Pre-Trip Our Dream Trip - finally, after 5 years of planning!

Okay so Hi! I'm Michelle, and I've never done one of these before, so apologies if I show poor form :)

Let's just jump right in, then

Who Me (Shell, 37), my husband Jake (34), and our two kids Ava (8) and Xander (6). Here we are in Disneyland July just gone.
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

We'll also be meeting up with my sister- and brother-in-law, who moved to Orlando almost 3 years ago. Oh, I should mention we're from Australia. While this isn't our first trip Stateside, it's our first time to the east coast, and our first chance to visit our family in their new lives.

When and Where August 29 - September 11 we'll be at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We're aware of the construction going on there, but for us getting "free" dining for the bulk of our trip was a priority. From various vlogs and such it doesn't look like we'll be too negatively impacted anyway.

Then we have 5 nights staying at the Wilderness Lodge club level. This is my absolute dream of dreams!! From when I first saw a photo of the resort back in 2012 I fell in love, but didn't think I'd ever get to stay here (at club level, no less). I guess being patient enough to spend 5 years saving and planning has paid off :)

After booking all of this a year ago, we finally got around to booking flights a few months back only to realise there was nothing available for our intended travel dates. So we had to add 2 nights onto our trip. What a real bummer, hey?! :D
So we managed to snag 2 nights in a royal room in POR - this resort was my original pick for the moderate portion of our stay, but it didn't offer free dining, so I'm very glad to be able to spend some time here after all.

Plans All the food!! :D We know the dining plan will be an insane amount of food - we usually only order 2 meals between the 4 of us, but we want to try everything, and hopefully I will start a blog when I get home, with restaurant reviews and such.

Other highlights include MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, the water parks & mini-golf, a day at Universal and a day at Fort Wilderness, and just general bumming around and exploring the resorts.

We're flip-flopping about buying tix for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights - it's very expensive, and I've read there can be issues with drunken idiots, so I'm not sure - opinions?

Well anyway I'm not sure if that was all too much info, or not enough! I hope I can make some trip report posts that people might enjoy, as I've loved looking at all of yours and daydreaming over the past years :)

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:

PacNWTigger

I've heard that Universal's Halloween is not so much geared towards the young ones. I haven't gone, but it might be fun for an adult date night.

nighneve

Original Poster
I've heard that Universal's Halloween is not so much geared towards the young ones. I haven't gone, but it might be fun for an adult date night.

Sorry, yes - the plan was for our family to have the kids for the evening while we head over to Universal just the two of us. Either way that night will be a date night - we'll definitely need it getting towards the end of 3 solid weeks of being with the kids 24/7 :D

ksr99

Okay so Hi! I'm Michelle, and I've never done one of these before, so apologies if I show poor form :)

Let's just jump right in, then

Who Me (Shell, 37), my husband Jake (34), and our two kids Ava (8) and Xander (6). Here we are in Disneyland July just gone.
View attachment 224034
View attachment 224035
We'll also be meeting up with my sister- and brother-in-law, who moved to Orlando almost 3 years ago. Oh, I should mention we're from Australia. While this isn't our first trip Stateside, it's our first time to the east coast, and our first chance to visit our family in their new lives.

When and Where August 29 - September 11 we'll be at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We're aware of the construction going on there, but for us getting "free" dining for the bulk of our trip was a priority. From various vlogs and such it doesn't look like we'll be too negatively impacted anyway.

Then we have 5 nights staying at the Wilderness Lodge club level. This is my absolute dream of dreams!! From when I first saw a photo of the resort back in 2012 I fell in love, but didn't think I'd ever get to stay here (at club level, no less). I guess being patient enough to spend 5 years saving and planning has paid off :)

After booking all of this a year ago, we finally got around to booking flights a few months back only to realise there was nothing available for our intended travel dates. So we had to add 2 nights onto our trip. What a real bummer, hey?! :D
So we managed to snag 2 nights in a royal room in POR - this resort was my original pick for the moderate portion of our stay, but it didn't offer free dining, so I'm very glad to be able to spend some time here after all.

Plans All the food!! :D We know the dining plan will be an insane amount of food - we usually only order 2 meals between the 4 of us, but we want to try everything, and hopefully I will start a blog when I get home, with restaurant reviews and such.

Other highlights include MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, the water parks & mini-golf, a day at Universal and a day at Fort Wilderness, and just general bumming around and exploring the resorts.

We're flip-flopping about buying tix for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights - it's very expensive, and I've read there can be issues with drunken idiots, so I'm not sure - opinions?

Well anyway I'm not sure if that was all too much info, or not enough! I hope I can make some trip report posts that people might enjoy, as I've loved looking at all of yours and daydreaming over the past years :)

Thanks for reading! :)
Have an awesome time, and make sure to smell the roses and relax! Nothing beats having a glass of wine, or three, at the wilderness lodge at night just soaking it in!!!

nighneve

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip!!! All the planning will come in handy! Now you just have to sit back and enjoy :)

Make sure to take a moment and just exclaim to yourself, "IM IN DISNEY WORLD!!!"

Can I just fangirl for a moment and say that your trip reports just make me so happy! I hope that I can even halfway convey my joy and love of Disney as effectively as you do. :)

And to respond properly - I've tried to make sure that I've scheduled in plenty of half days and relax & explore days. One of the luxuries of being there for 3 weeks is that we really can just take it all in at our own pace.

Also, we spent 5 days in Disneyland last year and didn't get to see and do everything, so I know that that is definitely not a realistic goal here. I've got all my must-do ADRs and fast passes sorted, the rest is just a "let's see what happens" kinda vibe.
Spoiler alert : what's "happening" is me crying.
A lot.

Missy_May

I thoroughly enjoyed the series. I keep meaning to reread them, but it's such a time commitment!

P.S. Way to go on picking the best character to name your daughter after. :happy:

prfctlyximprct

Can I just fangirl for a moment and say that your trip reports just make me so happy! I hope that I can even halfway convey my joy and love of Disney as effectively as you do. :)

And to respond properly - I've tried to make sure that I've scheduled in plenty of half days and relax & explore days. One of the luxuries of being there for 3 weeks is that we really can just take it all in at our own pace.

Also, we spent 5 days in Disneyland last year and didn't get to see and do everything, so I know that that is definitely not a realistic goal here. I've got all my must-do ADRs and fast passes sorted, the rest is just a "let's see what happens" kinda vibe.
Spoiler alert : what's "happening" is me crying.
A lot.

I am so happy that my love from Disney is portrayed in words :) it means so much that people actually read my reports!

3 weeks will be amazing! Nothing will feel rushed and you can just take the days in stride! There's always more to do at Disney, or things you miss, but as long as you use your time in the way you want, that's all that matters. I could sit for hours on a bench at Animal Kingdom and be in an utter state of pure bliss.

And go ahead and cry! As you see in my pst trip reports, I'm a blubbering mess in Disney. I never understood crying tears of joy until I visited Walt Disney World.

nighneve

Original Poster
And go ahead and cry! As you see in my pst trip reports, I'm a blubbering mess in Disney. I never understood crying tears of joy until I visited Walt Disney World.

I may or may not occasionally cry in public at the gym on the cross trainer while watching Disney vlogs *shifty eyes*

*Flynnderella*

Excited for this report! When we go again in a couple of years we're going for 3 weeks and I can't wait- We've always done 2 weeks and its STILL not enough time ;) the longer the better for sure!! :)

Also- POR is beautiful!!

BamaDisneyFan

The Wilderness Lodge is " Our home away from home". We absolutely LOVE IT !!! The club level is amazing as well. We did it a few years ago, but I've seen updated reviews and pictures, and Oh WOW!! I hope you and your Family have a Magical Time !!

disneygurl

I am so excited for you! I know that you will love the resorts, all are brilliant picks! Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite. Try for the Mansion buildings in Oak Manor, Magnolia Manor or Parterre. You will be just across the bridge from the main building, it's a great location.

Wilderness Lodge is Ah-mazing. So excited for you. If you have time to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe, don't forget to ask for ketchup. :)

I will be arriving on August 29th and stay until September 4th. I will be looking out for you in the parks & will stop to say hi if I see ya. My name is Karen aka disneygurl. :D

p.s. Do you watch Offspring. I am such a huge fan!

nighneve

Original Poster
Excited for this report! When we go again in a couple of years we're going for 3 weeks and I can't wait- We've always done 2 weeks and its STILL not enough time ;) the longer the better for sure!! :)

Also- POR is beautiful!!

Planning started as 3 days before I knew anything about WDW, and then I'm like "hmmmm we might need a full week here", and then it ultimately blew out to 3 weeks. At one point I tried to convince my husband we should do a 3 day cruise on the end before going home, but that's where he drew the line. And when I realised I might actually have a problem haha

nighneve

Original Poster
The Wilderness Lodge is " Our home away from home". We absolutely LOVE IT !!! The club level is amazing as well. We did it a few years ago, but I've seen updated reviews and pictures, and Oh WOW!! I hope you and your Family have a Magical Time !!

I just want to sit in there and take it in, so that I can really remember every detail once I'm home again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom