News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rocketraccoon

Coming at you live! It's nothing!

20170826_104519.jpg

No changes since last week. Never realized how bad the tiles under the water looked. There's a fair amount loose that I'm guessing were like that for awhile.

Jones14

If that's the concept for the ride, I see why GotG didn't end up in MK. As many similarities as TRON has to Space Mountain, a rollercoaster that consists of launching into space is even more redundant, especially if the ride system seats guests in a standard fashion. TRON will (at least) have the lightcycles to distinguish it.

I doubt it, but I hope they make use of the two turntables somehow in the multiple preshows this "rockin' action-packed adventure" is supposed to have. Just imagine : after Chris Pratt gives you a lecture on how he and his friends fit into EPCOT, the entire theater rotates to reveal your ride vehicle and a fantastic view of the vastness of space.
Judging by the concept art i'm guessing the coaster cars will be in some kind of enclosed cabin, I mean that should be at least one element that'll differ this ride from another Disney space launch coaster. Also will this ride become part of a bigger space pavilion or is it just going to be known as the GOTG pavilion? I'm trying so hard to be positive about this thing but it's so difficult because I have so many issues with it.

Tom Morrow

Look, I am already insulted by that "Thematically Inconsistent" comment in "Mission Cashgrab" I don't need another Disney attraction insulting my ideals every few seconds in Florida.
Does he actually say this in the ride? Every POV video on Youtube has too much screaming to hear much of anything.

Jrn14

So something of Mummy level caliber isn't happening? That's a bummer... I hope it's at least pretty and the music should be good.

Maddie Terwilliger

Disney has a fascination with Guardians of The Galaxy right now. :hilarious::hilarious: First Mission Breakout and now this ride in Epcot.
They couldn't replace Universe of Energy with anything else?:hilarious:o_O Guardians of the Galaxy definitely isn't my favorite Marvel movie franchise.

However, I'm sure I'll enjoy the ride anyway. Excited to see the progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom