Can't see all friends' tickets?

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
My brother-in-law's family is going down with us in November. He is the MDE account holder, and his wife and two kids are "managed by". They bought their tickets and linked them all. They can see them all on their end, and they even linked a ticket to my mother-in-law, who is "managed by" me. No problems, except I can't see the ticket for my brother-in-law. Is there some reason for this, or is it a weird glitch? It probably won't be an issue, but I'd like the ability to make FP+ for him if a need arises.

Rob562

Ticket info is not something that is granted by being friends. If he has a ticket linked to his account you'll be able to make FP for him, you just can't see the ticket info. Only the person whose profile it's linked to, as well as the person who actually did the linking. (Since the person who actually typed in the numbers "owns" control of the ticket and could theoretically re-assign the ticket up until it's used for the first time)

-Rob

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
Ticket info is not something that is granted by being friends. If he has a ticket linked to his account you'll be able to make FP for him, you just can't see the ticket info. Only the person whose profile it's linked to, as well as the person who actually did the linking. (Since the person who actually typed in the numbers "owns" control of the ticket and could theoretically re-assign the ticket up until it's used for the first time)

-Rob
It's just strange, because I can see everyone else's tickets, except his. His family's tickets say non-transferable, but I even have the option to re-assign my mother-in-law's ticket; she's under my account, but they typed in the numbers from their account. Good to know it shouldn't be an issue with FP+, though.

In-post edit: two things I have realized while looking around in the middle of this post...
- Everyone is listed on my campsite reservation, so that's a strong possibility as to why I can see their tickets.
- I can see my brother-in-law's ticket on the MDE app, but not on the website. They've also confirmed that everything looks OK on their end. Probably a weird glitch.

JaxFLBear

Since your brother-in-law has his own MDE account, you would only see his tickets if he shares all plans with you. If he selects update for your profile in HIS Family & Friends list, he will see a screen similar to this:
upload_2017-8-23_9-13-4.png

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
Since your brother-in-law has his own MDE account, you would only see his tickets if he shares all plans with you. If he selects update for your profile in HIS Family & Friends list, he will see a screen similar to this:
View attachment 224766
I haven't confirmed with him yet, but I don't think that's what's happening; I can see his ticket on the app, but not the website.

JaxFLBear

I haven't confirmed with him yet, but I don't think that's what's happening; I can see his ticket on the app, but not the website.
If you can see it in the app but not the website, then it's just a glitch. Since you are connected via the Family & Friends list and he does have admission linked to his profile, you should be able to make FP+ selections for him even if you can't see the ticket.

If the tickets were separately purchased (not part of a room/ticket package), you can see if you can make FP+ selections for him now. Separately purchased admission that's linked to MDE opens a rolling 30 day FP+ booking window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom