and Jon was a major theme, but it was about Arya. That outline is starting to come to pass in some ways. I just think it's too late in the series for that or else Tyrion will go full on villain.

We still have The Last Jedi to geek out to. :)

I didn't see it as jealousy.

Btw- I had so many odd emotions during that scene.. cheering and disgust simultaneously.
Poor Jon :(
A little bit of incest is okay as long as you don't know it at the time.

Honestly, I had no issues or disgust. I've accepted Cersi and Jamie, so at this point, aunt and nephew is like second cousins marrying. So, Bran and Sam are going to wreck the relationship until the baby comes into play, it seems.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What I don't understand is... what's the limits on Bran's warg'ing.. He could take over hodor all the time and make him do anything. Why not take-over someone who is WITH Jon and say "hey dude, Bran here... I got news for you.." and tell him something no one else would know to ensure Jon believed him.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I've tallied up the surviving main cast and important recurring characters so we can start discussing who will die next season (since death was pretty scarce for named characters in Season 7).
  • Bronn
  • Gregor Clegane (The Mountain)
  • Sandor Clegane (The Hound)
  • Beric Dondarrion
  • Tormund Giantsbane
  • Gilly
  • Grey Worm
  • Euron Greyjoy
  • Theon Greyjoy
  • Yara Greyjoy
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • Missandei
  • Melisandre
  • Jorah Mormont
  • Podrick Payne
  • Qyburn
  • Davos Seaworth
  • Jon Snow- er, Aegon Targaryen (still going to call him Jon though)
  • Arya Stark
  • Bran Stark
  • Sansa Stark
  • Daenerys Targaryen
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Edd Tollett
  • Varys
  • Gendry Waters
These are characters who I believe will show up in cameo appearances, if they come back at all- Edmure Tully (with his family- I hate that we have no idea what is happening in the Twins right now), Robin Arryn, Meera Reed, & Hot Pie.

I think the show could end with 2/3 of the Greyjoys and Lannisters being wiped out (the survivors being Yara and Tyrion). Edd, Tormund, and Beric are all at the Wall... which has now been partially destroyed, so who knows who's going to survive up there. Melisandre and Varys are basically walking around with targets on their backs as well.

I want to be shocked by the deaths. I had been lightly spoiled about Robb & Catelyn dying, but I had no idea how it was going to happen. The Red Wedding was a major shock for me (at least, it was when I was reading the book before Season 3 came out), as was the Purple Wedding. Viserys, Robert, Ned, and Renly all took me by surprise. This season, I wasn't too shocked about the deaths that happened. If the show had killed Tormund or Jorah during the quest for the White Walker, then I would have been surprised. However, it was Thoros who died, and I basically reacted with a shrug of the shoulders.

Next season, give me some heartbreaking, sudden deaths. The good guys are going to be fighting the White Walkers, and we've seen how ruthless the walkers can be. Don't chicken out on this, show.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do like how they wrapped up the arya and sansa fighting... and the writers basically said all the cat fighting in the prior episodes was really to setup this climatic scene where sansa finally confronts little finger. I can almost forgive it now.

And now that Bran showed some actual character.. that was nice.

The Cersei double double crossing was a bit too 'really???'... planning Euon's move and then (again) one upping tyrion? hrmm.. stretch.

And what I didn't like in that episode is... why does the mountain hesitate and not kill Jamie? She gives him the nod... yet somehow this obedient zombie who has virtually no thoughts of his own... DOESN'T follow her command immediately... and then lets the guy walk out??

Maybe Jamie comes across our friend the resurrected cat stark and they have a story in the riverlands again...

misterID

@flynnibus I think they've totally given up on Lady Stoneheart.

The survivors will no doubt be:
Sam
Bran
Arya
Sansa (the writers seem to really love her for whatever reason)
Gendry
Gilly
Brienne

The rest will most likely die. And the TargStark baby will rule with Sansa acting as Queen regent.

I'd like to see Jamie do a swerve and eventually ends up with Sansa with Tyrion dying with Cersi. It's too easy the twins came into the world together and leave it together.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
@flynnibus I think they've totally given up on Lady Stoneheart.

The survivors will no doubt be:
Sam
Bran
Arya
Sansa (the writers seem to really love her for whatever reason)
Gendry
Gilly
Brienne

The rest will most likely die. And the TargStark baby will rule with Sansa acting as Queen regent.

I'd like to see Jamie do a swerve and eventually ends up with Sansa with Tyrion dying with Cersi. It's too easy the twins came into the world together and leave it together.
I know we've got our differences of opinion about Sansa, but I'm with you about Jaime being the Lannister to survive. While I'm not sure if that will be the case if the show continues it's major fanservice (this season has nothing on 1-3), I'd be pretty happy with it.

I'd kind of like to see Davos make it out alive, since he's probably the nicest character out of all of them.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
The more I think about Season 7, the more I'm a little ticked. Not just about the ability to teleport halfway about the kingdom, but the total lack of consequences that some characters had for their actions (cough- Jon- cough).

Littlefinger, Ellaria, Dany, and Tyrion are the only four that I can think of that made bad decisions (either in this season or prior seasons) that had serious consequences. Ellaria's wrath ended with her being forced to watch her daughter die, and Dany's indecision over using her dragons over the course of the season in addition to Tyrion's awful plan to bring back a wight led to a dragon dying and being brought back as a Wight Dragon. And then Littlefinger believed Sansa to be beneath him, but he severely underestimated her.

Jon and Cersei made some grievous errors. Jon just ticked off the entire North (I don't believe Sansa was faking her anger to Littlefinger when she got the scroll). I understand that he never wanted to be King, but the North has suffered an incredible amount of death for the Starks to rule Winterfell. While petty squabbles like titles and kingdoms mean absolutely nothing now that the Wall has fallen at Eastwatch, I think the Northern lords and ladies will listen to Sansa more than Jon.

Meanwhile, Cersei has 3 allies that she isn't paying- Euron, the Mountain, and Qyburn. The Golden Company is a threat that I think will last all of 2 episodes before they're dispatched by a couple of dragons, the Dothraki or the Unsullied (which brings me to my next question- how will the Dothraki and Unsullied fare during a blizzard?) Euron will probably be killed halfway through the season (by Theon, Yara, or maybe the Mountain if Euron doesn't take the news of Cersei's pregnancy well). I'm not sure if the show will use the 'valonquar' part of Maggy's prophecy, but if it isn't Tyrion or Jaime who offs her, I can see it being Arya.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
What did Tyrion have to give Cersei to get her to come back to the table? Cerci has been playing everyone. Maybe that was what the look was about at the end. They had been hinting at a marriage alliance between Dany and Jon on both sides. Tyrion even knew that they were interested in each other. Even if he is jealous I don't think he would turn on Dany just because she was sleeping with another guy or even married someone else. It has to be more.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I'm guessing close to a year went by in the past season. They really needed to give us some kind of time markers. But based on actual travel speeds quite a bit of time has passed. I'm sure there is someone out there doing the math. I'm guessing our heroes were on that island for a couple days before Dany showed up. But they needed to give us more sign posts to time passing. Sansa at least told us it had been a few months since she had heard from Jon. Jon is just such a bad leader when it comes to communication. There is no reason Sansa should not have been getting at least weekly Ravens with updates. There should have been shipments of dragon glass headed to the north. Jon can not lead, he's mostly just lucky.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I'm guessing close to a year went by in the past season. They really needed to give us some kind of time markers. But based on actual travel speeds quite a bit of time has passed. I'm sure there is someone out there doing the math. I'm guessing our heroes were on that island for a couple days before Dany showed up. But they needed to give us more sign posts to time passing. Sansa at least told us it had been a few months since she had heard from Jon. Jon is just such a bad leader when it comes to communication. There is no reason Sansa should not have been getting at least weekly Ravens with updates. There should have been shipments of dragon glass headed to the north. Jon can not lead, he's mostly just lucky.
It's like using Baby Sam as a time stamp all over again. Except now we have Cersei's pregnancy (we should also have her hair, but I don't think the show is even going to bother giving Lena Headey different wigs to show how much time has passed). The baby was conceived in Episode 3, so Cersei could probably be 3 months pregnant by the end of Season 7 (not much of a baby belly).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom